Magnate

An archive for fittings that have already been discussed and imported onto the wiki.
Dornath Megara

Re: Magnate

Post by Dornath Megara »

Do we all agree that the primary use case for the magnate is Exploration?
Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

Post by Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23) »

Nys Cron wrote:I never liked stabs because they also make you easier to lock.
Only if you are talking istabs. ;)
Warpcore stabs don't increase your sig radius, they just crap on your own targeting speed and range.

If you go for 3 T2 istabs, the Magnate can warp out after 3 seconds from 0 while increasing your signature radius by 35,9%.
If you go for Nanos, only the first 2 are giving you a benefit. The 3rd or 4th won't help you but actually hurt you by lowering your EHP.
So, if you like nanos>istabs.. get 2 warpcore stabs and pray for a single scram.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Nys Cron wrote:I never liked stabs because they also make you easier to lock.
Can you confirm this? I know they penalise your targeting range and scan resolution, but they don't say anything about increasing your signature radius.
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Post by Titus Tallang »

Don't confuse Inertial Stabilizers (increase agility at the cost of increased sig radius and reduced cargo) with Warp Core Stabilizers (increase warp core strength at the cost of reduced scan resolution and targeting range).
*creak*
Nys Cron
Title: Graduate

Post by Nys Cron »

I meant Inertial Stabilizers but arguing with being locked quicker was wrong either way. The real reason I tend to prefer nanos is because of the other utility gained by increasing speed, like making it easier to burn out of bubbles etc and that is not relevant for a basic T1 scanner.

To get back on topic, if we are looking for one most useful fit I agree that it should be a basic exploration fit with Relic/Data Analyzers.
Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

Post by Biwako Acami »

Here's a general idea of benefits and drawbacks each bring keeping in mind meta 0-5 types only:

Inertial Stabilizer | Inertia: -16.8% to 20% | Signature Radius: 8% to 11%
Nanofiber Internal Structure | Inertia: 13% to 15.8%, Velocity: 7.75% to 9.5% | Structure Hitpoints: -10% to -20%
Overdrive Injector | Velocity: 10.5% to 12.5% | Cargo Capacity: -10% to -20%
Warp Core Stabilizer | Warp Scramble Strength: -1 | Scan Resolution: -40% to -50%, Maximum Targeting Range: -40% to -50%
Expanded Cargohold | Cargo Capacity: +10% to 27.5% | Maximum Velocity: -13% to -20%, Structure Hitpoints: -15% to -30%
Just a humble scout
Dornath Megara

Post by Dornath Megara »

Thanks Biwako this is very helpful.

I find WCS very useful when exploring outside of hisec.
They make you more likely to be vulnerable in WH space simply because you have to be uncloacked for longer, but as far as I understand we are not considering a cloacky explorer anyway.
Biwako Acami

Post by Biwako Acami »

Its all down to preference. I used to run data/relic in wormholes without WCS for a long time. But I also wouldn't recommend WCS on a wiki fit because the drawbacks make the exploration experience less enjoyable for someone starting out.
Just a humble scout
Lotanis Arkturus

Post by Lotanis Arkturus »

To go back to Biwako's explorer fit (which I like), I think it should have 2x Gravity Capacitor rigs (scan strength) by default, with the note 'Change rigs to memetic algorithm, and precision scope as scanning skills improve'.

To start with you are limited more by what you can scan than by what you can hack. That was the advice I got back in the day for my Heron and it worked well.
I fell for the baitiest of bait, a twelve-story bait with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, a 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof saying "This is Bait"
- Vatik Yomem
Biwako Acami

Post by Biwako Acami »

Lotanis Arkturus wrote:To go back to Biwako's explorer fit (which I like), I think it should have 2x Gravity Capacitor rigs (scan strength) by default, with the note 'Change rigs to memetic algorithm, and precision scope as scanning skills improve'.

