Mission reports - question about style of hostiles table

Use this to discuss edits or changes to the wiki.
Chris Halsky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Mission reports - question about style of hostiles table

Post by Chris Halsky »

Hello,

I decided to start contributing to Wiki - since I'm doing missions anyway, I might also add some information where needed. Thus my question - Is it preferred in mission reports to combine hostiles tables into one with separators (Example 1) or to have all hostiles groups in separate tables (Example 2)? I find this inconsistency a little bit jarring - I would like to use correct style.

Best,

Chris
Hivaa Saitsuo!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hirmuolio Pine
Title: Wiki Curator, Graduate

Re: Mission reports - question about style of hostiles table

Post by Hirmuolio Pine »

If multiple distinct groups spawn at once then they can be put in same table with separators. This tells you that they are all there but you may not need to fight them all at once (and may want to prioritize certain rats).

If multiple distinct groups spawn one by one they should be in separate tables.

Based on the text on the example 1 it sounds like all the groups are present from the beginning (only 1 and 2 auto aggro on warpin). So being in same table makes sensse.
The other mission is probably almost identical and should also have the groups in one table. But nobody has bothered to do detailed descriptions for L2 missions so I don't know.
Rayanth
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Re: Mission reports - question about style of hostiles table

Post by Rayanth »

yeah not sure what's going on with example 2, there... otherwise, i agree with Hirmuolio's assessment. One table per wave is the most recognizable and easily understandable method.

Thank you for choosing to contribute! The mission pages in general have been in need of updates for a while, and they've been on my bucket list, but never seem to make it very high up that list :(
UniWiki Manager - Teaching Staff
Scientia Ipsa Potentia Est