Epic Arc Wiki Pages

<<

Arin Mara

Portrait

Post 2020.10.12 15:41

Epic Arc Wiki Pages

I've completed the Minmatar and Guristas Epic Arc.

During the Epic Arcs I took down detailed notes about Agents, their location, objectives, Mission briefings, rewards, deadspace pockets, distance to objective System, if the Mission can be accepted or completed remotely, ship limitations and suggestions, rewards, notes about Standing loss, ship name, type and attitude, item names, structures and what they drop, mid-Mission messages, tips and tricks as well as strategies which allowed me to safely complete each Mission.

I've used these notes to update the Wiki Pages, starting with the Smash and Grab.
My goal is to make the the Epic Arc Wiki Pages more beautiful then EVE-Survival and more truthful then a video guide.
I would like to get some feedback and submit the Pages for review.
If everyone's happy with my contributions I'd like to become an Epic Arc Wiki Curator and continue working on the next Epic Arc, namely the Minmatar Epic Arc.

Take note of:
* Navigation links: are they better then the old navigation text? Are there any performance penalties for using the template on every single Mission and Chapter Page?
* Mission enumeration: I've incremented the Mission numbers. Before, Intelligence Mining was Mission 1, now it's 2. EVE-Survival and the Agency window agree that Intelligence Mining should be Mission 2. Did I do the right thing?

Manual of style conventions:
* Numbers: I've expressed rewards as 5M instead of 5,000,000. Should I write them differently?
* I've expressed the Time Bonus reward as '+ Time Bonus' instead of '890,000,000 (6h)' - this is because the Time Bonus is often only a fraction of the reward and therefore not important. Is precision better then succinctness?

I've also noticed that Epic Arc Mission Pages are not categorized under Category:Epic Arcs and Category:Mission as per UniWiki Categorization guidelines. What should I do about it?

Fun Guristas Epic Arc discoveries:
* in Intelligence Mining the Minedrill – E518 Crew appears in your cargohold and doesn't have to be looted
* in Sabotage 101 Proximity Charges detonate when you are within 7.5 km, but deal damage only to those within 7 km
* in Fuel Gague you only have to destroy a single Fuel Depot, not all three (cutting Standing loss and risk of being scrambled to a third)
* in Smoke and Mirrors there are 4 Guristas Warehouses, not three; the 4th one has to be destroyed
* in Foxfire killing Guristas Sentry Guns lowers your Caldari Standing
* in Spy Games you can approach the Caldari Bunker from the opposite side and destroy it without bloodshed or Caldari Standing loss
<<

Cariq

Portrait

Post 2020.10.12 18:02

Re: Epic Arc Wiki Pages

This is a great idea for a project!
I was thinking of doing the same, funnily enough. I have standings to do Minmatar and Angels, so I'm happy to help with either/both.
Graduate, Former Titles Officer, Former Personnel Officer
In Rust We Trust
  • EVE wormholer & miner; former DUST514 Unista
  • Mine all the places. Active at AMC, WHC, NSC, & HSC.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Arin Mara

Portrait

Post 2020.10.13 11:28

Yes please. :) I didn't do the Angel Cartel Epic Arc and the Minmatar one needs checking too.

I'm currently torn between beautifying the Epic Arcs and exploring the new Triglavian Pochven Null Security Region. I think I'll do Pochven first, as I have a Sisters of EVE Astero Search and Rescue Frigate parked in the Final Liminality System. :)
<<

Hirmuolio Pine

Portrait

Post 2020.10.13 22:27

The navbox is nice. There won't be performance issues until the same template is on hundreds pages and even then it is mostly problem only when the template is edited.

Agree on the mission numbering.

I would go with 5M instead of 5,000,000. Should probably standardize it among missions.

It is probably best to keep the time bonus in even if it is small. Some missions have it other way around so the time bonus is big and normal reward is small. So things are consistent when it is always shown and can't be misunderstood as "unknown". (but not important due to how insignificant the time bonus usually is)

The missing categories should be added. Low priority copy-pasting job.
<<

Arin Mara

Portrait

Post 2020.10.16 14:50

Perfect!

Categories and Time Bonuses are not very important and I've picked the correct conventions. :)

I'll continue updating the Epic Arcs and adding navigation templates. I want to make browsing a joy. ;)
<<

Arin Mara

Portrait

Post 2020.10.16 19:01

Phew! The Minmatar Epic Arc is ready for review. :)

Fun Minmatar Epic Arc discoveries:
* in A Demonstration you can buy the Olfei Medallion in Dodixie for a fraction of the Minmatar Region price
* in The Cost of Preservation I've lost two uninsured Dominixes because I couldn't loot the item 10 km away from the warp in; don't try to blitz it unless you know what you are doing :P
* in From Way Above getting close to the Battleship is deadly as there are too many Webbers
* in Dead End Intercept the Elite Battleship is alone because it doesn't need any friends to kill you
* in Church Of The Obsidian you cannot warp around! You'll need to perform the lure-turn-turn-jump maneuver if you want to avoid bloodshed
* in Heresiology you can warp inside the pocket, but have to hack up to 6 times
* in Stillwater the Elite Battleship should be alone (but isn't) because it doesn't need any friends to kill you

Return to Wiki