Astero Integrated

For discussion of ship fittings
Gareth Vilet

Astero Integrated

Post by Gareth Vilet »

Is it worth it to use an Integrated Scanner on the Astero if I want to run it as a primary exploration Wormholer with the occasional pvp? Or should I try to just focus on one or the other?

[Astero, Astero]
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Reactor Control Unit II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Ligature Integrated Analyzer
Scan Rangefinding Array I
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II

This is the fit I made, it could be horribly unoptimized. Also what drones should I run? I am about to train into the EUNI drone plan.
Tealson Darkstar

Re: Astero Integrated

Post by Tealson Darkstar »

I wouldn't really consider this to be a pvp fit. There's no real tank on this, and the Nano actually reduces your tank a bit given that you have no other buffer modules fitted. If you decloak on the wrong heron, this will explode.

Check the corp fittings in-game for some Astero fits. I believe there are some armor tanked fits with mwd, web, and double-scram. If you feel like hacking (or even baiting), then feel free to replace one of the scrams with an analyzer. Just keep in mind you will not be able to hold anything that has extra warp core strength.

You might get more visibility/feedback if you post about it in the #fitting-chat channel in Discord. More eyes will see it there.
Koris the Second
Intake & Progression Manager
Intake & Progression Manager

Re: Astero Integrated

Post by Koris the Second »

Been a while since Tealson posted, but I'll chime in anyway.

In my opinion, you fit the Astero either for full-on PvP, able to take on other Asteros and combat frigates or for exploration, with enough tank/offensive capability to snag an explorer or two who can't shoot back. There's an article about Astero fittings on Ashy's blog which may provide some insight into the thought processes going into fitting that ship.

Having said that - it's an expensive toy to take out. Be sure you can replace it several times over if you do.
Image Image