PvE vs PvP

An archive for fittings that have already been discussed and imported onto the wiki.
Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

PvE vs PvP

Post by Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23) »

Yeah, just so we can discuss on why PvE fits are bad at doing PvP and vice versa. :lol:
If you manage to show me a fit that excells at both, I'd be very surprised. The first point on why PvE fits are terrible at PvP is usually the kind of tank. Unless you are running sleeper sites, the fits used in PvE are usually tanked against 2 damage types.

Also means that if you want to hunt PvE ships... :)
Use that nasty resist hole.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: PvE vs PvP

Post by Budda Sereda »

Below is a fit for VNI which I believe is a good example.

It works well for PvE:
- solo L3 missions
- solo blitzing some L4 missions
- group L4 missions with Logies
- group run of combat sites in C3 WH

It should also work well for group PvP as part of shield kiting doctrine, may even work with no logies at all:
- it is amazingly fast

Weakness for PvP though:
- drone boat - generally poor for PvP, but in some cases is ok
- relatively low tank comparatively to same price BC, can be improved by putting damage control into a low module.
Dornath Megara

Post by Dornath Megara »

PVE ships tend to have no tackle and often no webs. That's kind of a no-no for PvP :0
Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

Post by Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23) »

Hm Budda, there is no fit. ;)

And most of my PvE ships do have webs... and I just started to add a scram to every ship as well. You never know when this weird flashy dude comes back to "play".. :lol:
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Neonen Enderas wrote:Hm Budda, there is no fit. ;)

And most of my PvE ships do have webs... and I just started to add a scram to every ship as well. You never know when this weird flashy dude comes back to "play".. :lol:
If you use scram for PvE, then your PvE will lose efficiency (I guess nobody will argue with this?) and that still won't be enough for PvP unless you sacrifice your PvE efficiency even more: would you fit PvP oriented Invulnerability fields running Serpentis missions? Maybe for L3 that is not a big deal, but for L4 it is important.

And if you concerned about pesky fleshies you better watch local and take actions based on that. Or move to nul sec :) ironically, this could work better.