Pirate battleship fits

<<

Gergoran Moussou

Portrait

Post 2020.02.26 22:13

Pirate battleship fits

There's been some recent talk about the Nightmare. It might be a good idea to look at the fits for all of the pirate battleships.

Vindicator and Nestor have no fittings listed. Bhaalgorn only has obsolete fits (the ECCM module rather than a sensor booster with a script, for example). Putting something at all on their fittings pages would be beneficial. The others just have PvE fits of various sorts.

Note: I'm not including the Barghest here. Lore-wise, it's not really a pirate faction and the one fit on the wiki is a bit closer to how I'd expect to fit it.

Suggestions for Bhaalgorn fits to add:
1. Updated wormhole armor fit (the two fits on the wiki look like WHC Heavy Armor).
2. Wormhole shield fit (despite being generally an armor ship, pulsar systems provide enough of a neut bonus that they are devastatingly effective, without needing to train Minmatar skill beyond I to make full use in this context).
3. Null fleet fit. A lot of groups use Bhaalgorns because they aren't that much more expensive than T1 and provide excellent utility while still being able to put out eight turrets' worth of damage.

Fleet Nightmares (the first groups that come to mind which use these are Trigger Happy and Triumvirate, I've also seen them used in pulsar wormholes) should be looked at in order to add to the wiki in order to broaden since the recent controversy is because the page has been focused primarily on their use in Incursions without looking at much else. Small gang fits are another good idea.

Rattlesnakes have a few fits, but two of the main PVE uses of the hull (Null DED running and high-class wormhole ratting) are not covered. The C3 wormhole fit on the wiki would definitely not be able to handle a C5 anomaly. Additionally, there are a few groups with fleet doctrine fits, such as Rekking Crew.

Machariels also have a few more uses than just the missions fits that are on the wiki. Someone else can likely provide more than I know about Incursions. On top of this, the slot layout and versatility means that there's a pretty substantial variety of fleet doctrine fits for the Machariel. It can be either autocannon or artillery fit, shield or armor. Lots of groups have been making recent use of Machariel doctrines, including but not limited to Brave Collective, Pandemic Legion, ProviBloc, Rekking Crew, and Dock Workers, with many more having Machariel doctrines not in frequent use. Several of those even have multiple Machariel doctrines (for example, two nights ago on a fleet with Rekking Crew, it looked like Brave Collective pinged an autocannon shield Machariel fleet in response to what we were doing but some people accidentally brought artillery shield ships, while ProviBloc has both armor and shield doctrines that I've observed previously).
Last edited by Gergoran Moussou on 2020.02.27 05:48, edited 1 time in total.
Former E-Uni FC (LSC/WHC).

<<

Gergoran Moussou

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 05:46

Re: Pirate battleship fits

I just noticed that the Leshak also doesn't have any fits on the wiki. Since it's a faction battleship (though not a pirate battleship), a similar idea applies.

I have two saved fittings which could be useful in this, one for a wormhole heavy armor ship (Leshaks dominate the meta in high-class space) and another for running combat sites in C5 space. I'm just not entirely sure how to format it like how fittings appear on the wiki, so I'll just copy-paste the EFT.

Along with these, it could be a good idea to ask the E-Uni Fittings Department to come up with fleet fits (such as by looking at zKillboard to see what kind of fits show up in fleet fights which have a decent amount of dead pirate battleships) and see about putting them on the wiki.

[Leshak, Leshak Armor]
Corelum A-Type Energized Explosive Membrane
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Corelum C-Type Energized Kinetic Membrane
Corelum C-Type Energized Thermal Membrane
True Sansha Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
True Sansha Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Imperial Navy 1600mm Steel Plates

Warp Scrambler II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Gist X-Type 100MN Afterburner

Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Veles Supratidal Entropic Disintegrator

Large Trimark Armor Pump I

Hammerhead II x5
Ogre II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Standard Frentix Booster x6
Nanite Repair Paste x350
Tetryon Exotic Plasma L x2500
Baryon Exotic Plasma L x2500
Meson Exotic Plasma L x2500

