Stabber

For discussion of ship fittings
Falling Snow KumaMoto

Re: Stabber

Post by Falling Snow KumaMoto »

Ha, too funny. With all of the sh--posting I thought I was in reddit instead of fittings discussion. I do the same thing as Felicia with table tennis: tell anyone I meet that I am awesome at it. Even if they don't really want to play, they will, just to "put me in my place". Even if I lose, I got what I wanted, which was to play the game.

But as a noob pilot just starting out, I want to know: what fit(s) does Felicia use? Are they already posted above?
ImageImage Image ImageImage
Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy
Title: Mentor, Graduate, Diplomat , Pineapple Pizza enthusiast

Post by Tal Tracyn »

Falling Snow KumaMoto wrote:Ha, too funny. With all of the sh--posting I thought I was in reddit instead of fittings discussion. I do the same thing as Felicia with table tennis: tell anyone I meet that I am awesome at it. Even if they don't really want to play, they will, just to "put me in my place". Even if I lose, I got what I wanted, which was to play the game.

But as a noob pilot just starting out, I want to know: what fit(s) does Felicia use? Are they already posted above?
Yes they are :)

Builder and runner of Rivet City,Karpinski Labs,Hive of Industry for 4 years solo.
Don of High Sec
Trading for 6 years in Eve.
Glasi Vookto

Post by Glasi Vookto »

Please stop with this non-sense about the 10mn Stabber. Just because a guy made a video about it doesn't mean it's a good fit. That Stabber fit he uses has a very limited engagement profile and will die to most things: it will die to any properly fit brawly T1 cruiser, it will die to any kiter, including Retributions and probably Slicers too and, most important, it will die if an interceptor gets in point range of him. It can kill brawly destroyers and frigates, but all fits linked above can do that.
Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy

Post by Tal Tracyn »

Glasi Vookto wrote:Please stop with this non-sense about the 10mn Stabber. Just because a guy made a video about it doesn't mean it's a good fit. That Stabber fit he uses has a very limited engagement profile and will die to most things: it will die to any properly fit brawly T1 cruiser, it will die to any kiter, including Retributions and probably Slicers too and, most important, it will die if an interceptor gets in point range of him. It can kill brawly destroyers and frigates, but all fits linked above can do that.
I think Felicia already stated that.
It's like any fit, it has it's weaknesses and strengths and since Eve is a game of rock,paper,scissors no fit/ship can do everything.
But i am willing to listen to people who have more experience than me in certain fits/ships and i don't mind asking people for advice or to share their experiences.
In saying that the Eve uni wiki is about different fits for different things and i do not think its a good idea to only have fits for null sec (for example) on it where i think most of comments have been coming from (please correct me if i am wrong)
So will i contact people who have more experience with the stabber ? ..absolutely,it would be daft not to.
I am open minded and i will listen to any advice put forward, This is a discussion afterall so post your fits and lets leave the prejudice at the door :D

Builder and runner of Rivet City,Karpinski Labs,Hive of Industry for 4 years solo.
Don of High Sec
Glasi Vookto

Post by Glasi Vookto »

I'm not sure where your saw any prejudice in my post, but whatever..
I gave you two fits that work well in a large variety of engagements, regardless of space security. There are other fits that can work better in some situations, but fare worse in all others. The 10mn Stabber is one of those. There is no point in uploading such niche fits on the wiki. You want fits that are versatile and have a broad engagement profile so that people who visit the wiki can get a feeling of how the ship is generally used and what it can do.
Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy

Post by Tal Tracyn »

Glasi Vookto wrote:I'm not sure where your saw any prejudice in my post, but whatever..
It wasn't directed at any one person i just wanted an unbiased discussion about the stabber and not people coming in saying "it's rubbish" for example.
Glasi Vookto wrote: I gave you two fits that work well in a large variety of engagements, regardless of space security.
And i thank you for that. I have them in pyfa. (Edit: the double XLSE fits is actually in the OP)
Glasi Vookto wrote: There are other fits that can work better in some situations, but fare worse in all others. The 10mn Stabber is one of those. There is no point in uploading such niche fits on the wiki. You want fits that are versatile and have a broad engagement profile so that people who visit the wiki can get a feeling of how the ship is generally used and what it can do.
And thats why i spoke to Felicia to get his opinion on it as he has more experience in low sec fighting in the stabber than i do.
Hence the mail.

Don of High Sec
Felicia Nethers

Post by Felicia Nethers »

Glasi Vookto wrote:Please stop with this non-sense about the 10mn Stabber. Just because a guy made a video about it doesn't mean it's a good fit. That Stabber fit he uses has a very limited engagement profile and will die to most things: it will die to any properly fit brawly T1 cruiser, it will die to any kiter, including Retributions and probably Slicers too and, most important, it will die if an interceptor gets in point range of him. It can kill brawly destroyers and frigates, but all fits linked above can do that.
Challenge Accepted ;)
Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy

Post by Tal Tracyn »

:shock:

Don of High Sec
Dunar Dolorgiet
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Education, Resident Data Wizard, He Puts On His Robe And Wizard Hat

Post by Dunar Dolorgiet »

Alright, I send 50M each to the both of you to cover the hulls. Keep us posted on the results.

Meanwhile please keep it civil, arguments have been presented there is no reason to attack each other personally.
Image Image Image Image
Glasi Vookto

Post by Glasi Vookto »

Felicia Nethers wrote:
Challenge Accepted ;)
That was not my intention, but now that you challenged me I'm forced to see this through :D
Where do you live, sir, and when can I find you at home?
Felicia Nethers

Post by Felicia Nethers »

Glasi Vookto wrote:
Felicia Nethers wrote:
Challenge Accepted ;)
That was not my intention, but now that you challenged me I'm forced to see this through :D
Where do you live, sir, and when can I find you at home?
Not what I was implying... I was simply going to prove you wrong about your post... However the crowed wants blood, so you can find me hunting in "The Bleak Lands, Heimatar, and Deviod" between 2:00-9:00 eve time. Happy hunting! :D
Glasi Vookto

Post by Glasi Vookto »

Ah, you're flying in the exact opposite TZ :) It's gonna be hard to have this matchup, but let's hope we meet some day!
Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy

Post by Tal Tracyn »

I think this will be a really good learning opportunity and i can't wait for the outcome so i'd like to leave this thread open for now.

Don of High Sec