Malediction

An archive for fittings that have already been discussed and imported onto the wiki.
White 0rchid

Malediction

Post by White 0rchid »

The malediction is well known to be one of, if not the best fleet interceptor. There's really only one way to fit it. Don't even start saying shield fits are good. Any interceptor without both a scram and point is worthless.
Spoiler
[Malediction, SAAR Scram LML]

Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Warp Scrambler II

Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II
Small Auxiliary Thrusters II

Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile x500
Nanite Repair Paste x100
WE FORM V0LTA
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Re: Malediction

Post by Titus Tallang »

This fit was recommended to me (and is currently advertised in the BLAP supports list). Please argue why it is straight-up inferior to the version you propose:

Code: Select all

[Malediction, BLAP Support]

Damage Control II
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Adaptive Nano Plating II

5MN Microwarpdrive II
Warp Disruptor II
Warp Scrambler II

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II

Small Ionic Field Projector II
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
*creak*
Mrakling

Post by Mrakling »

-It's slow, and interceptors rely on speed to be able to hold tackle and drive-by scram.
-Plate messes up your warpout time, so that hyperspatial rig won't really help you to catch more stuff.
-Rockets won't hit anything unless you're in scram range, and by staying there you're already dying.
-That targeting range rig is completely useless when your heated disruptor reaches to 36km, which is already within your normal lock range. Maybe it was intended to be a scan res one? (which will only help you lock pods one second faster)
Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

Post by Biwako Acami »

So finally some results on my scripts. According to the data I gathered, the most commonly found Maledictions have the below conceptual fit with the most common deviations being either use 2x Small Astronautic Rig and/or different combinations of ANP, overdrives, nanofiber structures and armor repairers in low slots.

Code: Select all

3x Light Missile Launchers

1x Microwarpdrive
1x Warp Disruptor
1x Warp Scrambler

1x Damage Control
1x Small Armor Repairer
1x Overdrive
1x Nanofiber Internal Structure

1x Small Astronautic Rig
1x Small Targeting Rig
Among the combinations I think White's suggestion is the best striking balance between the reps and speed (assuming staggered damage application from speed tanking). Also I'm a bit biased towards that fit because that was one of the recommended fits while I was trying to fly scout out at the NSC. Plates are not common among Maledictions losses.
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Post by Titus Tallang »

The thought process behind the targeting range rig, as I understand it, is twofold:
  • Linked heated long point range goes out to 44km (beyond base lock range)
  • When burning to a target, you don't want to wait to start the lock until you're already in point range - if you have a range rig, you can start the lock while you're closing in.
I'm very interested in further arguments on the subject though - I'm not an inty pilot by any stretch of the imagination.
*creak*
Mrakling

Post by Mrakling »

Assuming interdiction links is great, but in reality they're not always available, so take the fit as is. The thing about lock range on an inty is that you're already flying at extremely high speeds so you will be within point and lock range before you know it. You also want to stay within 13-30km of your target to be able to scram at will, so if you had that range rig, it would only be useful for a maximum of one server tick while you were trying to get within that range. Speed rig stays useful throughout the whole fight :)
Eshod
Title: Fittings staff, Graduate

Post by Eshod »

White 0rchid wrote:The malediction is well known to be one of, if not the best fleet interceptor. There's really only one way to fit it. Don't even start saying shield fits are good. Any interceptor without both a scram and point is worthless.
Spoiler
[Malediction, SAAR Scram LML]

Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Warp Scrambler II

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II
Small Auxiliary Thrusters II

Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile x500
Nanite Repair Paste x100
Can you explain the intent on the LML's on a fleet interceptor with both disruptor and scram? You're not going to have enough dps to counter any drones or effect the outcome of an engagement. If a scram is fitted, a nos setup would provide far higher utility to maintain the point within med/heavy neut range. A single cycle of either will cap out a Malediction if the MWD is running.
"Without training, they lacked knowledge.
Without knowledge, they lacked confidence.
Without confidence, they lacked victory."

- Julius Caesar
White 0rchid

Post by White 0rchid »

Eshod wrote: Can you explain the intent on the LML's on a fleet interceptor with both disruptor and scram? You're not going to have enough dps to counter any drones or effect the outcome of an engagement. If a scram is fitted, a nos setup would provide far higher utility to maintain the point within med/heavy neut range. A single cycle of either will cap out a Malediction if the MWD is running.
They're for whoring. In my experience (for my gameplay style), it's rare that you hold tackle for long in an inty under scram. For heavy neuts you want to stay WAY out of range (or as far out as possible) and make fast scram passes if needed. Orbit at 5k and scram is a rare situation.
WE FORM V0LTA
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Published White's and Chessur's fits.
Glasi Vookto

Post by Glasi Vookto »

Targeting rig is MANDATORY on any fleet interceptor. There is no solo fits, there is no shield Malediction/Ares, guns are mostly useless on a ceptor so NEVER make sacrifices to fit them. Here are the fits I recommend, tried and tested thoroughly: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 59#p788237
I suggest you keep only one fitting for each fleet interceptor to avoid confusing people (with the exception of the Malediction, you can do a plated fleet tackle if you want).
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Put proper rig to fleet interceptor fit