Tengu Eploration Fit

For discussion of ship fittings
Ryousuke Takahashi

Tengu Eploration Fit

Post by Ryousuke Takahashi »

Ok so I saw today that a person named Katia Sae was the first person in eve history to explore the entirety of known Eve space and one Jove system without a single death. Impressive. I came across one of her fittings called Jester’s Trek. It’s a Tengu exploration fit that she had to retire. I’m guessing because of some kind of balancing to the T3 cruiser.

Here is a screen capture of her fit and I’m wondering if any of you fitting guru’s can remake it using the current state of T3 cruiser fittings. You will have to click the image to see the entire fitting

https://imgur.com/u28Pnfm
Raido Kudonen

Re: Tengu Eploration Fit

Post by Raido Kudonen »

Yeah, that fit's a few different patches out of date and doesn't work at all.

Exploration T3s are not amazing anymore, since warping nullified requires a subsystem with really bad align times and agility. If you want to use a cloaky nullified T3 for travel, however, I would suggest something like this:
Spoiler
[Tengu, explo]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile
Expanded Probe Launcher II, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Tengu Core - Electronic Efficiency Gate
Tengu Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Fitting decisions are straightforward. We want dual prop (for crashing gates if someone lands a scram), rapid light missiles (for hazing frigate tackle as a last resort), and an under 5 second align time (it's not great, but it's the best you can hope for in T3s now). To make dual prop work, the Electronic Efficiency Gate is the only way to get enough mids. Accelerated Ejection Bay is the only good offensive sub. Cloak and nullification are obvious, so those subsystems are also predetermined.

Inertial stabilizers and the agility rigs get you the best plausible align time. Shield tank is enough to protect against blapnados and similar. Hyperspatial rig synergizes with the nullification warp speed bonus and helps you move around more effectively.

Any questions?
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!