Pontifex

An archive for fittings that have already been discussed and imported onto the wiki.
Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

Re: Pontifex

Post by Biwako Acami »

Based on what I checked on zkillboard, the 2 burst Pontifex was not very common. I think I may have unintentionally implied that I saw them often when what I intended to say was the ones I found were mostly tanky fits. For the next set that I sift through zkillboard, I'll try to quantify the frequency of that class of fits. Since the fits are so similar it may make more sense to merge the Fleet versions and mention in notes that the additional burst can be added by a few modifications (which is basically what I did.)

The fit from White looks like one of the many small gang boosher fits I'd seen riddled through lowsec. Though I rarely saw a cloak (probably an indication of the success rate the module brings) From the related killmails I didn't get the impression they were used in large fleets but that's probably because I'm looking at lossmails and the accompanying fleet may not commit when the boosher losses his ship; a limitation of my method of looking at zkillboard. Edit: I think this is where insight from someone who has been on field, like White's, is really valuable.
Just a humble scout
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

The fact that there are not many double-burst fits on the zkillboard could only mean they are killed less frequently, or fleet compositions when they are needed are lower than others. Or that people who use them survive more often or have better skills...

Anyway, I published Pontifex fits to Wiki 2 days ago, yesterday they were propagated. Let's stick to what we have and focus on other fits. So far for almost 2 months only 2 ships were updated (Gila and Pontifex). Vigil is next in the focus of my attention and the rest of Minmatar frigates. Upon that I will try to choose assistants and completely delegate posting of fits to them.

Thanks.
Kyle Hargrove

Post by Kyle Hargrove »

Sorry for resurrecting the post.

This is a very decent dual link MWD fit which we have included in the WHC doctrine. It has decent stats, gets repped like a boss, and provides decent links. I don't remember precisely who gave me the fit in the first place, but it is something worth integrating if going for Confessors+Deacons for frig holes and short on people to have dedicated boosters.

Ciao!

Code: Select all

[Pontifex, double links MWD]

Damage Control II
400mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates
Dark Blood Adaptive Nano Plating
Dark Blood Adaptive Nano Plating
Centii A-Type Thermal Plating

Micro Jump Field Generator
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II

Armor Command Burst II, Armor Energizing Charge
Armor Command Burst II, Armor Reinforcement Charge
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S

Small Trimark Armor Pump II
Small Command Processor I

Hobgoblin II x5
Acolyte II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

No problem with resurrection, it died just recently and still fresh :)
Kyle Hargrove wrote:Sorry for resurrecting the post.

This is a very decent dual link MWD fit which we have included in the WHC doctrine. It has decent stats, gets repped like a boss, and provides decent links. I don't remember precisely who gave me the fit in the first place, but it is something worth integrating if going for Confessors+Deacons for frig holes and short on people to have dedicated boosters.

Ciao!
Though, how is your fit different from the posted "Pontifex: Fleet Multi-Burst"? I only see a minor difference in the type of plating and 2nd Armor link instead of Information one... it plays a bit here and there with numbers, but I see no any difference in principle. Do I miss something? Instead of posting another one I would update existing with notes... but what to put into notes?
Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

Post by Biwako Acami »

The main difference is that the fit replaces EANM for Adaptive Nano Plating so that you can fit guns which can be quite handy if you expect to apply DPS. Also Dark Blood ANP seems cheaper than True Sansha ANP even though they provide the same benefits.

The bursts thing is usually tailored to fleet requirements so the difference doesn't really matter since the fitting costs don't change.
Just a humble scout
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

This trades 1k EHP for 25 dps... nah, let's keep it as is.
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Guys, looking for ideas of Pontifex that would work well with a nano gang, came up with something like this:
Spoiler
[Pontifex, MWD Rocket SAAR - nano]

Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Micro Jump Field Generator
Warp Scrambler II

Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket
Armor Command Burst II
Small Energy Nosferatu II

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Small Auxiliary Thrusters II

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Warrior II x5

Mjolnir Rage Rocket x300
Nanite Repair Paste x50
Armor Energizing Charge x150
It has an align time less than 3 seconds, but I'm not really sure that nano gang would benefit from this type of ship. It is good to boosh things from the gate, has ok DPS, is quite fast/agile.
I'd use Skirmish links, but it is not bonused to them.
K950
Title: Sophomore

Post by K950 »

A Bifrost would be a considerably better choice for a nano gang, they like Skirmish links and usually run shield tanks, but there's different kinds of nano gangs.

The Bifrost is also faster, much faster, and is well suited for the role. Other ships like Storks are great with triple prop solo stuff, "Snatch jumping", and is tankiest of shield jump destroyers. The Pontifex and Magus do better damage for solo work (but have a harder time compared to triple prop Stork for range control). There's something else the Stork is good at, but people will probably make fun of me for thinking of it.
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

K950 wrote:A Bifrost would be a considerably better choice for a nano gang, they like Skirmish links and usually run shield tanks, but there's different kinds of nano gangs.

The Bifrost is also faster, much faster, and is well suited for the role. Other ships like Storks are great with triple prop solo stuff, "Snatch jumping", and is tankiest of shield jump destroyers. The Pontifex and Magus do better damage for solo work (but have a harder time compared to triple prop Stork for range control). There's something else the Stork is good at, but people will probably make fun of me for thinking of it.
Come on, see rules:
If you want to make comparisons among ships, discuss doctrines or pose any other questions not related to fittings of the ship in the discussion, please use other discussion pages (like Player vs Player Combat, Player vs Environment or Questions & Answers for non-specific questions).