Potential Page Group for Dev-Only Items

Use this to discuss edits or changes to the wiki.
Drebin 679
Coordinator
Title: Freshman

Potential Page Group for Dev-Only Items

Post by Drebin 679 »

o/.

So as part of updating the wiki pages with the new EDENCOM ships and Vorton Projector weapons, one of the things I did was remove a set of dev-only skills that were in the Spaceship Command page, as I felt that it wasn't the best place to have mixed with the regular capsuleer-accessible skills. I don't like removing things without discussion, particularly in the wiki where there isn't that much structure regarding this stuff. So, to make up for that, I wanted to make the discussion over here.

The game has a series of ships, items, and skills available only to developers. These include Jovian ships, QA modules, and skills for both. To my knowledge, the wiki does not have a particular page for these things. Considering potential trivia and interest in behind the scenes items, I think it would be best to have these on their own page or group of pages. Things could be broken up into dev-only skills, dev-only items, and dev-only ships, as a baseline example. Headers could be added to denote that these are modules that are not available to regular players, so that can hopefully dissuade any potential confusion on having dev stuff in the same domain with regular stuff.

What are your thoughts?
Incursion Coordinator, Wiki Curator
Image Image Image
Essellone Reactor

Re: Potential Page Group for Dev-Only Items

Post by Essellone Reactor »

Separating them out, and making it clear they are dev-only, sounds sensible to me.
Cassiel Seraphim
Title: Speaker of Truth, Timelord, Graduate

Post by Cassiel Seraphim »

I like it, separating it into one developers-only article or a few smaller ones for ships, skills and other would check a few my boxes at least! :)

Having these things redirect to a Jove ships article that clearly states it's dev-only stuff would make a lot more sense and still allow people to find and add information about them, for whatever purpose (lore, curiosity, flexing your knowledge of non-published information etc).
Rayanth
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post by Rayanth »

sounds good to me!
UniWiki Manager - Teaching Staff
Scientia Ipsa Potentia Est