Retiring Wiki Officers

Use this to discuss edits or changes to the wiki.
Arin Mara
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Retiring Wiki Officers

Post by Arin Mara »

Retiring Wiki Officers

You are a Wiki Curator for life; you are a Wiki Officer until you retire. It is with sorrow that I announce the retirement of two Wiki Officers.

Cassiel Seraphim

Cassiel, your parting words brought me to tears. YooJin taught me that it’s customary to give a Medal to retiring officers:
"I've gotten medals for previous work, even one for wiki-work. So I don't feel left out. With me fading away the last couple of years it would just feel weird to get a medal for recognizing after the fact that you're basically already retired."
"A mention in 'previous curators' would be fine though, for posterity."

When I asked them if there is anything else I can do for them they said:
"Well, a parting message would be 'Thank you!', for stepping up yourself, both before when you went ham on the wiki and now recently to take over from Rayanth."
"I just wished I could have kept up the activity myself. I like doing it."

Rayanth

Rayanth. Your wit made the New York Times. Your moon mining guide should have been the talk of New Eden. Your Manifesto is the foundation of the Wiki Ideals. Your Main Page redesign is the seed I'll continue to nurture. Your go-big-or-go-home attitude taught me courage and ambition. UniWiki Will Outlive Us All, but your legacy will echo down the ages. When my time to go comes, I hope that I too, will feel relief.

As a show of my trust and thanks, I'm giving you both administrative Wiki privileges for one year.