[Leshak, Krab Leshak]
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Photonic Upgraded Co-Processor
Imperial Navy 1600mm Steel Plates
Energized Explosive Membrane II

Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Target Painter II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Large Remote Armor Repairer II
Dark Blood Large EMP Smartbomb
Veles Supratidal Entropic Disintegrator

Large Anti-Kinetic Pump II
Large Anti-Kinetic Pump II
Large Anti-Thermal Pump II

Imperial Navy Praetor x4
Federation Navy Ogre x4

Warp Scrambler II x1
Nanite Repair Paste x50
Optimal Range Script x2
Tracking Speed Script x2
Heavy Stasis Grappler II x1
Occult L x6000
Mystic L x6000

<<

Vorkan Dosja

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 17:47

I think you've got full rights to edit the wiki as you see fit, and if there's an issue the curators can step in. You don't need permission to update a glaring gap in knowledge. (Assuming I'm reading your intent correctly)
Titles Officer | Mentor

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Gergoran Moussou

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 18:13

Vorkan Dosja wrote:I think you've got full rights to edit the wiki as you see fit

Yes. I occasionally make edits. I'm just not sure how to do the wiki formatting such that the graphical display of fits works properly and I've been told a few times that this is a bit finicky.

<<

Vorkan Dosja

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 18:19

Yea, I've heard that too. I found this in regards to ship fittings. If you're not comfortable with it, I can give it a shot when I'm done with work.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Template:ShipFitting
Titles Officer | Mentor

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Gergoran Moussou

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 19:38

I'll see about putting the Leshak fits in when I get home.

I don't really have any fits for pirate battleships right now, so that's why I suggested that the Fittings Department might be able to help come up with fleet fits (having been fittings staff a few months ago, I recognize that it can be a bit disorganized, but this wouldn't be very difficult).

<<

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 19:54

i wouldnt bother helping them, i pointed out some bad info on the wiki and they just told me to fix it myself. then after i did that i got told off for criticising the person who wrote it and my post got locked. no word of thanks from anyone.

i reverted my changes and i will never help with the wiki again. the nightmare page is still as it was, days later no one has tried to fix it themselves or apologised to me so i would restore my edit, they just dont care.

i could have just about tolerated the thought of the e-uni logo being plastered over my work and it being used to advertise their corp, but this is too much. i dont like people disrespecting me and refusing to hold others to account
<<

Vorkan Dosja

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 21:58

Yes, the wiki is designed to be edited by all. If you can take the time to complain about it on the forums, you can take the time to fix it. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem, so on and so forth.

We are 100% about constructive feedback, not just criticism. Your criticism was so vague, I couldn't tell if you were complaining about the grammar, the fit, or knowledge. You also weren't offering to help the original editor improve, but wanted to ban them from attempting to help. That's NOT the E-Uni way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWY47bW8K3s

I have never seen E-Uni advertise let alone advertise with the wiki as a motivation to join. Since you can edit it without being in E-Uni. So, you're not making a lot of sense, and just seem bitter that we're not as bitter as you.
Titles Officer | Mentor

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Vorkan Dosja

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 22:01

Gergoran Moussou wrote:I'll see about putting the Leshak fits in when I get home.

I don't really have any fits for pirate battleships right now, so that's why I suggested that the Fittings Department might be able to help come up with fleet fits (having been fittings staff a few months ago, I recognize that it can be a bit disorganized, but this wouldn't be very difficult).

That's the crux of the problem right now. haha

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Fittings_Department
Titles Officer | Mentor

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Gergoran Moussou

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 22:14

Taylor Moon Mahyisti wrote:i wouldnt bother helping them, i pointed out some bad info on the wiki and they just told me to fix it myself. then after i did that i got told off for criticising the person who wrote it and my post got locked. no word of thanks from anyone.

i reverted my changes and i will never help with the wiki again. the nightmare page is still as it was, days later no one has tried to fix it themselves or apologised to me so i would restore my edit, they just dont care.

i could have just about tolerated the thought of the e-uni logo being plastered over my work and it being used to advertise their corp, but this is too much. i dont like people disrespecting me and refusing to hold others to account

This seems a bit overly hostile.