To start with you are limited more by what you can scan than by what you can hack. That was the advice I got back in the day for my Heron and it worked well.
I agree. That is indeed how I started. I've modified the fit I've posted to use Scan rigs. We can probably mention that the data/relic rigs can be used once the pilot is adept at scanning signatures.
Last edited by Biwako Acami on 2017.01.05 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
Just a humble scout
eoiles
Title: Freshman

Post by eoiles »

Here is a fitting of exploration i was used in wormhole. However, it do have some value for rookies, since they may not able to escape from dangerous expertly. The Shortcoming of this fitting is obviously, warp stabilizer will significantly decrease targeting range and speed, although it is not so necessary for exploration, inconvenient may likely exist due to some specific situation. Also,as my personal opinion, soe probes should always be used, in the form of 16 a group.

Code: Select all

[Magnate, exploration-]
'Halcyon' Core Equalizer I

Relic Analyzer I
Data Analyzer I
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

Core Probe Launcher I, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Prototype Cloaking Device I

Small Memetic Algorithm Bank I
Small Emission Scope Sharpener I

Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Titus Tallang »

Are we agreed on Biwako's fit being the exploration fit we want to put up?
Spoiler
Biwako Acami wrote:Notes:
  • Hornet EC-300 needs the most training but is only needed when in hostile space.
  • Remove Hornet EC-300 and the cloak and we get a fit that can be flown by an Amarr Alpha clone.

[Magnate, Amarr Explorer]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I

Prototype Cloaking Device I
Core Probe Launcher I, Core Scanner Probe I
[Empty High slot]

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
[Empty Rig slot]

Hobgoblin I x4
Hornet EC-300 x4

Core Scanner Probe I x16
If yes, to-do:
  • Micro-optimizations to the above?
  • Do we want a cargo fit? What are use cases for it?
  • Do we want a "scout" fit? What are use cases? Are there any?
*creak*
Biwako Acami

Post by Biwako Acami »

Heres a list of things I think is relevant for notes on the Explorer fit.

Notes:
  • Improved Cloak II provides slight increase in speed while cloaked but is relatively expensive (-75% vs -90% speed penalty on Prototype)
  • Remove Hornet EC-300 and the cloak for Amarr Alpha clone pilot
  • Hornet EC-300 needs the most training but is only needed when in hostile space
  • Lowslot Options
    • Inertial Stabilizer provide increased maneuverability at the expense of reducing time to be locked
    • Nanofiber Internal Structure provide increased maneuverability and speed at the expense of reduced structure hitpoints
    • Can swap in Overdrive Injector for increased speed at the expense of cargo capacity
    • Can swap in Warp Core Stabilizer to negate warp disruption/scrambler effects at the expense of shorter targeting range and longer lock times
    • Can swap in Expanded Cargohold for increased cargo capacity at the expense of speed and reduced structure hitpoints
Just a humble scout
Biwako Acami

Post by Biwako Acami »

Opinions on other fits:
* Cargonate should be carried forward because, AFAIK, it provides the largest cargo hold you can fit through a frigate sized wormhole (1.75k m3 with T2 rigs).

* Scout fit is not great for Omega clones. And here's were I'm slightly deviating from what i said earlier. It might be useful for an Alpha clone to act as scout hero tackle since they can't use T2 ships. I give the role tackle because once the Magnate approaches uncloaked the element of surprise is gone and it will probably need to hold onto what it landed on.

The fit I came up with below has 2.54k EHP for max skills Amarr Alpha clone on explosive resistance hole and is pretty cheap at 2.6m. I just don't know if it is practical for fleet or home defense.

[Magnate, Alpha Scout Tackle]

Co-Processor II
Co-Processor II
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
'Refuge' Adaptive Nano Plating I

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Scan Acquisition Array I
Faint Scoped Warp Disruptor

Expanded Probe Launcher I, Combat Scanner Probe I
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]
Just a humble scout
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Titus Tallang »

Alright, we still need a reasonable Cargo fit, then. I don't like the current one (small shield extender?) - can we do better?
*creak*