night mare

<<

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Portrait

Post 2020.02.24 16:30

night mare

Worth noting is that you only need to train Caldari Battleship I to make nigh full use of this ship, since the Caldari skill only increases the afterburner efficiency (which is only useful if you actually fit an afterburner).

Mod Action Taken: Original Text Removed.

Please use this forum to discuss changes to wiki pages, not the actions of specific users.
Last edited by Rayanth on 2020.02.24 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unsavory
<<

Vorkan Dosja

Portrait

Post 2020.02.24 16:34

Re: night mare

I just assume individuals who edit like that, that English is a second language. If the information is good, and just poorly done. Edit it to be readable.
Last edited by Vorkan Dosja on 2020.02.24 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Titles Officer | Mentor

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Portrait

Post 2020.02.24 16:36

is the english bad? seems fine to me but look at what it's saying
<<

Vorkan Dosja

Portrait

Post 2020.02.24 16:43

Readability seems poor and could use more concise language.

Running from memory: If it is for the Nightmare pirate ship, it is not wrong. The bonus from Caldari BS skills only gives a speed boost to afterburners. Unless you are planning to fit an afterburner, the skill is otherwise useless beyond sitting in the ship.
Titles Officer | Mentor

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Portrait

Post 2020.02.24 17:02

that much is true but why would you ever not use ab in a sansha ship?

abs are pretty great really if you think about it. much lower fitting, no cap penalty, halved heat damage, and crucially is not shut down by scram. the only reason to ever use mwd is it's faster, and with the huge ab bonus of sansha ships it's only a little bit faster. it's never worth it

100mn t2 ab with snakes and zor it goes 969 cold, 500mn restrained mwd goes 1361. so yes it is about 40% faster, but that's compared to being 170% faster on normal ships, so it's way less worth it. and since you can overheat your ab for double the amount, even less so. heated ab is slightly faster than unheated mwd

comparing bling to bling (which you would probably use on a nightmare), x-type ab (73mil) is 1145 cold, x-type mwd (222mil) is 1397 cold. so only 22% now. is that really ever worth it compared to all the disadvantages?

nightmare is a beautiful ship, very slippery and has the most OP weapon system, beam lasers. but you never fit an mwd. you are wasting a huge amount of the ship's potential like that.
<<

Vorkan Dosja

Portrait

Post 2020.02.24 17:12

Taylor Moon Mahyisti wrote:that much is true but why would you ever not use ab in a sansha ship? etc... etc...

These questions are much better for the fitting section vs the wiki section. Which is why I focused on the formatting, grammar, etc.

The only place I have personally seen Nightmares in action is in Incursions, and they don't really move there, so no afterburners. However, again we should move this to fitting questions at this point.
Titles Officer | Mentor

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Portrait

Post 2020.02.24 17:17

Vorkan Dosja wrote:
Taylor Moon Mahyisti wrote:that much is true but why would you ever not use ab in a sansha ship? etc... etc...

These questions are much better for the fitting section vs the wiki section. Which is why I focused on the formatting, grammar, etc.

well, i wanted to specifically point out the bad info on the wiki

Vorkan Dosja wrote:The only place I have personally seen Nightmares in action is in Incursions, and they don't really move there, so no afterburners. However, again we should move this to fitting questions at this point.

nightmares are excellent for solo and shield fleet pvp because of the ab bonus, beam lasers and great slot layout. probably my favourite shield bs along with the rapid heavy rattler
<<

Vorkan Dosja

Portrait

Post 2020.02.24 17:29

Sounds like you should help the wiki out by fixing the information then ;)

A lot of the fittings need love. I was talking to Rayanth about that last weekend. It's on my list of things to tackle eventually, but if someone has better/more recent info. Definitely go for it.
Titles Officer | Mentor

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Biwako Acami

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2020.02.24 17:32

I have to agree with Taylor here. I'm sure that the statement in question on there hasn't been vetted in a fittings discussion. Appropriate fits can wait for a full discussion but this statement is just misleading.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Post 2020.02.24 17:52

You could argue which group (those fitting and those not fitting) is the most prevalent, but the fact is both groups do exist and the information itself should be on the wiki. Simply because these kind of very niche bonuses won't apply for everyone, unlike the otherwise super generic bonuses that ships tend to have.

So feel free to rewrite it and word it better, but don't remove the actual information that the Caldari Battleship skill can be overlooked if you're not actually using an afterburner.
<<

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Portrait

Post 2020.02.24 17:59

i have fixed it.
<<

Rayanth

Portrait

Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post 2020.02.24 18:49

In the future, please do not request that a user be blocked - especially in a public forum. If you have evidence that they are trolling or vandalising with intent and with a history of doing so, then you can private-message me directly, either here on the forums, or on the TiS Discord, or in evemail in game.

The Wiki is open to editing by all, unless they have a history of trolling or vandalism. We will not block access to any user's ability to edit based on edits that provided invalid information - if something is wrong, anyone can correct it. If they try to 'correct' the correction, then say something on the page's Talk page to provide reasoning of why it's incorrect and should remain the way it is. If it continues to get changed back and becomes an edit war, then I may choose to take action - and I have several at my disposal including Protecting the page, reaching out to the editor privately, applying a temporary edit block, etc...

All members of the Wiki Team regularly monitor the 'Recent Changes' page to watch for patterns that look disruptive. It's been a very busy couple of weeks for me personally so I've not been playing as close of attention, but I trust my curators or assistant manager would have caught and reviewed this if it were a recent edit, and corrected it.
UniWiki Manager - Teaching Staff
Scientia Ipsa Potentia Est

Return to Wiki