Looking at the edit history, your edit wasn't actually particularly contributive. I've made a few edits to the page to address the problem.

<<

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 22:20

Vorkan Dosja wrote:If you can take the time to complain about it on the forums, you can take the time to fix it.

i dont se why i should with this attitude

Vorkan Dosja wrote:We are 100% about constructive feedback, not just criticism. Your criticism was so vague, I couldn't tell if you were complaining about the grammar, the fit, or knowledge.

well i cant see what i wrote since you guys deleted it, but i think it was quite obvious what was wrong.

ships have bonuses in this game. that gives them an advantage for a particular thing. usually, you're going to want to take advantage of that, because being better at things is good.

if you're ignoring the hull bonuses (and to a lesser extent, role bonuses), that usually means your fit is sub-optimal. the bigger the bonus, the more you're losing out on by not using it, and the sansha afterburner bonus is HUGE. it doubles the effectiveness of a module. there are very few modules in this game that are so underpowered that if you doubled them they still wouldnt be a good choice (armour layering membranes come to mind though...).

Vorkan Dosja wrote:You also weren't offering to help the original editor improve, but wanted to ban them from attempting to help. That's NOT the E-Uni way.

ok well i was mostly being facetious about that but maybe it didnt come across very well through text.

Vorkan Dosja wrote:I have never seen E-Uni advertise

really? i look at the wiki and it has e-uni logo plastered all over it for a start. on the main page it has a bunch of reasons why you should apply and links to apply, and on the left navigation panel on every page there is also a link to join.

by writing stuff on the wiki im basically letting you guys profit from my work to recruit people, which i dont like very much. i think a lot more people would want to help out if you used a different domain name and didnt advertise all over it, and people would be more willing to trust it as well since it would be more neutral.
<<

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 22:21

Gergoran Moussou wrote:This seems a bit overly hostile.

Looking at the edit history, your edit wasn't actually particularly contributive. I've made a few edits to the page to address the problem.

well i think it was very contributive in that it stopped the page from telling people they shouldnt fit an afterburner to a ship with a 100% afterburner bonus
<<

Vorkan Dosja

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 22:30

Here’s the thing, in context to the original writer, he was 100% correct. There is no point to fitting an AB on a Nightmare in Incursions, which is what every one of his contributions were intended towards. You didn’t research why someone would say that, you didn’t even consider that you could be wrong. You just came in swinging, “This guy should be banned from editing”.
Titles Officer | Mentor

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 22:39

Vorkan Dosja wrote:Here’s the thing, in context to the original writer, he was 100% correct. There is no point to fitting an AB on a Nightmare in Incursions, which is what every one of his contributions were intended towards.

that needed to be made very clear in the article. incursions are a very niche use case, you cannot just write "dont use an ab" and expect that to be ok because you meant for one specific purpose.

and by the way i used to do incursions when i was new and back then we did fit afterburners to nightmares to get to the next gates faster, but i havent done them for a while so i'll assume that's changed. maybe e-uni incursions fleets are slow enough at killing the rats that there's no point.

Vorkan Dosja wrote:You didn’t research why someone would say that, you didn’t even consider that you could be wrong.

it's not on me to research what a niche use case might be where the text would make sense, it should have been qualified with that in the article. and i really dont think im wrong about any of this
<<

Vorkan Dosja

Portrait

Post 2020.02.27 22:54

Taylor Moon Mahyisti wrote:
it's not on me to research what a niche use case might be where the text would make sense, it should have been qualified with that in the article. and i really dont think im wrong about any of this

Are you here to complain or help? If you're here to help, then go fix it. If you're here to complain, then as far as I personally am concerned, go away. You're not helping, and you're wasting everyone's time, because instead of discussing the original topic, we're discussing how you don't like E-Uni (Which you say you're part of), and how you want everyone to cater to your whims.
Titles Officer | Mentor

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Next

Return to Wiki