Succubus

An archive for fittings that have already been discussed and imported onto the wiki.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Succubus

Post by Budda Sereda »

There are 2 Succubus fits posted:

PvP Flexible Brawler:
Spoiler
[Succubus, PvP Flexible Brawler]
Dual Light Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Nosferatu II

1MN Afterburner II
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Small Shield Booster II

Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II

Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x1
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Scorch S
Functions as an excellent and durable brawler, or scram-kite ship due to the afterburner bonus, and adjustable long range of the pulse lasers. This fit does not have the scram/point range to kite, however.
Due to the massive recharge rate, it is able to run for 75s without the nosferatu providing 1800 RHP/4000 EHP, at which the nos will probably engage, assuming you are in range.
While you should not use this ship without T2 equipment, the fitting resources are relatively free, but this fit is very general and not optimised for any specific purpose.
And PvP Buffer:
Spoiler
[Succubus, PvP Buffer]
Small Nosferatu II

1MN Afterburner II
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Small Shield Extender II

Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x1
Imperial Navy Standard S
Scorch S
Replace modules for faction ones as you see fit and your wallet allows.
This fit is cap stable, even without the Nos, as there are no cap-hungry modules.
I guess nobody flies Succubus with T2 fit. Should we keep them or upgrade to bling?

Are these fits good at all? Any better/other ones?
Raido Kudonen

Re: Succubus

Post by Raido Kudonen »

Both fits are hilariously awful - a small shield extender is almost never worth it (and the corner cases in which it is, only apply when it's faction), a small shield booster is always bad in PvP, and these fits somehow don't even use 60% of the available power grid.

(Also, T2 fitting a pirate faction ship is penny-wise and pound-foolish, never do it.)

Here's a fairly reasonable lowsec fit (obviously you're supposed to use a snake pod):
Spoiler
[Succubus, pulse pvp]

Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Coreli A-Type 1MN Afterburner
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Caldari Navy Warp Scrambler
Shadow Serpentis Stasis Webifier

Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
[Empty High slot]

Scorch S x2
Conflagration S x4
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x4
Imperial Navy Xray S x4
Imperial Navy Standard S x4
Nanite Repair Paste x100
Uni alum Arkady Olenard likes a beam fit with locus coordinators and a long point - sort of a slower-but-tiny-sig rail Comet.
Spoiler
[Succubus, Arkady Olenard's Succubus]

Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Caldari Navy Warp Disruptor
Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Standard S
Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Standard S
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Energy Locus Coordinator I
Small Energy Locus Coordinator I
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Thanks Raido, published.

Though, can you comment on how to fly this fit? I guess try to orbit opponent at 'appropriate' range which is either your optimal against brawlers, or 500m against kiters or missile/rocket fits. Anything else special which would be worth mentioning?

I have a question regarding bling options. It is clear to me why you'd want bling AB or shield extender: for the price comperable with the price of the ship you are getting MUCH more:
- oficcer AB for only 34M gives almost 300 m/s (2166 vs 1894) which is almost 15% of speed
- faction SE saves lots of CPU and make fit possible in principle.

But Scrambler for 75M give only 1km scram range... is this REALLY big enough to almost double the fit price? It also saves some CPU, but you can fix CPU with another implant..? I assume the answer is yes, but I feel would be important to speak through this... Please share your thoughts/motivation.

Thanks!
K950
Title: Sophomore

Post by K950 »

The first fit is horrendously bad, using a T2 small shield booster, with the wrong rigs.

There are only 3 kinds of shield boosters fit for frigate PvP:
  • Medium Ancillary Shield Boosters. I find that double ASBs are a waste of time because they take up too many slots, and the pair of them barely matches the tank of a basic Medium Shield Extender II. Unless you have a bonus to shield booster amount or resistances, then it's kinda up in the air, but if the other guy has scram web AB and you have scram AB MASB MASB you just lost range control.
  • Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster. A solid, reasonably affordable shield booster, which is the minimum to put on any active tanked frigate. Nothing less will tank hard enough to make the investment worth it: B-Types and A-Types are too expensive for frigates.
  • Pithii A-Type Small Shield Booster. An alternative to the Pithum C-Type, some pilots use these. No lower meta level will tank hard enough to meet your requirements for tank. Can be expensive. A Gistii is interesting but not worth it. (Some old pre-T3C change Tengus would use dual Pithii A-Type SSBs or dual Gistii ones for PvE.)
Here's a staple active Succubus fit. Bring Standard Blue Pill.

Code: Select all

[Succubus, Succubus - Shield AB Beams Standard Active]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
IFFA Compact Damage Control

Caldari Navy Warp Scrambler
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
[Empty High slot]

Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II
The reason for the faction scram is CPU reasons, allowing for T2 heat sinks. Some pilots will be forced to drop a heat sink for a nano for that reason, or run a CPU implant. The reason for the A-Type AB is the Succubus takes very well to a nice deadspace afterburner. At least Mid-Grade Snakes are expected.

Notes for the ship should include a point: NEVER fight a Sansha's Nation pirate ship without having dual webs on your own ship, or web + grappler for a battleship option (against a Nightmare, and dual web + grappler would probably be the best).

Aside from two fits for very specific situations (one is a 12.2 AU/s cyno drop ceptor, another is something else) Small Shield Extenders have no place on any proper fit, for any reason. Have heard of double SSE Svipuls and some other interesting ideas but SSEs are much like 100mm plates: Garbage.

Here is a buffer fit version:

Code: Select all

[Succubus, Succubus - Shield AB Beams Scram Kiter Cheaper]

Extruded Compact Heat Sink
Heat Sink II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

1MN Afterburner II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Warp Scrambler II

Small Knave Scoped Energy Nosferatu

Small Energy Locus Coordinator II
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
You can run a faction web and A-Type AB for improved effectiveness: if you do that you could also run two locus coordinator rigs. If you're allergic to the NOS, use Raido's fit which clears up the MAPC for a damage control.
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Why nos for a scram kiter fit? It has enough cap. Maybe neut...? But you are supposed to stay at 7-8-9km so will be out of neut range.

To fly active shield and to make the best of it you need Slave implants, but Succubus needs slake implants... so that can't be combined.

Hence, will stick with already published fits.

Thanks for help!
K950
Title: Sophomore

Post by K950 »

The NOS on the buffer fit is for defense against neuting targets. It's kind of optional: some people prefer it because the NOS is your only defense against neuting: on the active version, you have a cap booster, which won't be enough to deal with crushing amounts of neuting pressure but is mainly there to support your tank. Lasers are thirsty buggers so a NOS is a lot better than a neut: you'll more likely than not cap yourself much faster that way.

All fits should be using Snake implants, not Slave (I think you meant Crystal) implants. You could run Crystals if you wanted to, but it doesn't have a tank bonus, so you're better off abusing that ridiculous afterburner velocity bonus with Snakes.

The Active fit is very popular, I feel that it should be included: with heat and blue pill it generally tanks most frigatey DPS from most ships it goes after. Daredevils however, can be a serious problem if they catch the Succubus...something about 440 DPS that tends to hurt a lot.
It should be noted that it has become almost standard now for a Succubus to be fitted with Officer or Deadspace afterburners to maximise the speed advantage, and in Low Sec space many pilots will also use Snake implants to provide a further velocity boost.
Succubus to be fitted with Officer or Deadspace afterburners to maximise the speed
Officer