[LSC] Vexor

For discussion of ship fittings
Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

Re: [LSC] Vexor

Post by Alexander Oromov »

stats are from pre-vexor change. ccp ruined the vexor to be honest. anyways, haven't adjusted them for this.
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Re: [LSC] Vexor

Post by Glen Burney »

Thanks for the feedback Erwin,
This specific Vexor fit is used in the Low Sec Campus Reshipping Program:
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/LSC_Reshipping_Program

The programme features 26 different ships and fittings that industrialists and marketeers maintain on-contract in Heydieles for all University pilots. These ships include logistics, ewar, and damage fittings across frigate, destroyer, and cruiser classes.

CCP changed the stats on the Vexor, making the previous fit impossible, so the LSC Reshipping Program asked for suggestions for Vexor fitting changes. The responses received ranged from "Use a BLAP Vexor" to "Use an ashimmu" to "Use a Brutix" to "What about a Thorax?".

Alex then offered an MWD and AB variant, noting that since the Vexor is so slow, he would lean towards the AB version.

So the choice was really between the AB Vexor and the MWD vexor, and I erred on the side of precedent while taking into account my own experience with AB vs MWD: The existing Vexor was MWD, and I do believe that small gang / QRF work favors those that can land a scram.

Erwin, it's true that my decision may seem to have be unilateral, but I did take into account all feedback. Was the MWD Vexor not an option? The good news is that even if you prefer AB, it's very easy to swap out AND our station has 10MN AB in sophomore corp hangars. AND we have Thoraxes up on contract already AND anyone can put contracts up in Heydieles, AND indeed we will start loading BLAP Vexors up there, AND eventually maybe even hull Brutix and Ashimmus. I would LOVE for there to be a bunch of people that can fly those ships. But for now, we are just trying to build out a little bit and "straighten the furniture".

This Vexor fit is aligned with what we had before, and accomplishes the objective of dual-web scram armor Vexor with great tank and decent damage.

Happy to discuss further...

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)