Questions about Huffing Venture

For discussion of ship fittings
Daniel 'Orion' Benetyl

Questions about Huffing Venture

Post by Daniel 'Orion' Benetyl »

Hey guys,

Just wondering, what is a good fit for a Gas Venture? I'm looking at T1 equipment myself atm but I could upgrade to T2 Scoops. but I'm genuinely curious as to what else to fit on it aside from the usual MWD and Shield Extender.

Would you guys be able to give me some recommendations? Thank you ahead of time! o7 to everyone.
Tealson Darkstar

Re: Questions about Huffing Venture

Post by Tealson Darkstar »

Have you looked at the fits available to you in-game? I'd start there. There's a T1 and T2 fit, depending if you're at Gas Cloud Harvesting level 5 or not. The only thing to really consider is if you want to keep the inertial stabilizer, or replace it with a warp core stabilizer. Both have pros/cons, and depends on what type of space you're flying in.

Code: Select all

[Venture, EUNI - [T1 Gas] Venture]
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Microwarpdrive I
Medium Shield Extender I
Multispectrum Shield Hardener I

Core Probe Launcher I
Gas Cloud Scoop I
Gas Cloud Scoop I

Small EM Shield Reinforcer I
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

Hornet EC-300 x2

Core Scanner Probe I x8

Attachments
VentureFits.jpg
Daniel 'Orion' Benetyl

Post by Daniel 'Orion' Benetyl »

Tealson Darkstar wrote: 2022.12.30 04:35 Have you looked at the fits available to you in-game? I'd start there. There's a T1 and T2 fit, depending if you're at Gas Cloud Harvesting level 5 or not. The only thing to really consider is if you want to keep the inertial stabilizer, or replace it with a warp core stabilizer. Both have pros/cons, and depends on what type of space you're flying in.

Code: Select all

[Venture, EUNI - [T1 Gas] Venture]
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Microwarpdrive I
Medium Shield Extender I
Multispectrum Shield Hardener I

Core Probe Launcher I
Gas Cloud Scoop I
Gas Cloud Scoop I

Small EM Shield Reinforcer I

Hornet EC-300 x2

Core Scanner Probe I x8

I'm not gonna be able to reach harvesting skill lvl 5 due to still being an Alpha toon, but maybe some time in the future, but from what I'm noticing this is the first fit using ECM drones, I assume that's due to the obvious threat reduction to yourself, right?
Arkady Marten
Production Manager
Production Manager

Post by Arkady Marten »

With most gas sites found outside highsec, you will likely be taking your gas huffing Venture into dangerous space a lot. It helps therefore to have a fit that has a fast align time to get away from trouble and optionally a warp core stabiliser as an added defence.

Furthermore, the gas sites either have no NPC rats at all (highsec, lowsec), tougher rats than a Venture can handle anyway (nullsec), or timed rats that only appear after a certain time (WH space), so you don't need damage drones and can use EC-300 drones as another last-ditch layer of protection instead. (You may still decide to fit the shield extender and hardener as protection against smartbombing gatecamps.)
Image Image
Tealson Darkstar

Post by Tealson Darkstar »

The T1 Venture just needs Gas Cloud Harvesting 1, not 5.

And yes, the ECM drones for in case you get jumped by players. A drone DPS platform, the Venture is not. So, the fit is designed to run away if there's any aggression.
DannyBac0n

Post by DannyBac0n »

It depends how much you get killed, if you lose your ship a lot, it's not worth it. :D