Tengu fitting for PVP Idea and help please

For discussion of ship fittings
Klahidel

Tengu fitting for PVP Idea and help please

Post by Klahidel »

In the infinite possibilities that a ship can have, I am looking for a Tengu fit that has a high survival rate and is on the low price side [ less than 500 milions ].

I was fideling with possible fit and camed to this concusion.
Spoiler
[Tengu, *Klahidel Tengu Scrambler]
Ballistic Control System II

Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Large Shield Extender II
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

Improved Cloaking Device II
Interdiction Nullifier II
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II

Medium Bay Loading Accelerator I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Tengu Core - Electronic Efficiency Gate
Tengu Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier

Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x2740
Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile x2500
Nanite Repair Paste x50
Caldari Navy Nova Light Missile x2500
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile x2500
Here is what I had in mind.
Something simple to fly ( like a Caracal ) decent EHP and damage but can warp off when in a pinch ( reason for the Interdiction nullifier.
Without using the Micowarpdrive, the fit is stable.

Any Ideas or better fit are welcome.
Koris the Second
Intake & Progression Manager
Intake & Progression Manager

Re: Tengu fitting for PVP Idea and help please

Post by Koris the Second »

Hey there!

Disclaimer: I'm not much of a solo PvP expert, so take my advice with a grain of salt. There are, however, some things that you should think about.
  • You have a ton of fitting room left. No, really - a TON. Use it.
  • Your ship is not properly tanked. Yes, you can go for a buffer tank on a Tengu. But...why? Your Covert Reconfiguration subsystem provides a shield boosting bonus and you have loads of fitting room, so...the passive tank is the wrong choice in my opinion.
  • Fitting an Interdiction Nullifier slaughters your scan res. This thing is useful if you're trying to get through a gate camp or for travel, but you really do not want to go into combat with one fitted.
  • Why are you using the Electronic Efficiency Gate? You're rocking RLMLs- you're neither Logi, nor EWAR - there is no need for increased targeting range.
  • Why the choice of Rapid Lights? You're a T3C, using Rapid Lights basically makes you great at anti-tackle and bullying small ships and...not really much else. Do you want to use this ship to hunt smaller targets? If that is indeed the intended use, messing with your scan resolution becomes even worse - you're only good at taking down small stuff and you can't even lock it in time.
  • You've only got a scram - 9km range. You won't catch anyone, and using missiles you'll actually want the option to stay at range - which you do not have.
All in all, those are the things I'd think about and give your fit another go! :)
Image Image
Tealson Darkstar

Post by Tealson Darkstar »

There are two different kinds of cloaking devices: Covert-Ops cloaks... and everything else. Covert-Ops cloaking devices are unique in that they allow ships capable of equipping them to warp around cloaked. Non covert-ops cloaks do not allow that and come with a slew of drawbacks on top. There's only a few PvP ships that will want a non Covert-Ops cloak like that Improved Cloaking device you have on there, and a T3C is not one of those ships.

If you want a cloaky T3C and you want to use the Covert Reconfiguration, then you need to fit a Covert-Ops cloak. Make sure you do that. It is worth noting that you can make a more durable Tengu with a different subsystem, but then it won't be cloaky at all.

The Interdiction Nullifier subsystem is pretty terrible if you're looking to get into fights, and so is the module (as Koris mentions). You'll definitely want to replace those.

Here is a cloaky Tengu fit that I have that, according to Pyfa, it is 671 million ISK. Again, for a cloaky T3C, you must use a Covert-Ops cloak or you defeat the entire purpose of the Covert Reconfiguration subsystem. You'll want an expanded probe launcher so that you can use combat probes to hunt down ships as needed. There's a couple of things you can cheapen on it: mainly the warp scrambler and the Sisters probe launcher, downgrading both to something that probably isn't a faction variant like I have, but that's pretty much it. The issue is that the subsystems cost 40-50 million a piece, and you need four of them on top of the 230-240 million you need just for the hull, so it's going to be really difficult to squeeze out capability while keeping it under 500 million ISK since you have to spend 330 million just for the ship. Fair warning: this fit uses Ancillary Shield Boosters. If you've never used them before, then please do play around with them first and talk to someone who has used them extensively. They work differently than regular shield boosters, both in a positive and negative way. Their positive qualities compared to regular shield boosters is what makes them utilized in solo-style PvP fits a lot.

Code: Select all

[Tengu, *Double Ancil HAM]

Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System

Large Ancillary Shield Booster
Large Ancillary Shield Booster
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Caldari Navy Warp Scrambler
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II
Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II

Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor
Tengu Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Chassis Optimization

Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile x3396
Navy Cap Booster 150 x80
Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Assault Missile x2000
Nanite Repair Paste x227
Sisters Combat Scanner Probe x16
Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
Agency 'Hardshell' TB5 Dose II x1
Agency 'Pyrolancea' DB5 Dose II x1
Improved Blue Pill Booster x1
Synth Blue Pill Booster x1
Klahidel

Post by Klahidel »

Thank you for all the good advise, I did not notice any of what was pointed to me.
As you can see, I have still a long way to go about fitting.

I will take all advise and re-fit the tengu.

Once again Thank you