Suggestions

An archive for fittings that have already been discussed and imported onto the wiki.
White 0rchid

Suggestions

Post by White 0rchid »

Hi, could I suggest that we archive the discussion posts once we're done and the fits have been uploaded? Maybe move them into a subforum/category. Otherwise this forum will get very crowded.

It means only the ones we are actively working on will be in this forum.

If someone has a real issue they can either post in the archived thread or create another with something to indicate it's a second post (like Imicus 2) for instance.
WE FORM V0LTA
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: Suggestions

Post by Budda Sereda »

I also was concerned about getting too many topics in a thread and mixing completed vs pending fits...

Though, I thought about organizing topics into subforums, something like a separate subforum for a more or less big group of ships. For instance:

- Amarr Frigates (T1, Navy, T2)
- Caldari Frigates (T1, Navy, T2)
- Gallente Frigates (T1, Navy, T2)
- Minmatar Frigates (T1, Navy, T2)
- Pirate Frigates
- Destroyers (all races, T1, dictors, CDs, T3: in 1 topic, there are not as many as frigates)
- Cruisers (separate topic for each empire and 1 common for pirates)
- BCs (all in 1)
- BSs (all in 1 for now)
- Capitals (all in 1)

This will make easy to find the ship you are concerned about. But will prevent looking into 'what's pending' and is in active development.
As an option, we can move into these groups only after we done with the topic. But in that case, why split all ships into categories? "Published" would also work well.

Thoughts?
White 0rchid

Post by White 0rchid »

If you go down that route, I'd go with a simpler approach and just have sub forums for the hull sizes. Frigates/Destroyers/Cruisers..etc.
WE FORM V0LTA
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

White 0rchid wrote:If you go down that route, I'd go with a simpler approach and just have sub forums for the hull sizes. Frigates/Destroyers/Cruisers..etc.
Subforums as archives and keep actively discussed fits in 'main'?
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Post by Titus Tallang »

Keep in mind each additional subforum is nontrivial admin overhead on the forum side. I'd suggest just sticking with a single "released fits" archive subforum that we can revive threads from on a case-by-case basis.
*creak*
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Bob Maths
Title: Ensign, Graduate

Post by Bob Maths »

What about testing fits too and arranging a test fight on sisi to make sure they're working as intended?
Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

Post by Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23) »

Bob Maths wrote:What about testing fits too and arranging a test fight on sisi to make sure they're working as intended?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Bob Maths wrote:What about testing fits too and arranging a test fight on sisi to make sure they're working as intended?
Realistically, we are slow and I trust fits published by White are just 'go to' option.

I established 'bureaucracy' process of reviewing them for a reason to be able to answer people question why THIS fit is published.

Doing testing does make sense, but ... many fits testing needs to be done in fleets. Many can be done solo and can be done on the real server.

If you want to organize fights on Sisi for whatever purpose: it is up to you, and you don't need to tie it to fits published by us.