Ship Fitting

<<

Edhin Delphiki

Portrait

Post 2020.05.25 11:59

Ship Fitting

All,
What are our current goals with the ship fits? As I parse through them sometimes, I am noticing that some modules got renamed in-game that do not match on the wiki. Also, the template that expands the fit to be copied and pasted says "EFT", which probably should be replaced with "Pyfa"?

If work is being done to overhaul and replace things, please consider my questions academic then. If the fitting overhaul is not something being performed in the short term, is help needed to review fits to avoid copy and paste errors into the game or Pyfa?

Warm Regards,
Edhin
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Hirmuolio Pine

Portrait

Post 2020.05.25 12:55

Re: Ship Fitting

Based on Hoboleaks the adaptive shield hardeners are going to be again renamed tomorrow.
The names should be f ixed but the rapid name changes make things annoying.
Some kind of automated find and replace would be nice.

The text fit format is commonly called "EFT format" even if you don't use EFT.
<<

Edhin Delphiki

Portrait

Post 2020.05.25 13:06

Fair enough, I thought I would ask. My questions indeed were academic in the end.

Warm Regards,
Edhin
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Rayanth

Portrait

Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post 2020.06.15 22:36

I have now begun development on the core tools I will need in order to be able to do a proper bulk-find in the wiki. I do not yet plan to allow it do bulk replace, but that may come.

Part of the issue on ship fittings in particular will be that some of them come from the wikifit extension, and I will not be able to capture (or update) those with this new search tool. They will have to be handled at a different level - probably by the fittings team and Bates.
UniWiki Manager - Teaching Staff
Scientia Ipsa Potentia Est
<<

Valiran Teleros

Portrait

Post 2020.07.13 00:14

Many of the ships have separate fitting pages, even when there are only 1-2 fits for the ship in question. Should the fits be migrated back to the ship page? I think it would be a good idea since that would reduce the amount of clicking users need to do when searching for a fit.
<<

Rayanth

Portrait

Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post 2020.08.01 10:16

My apologies for the late reply. I keep forgetting that the forums exist, and nobody seems to want to keep reminding me...

The ship fittings are being removed. As a result, this discussion is now somewhat moot.
UniWiki Manager - Teaching Staff
Scientia Ipsa Potentia Est

Return to Wiki