What determines the missions that an agent gives?

Use this to discuss edits or changes to the wiki.
ElectricHaze

What determines the missions that an agent gives?

Post by ElectricHaze »

Does anyone know if the various mining or distribution missions are specific to the individual agents? I'm asking because I have gone through the Level 1-3 agents for both mining and distribution for Core Complexion. I have added all of the missing mission reports to the wiki.

Should I got to a different region/faction/corporation to find any missing missions?
Arin Mara

Re: What determines the missions that an agent gives?

Post by Arin Mara »

Not counting COSMOS, Data Center and Epic Arc Missions, I cannot imagine a Security, Mining or Distribution Mission being specific to a single Agent. However, I would be surprised if a Gallente Agent wanted me to kill Minmatar Republic ships, just as I would be to see an Amarr Agent wanting me to kill Caldari State ships.

These Empire against Empire Missions might be specific to a Faction, but I don't have enough data to prove it. I've recorded only 55 Gallente Level 4 Security Missions from about 7 Agents.
Arin's Guristas Mission Expedition: Anomic Burners
Rayanth
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post by Rayanth »

There are, from what I have heard, some missions that are only available from specific agents, and under specific circumstances. What those circumstances are is a mystery, but some examples:
* A mission may not be available from an agent unless another mission (of a different name, not just "part x") is done first
* A mission may not be available from an agent if a particular mission IS done first.
* A mission may only be available from certain factions (there are a few that target another specific empire in their title, for example), and/or certain corporations
UniWiki Manager - Teaching Staff
Scientia Ipsa Potentia Est
Cassiel Seraphim
Title: Speaker of Truth, Timelord, Graduate

Post by Cassiel Seraphim »

From what I heard over the years, agents have mission pools, just like NPCs have loot pools. Haven't seen much of those mystery combos Rayanth talks about, so can't comment on that, but from what I experienced was that navy-like corporations (ie, the agent belongs to Caldari Navy or some other obvious military corporation) had slightly different pools or at least weighed some missions differently (thus they popped up more frequently).

Now I didn't note things down and ran hundreds of thousands of missions to know for sure and on top of that I did the majority of my missioning prior to the quality change, so take that for a wild speculation since random can often appear very non-random even if you run hundreds of missions and it's possible they made changes to the way missions were selected since then too :)
Hirmuolio Pine
Title: Wiki Curator, Graduate

Post by Hirmuolio Pine »

There was a post on reddit about the mechanic that distributes LP store offerings are to different corporations. The distribution is somewhat inconsistent with some corporations offering items from different factions even.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/i ... alt%C3%A0/

It would be a starting point to assume that missions and LP store items are distributed together.