New Dreads, any good?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Tavion Aksmis

Portrait

Post 2016.04.28 13:16

New Dreads, any good?

Anyone in here who have a TL;DR on how useful the new dreads are?

As a ratting ship (new capital rats), as a suitcase (they have hangars now) or as a "HotDrop o'Clock" in subcapital combat (again high-angle weapons).

I have Amarr Dreadnought V, JDC V, Tactical Weapon Reconfiguration V and Capital Energy Turret V, the isk for several of them, but never dared to dabble in other capitals than my beloved Jump Freighters :roll:

With the changes there is a lot of praisal going on r/eve about XL Scorch and that the Revelation is actually good again, anyone have any thoughts about this?
<<

Mia Sedgwick

Portrait

Post 2016.04.28 17:02

Re: New Dreads, any good?

The Naglfar and Phoenix are likely to rein supreme in PvP due to capless weapon systems as they did before the changes. Other than that I personally wouldn't bring a Moros or Revelation for anything less than a full scale capital fleet fight where DPS and not things like neuts will be the deciding factor.

Other than that, it's probably a bit to early to tell how they will be employed, I'd say check back in a month or two.
<<

Bunny Crusher

Portrait

Post 2016.04.28 22:00

I didn't mess with them at all, but while I was on the test server I heard a lot of people complaining about the new High Angle Guns. Apparently they can be good enough to hit stuff as small as frig's. people were not happy that they can effectively fight all sizes now. Personally, I think it's awesome :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Aflixion Starr

Portrait

Post 2016.05.02 04:45

Mia Sedgwick wrote:I personally wouldn't bring a Moros or Revelation for anything less than a full scale capital fleet fight where DPS and not things like neuts will be the deciding factor.

Agree with you on the Moros. Have you seen the range on the Revelation though? 37.5km + 41km with multifrequency, 105km + 41km with scorch vs the Moros' 17.9km + 51.2km with antimatter and 50km + 71.7km with null. And it has better cap than the Moros, too, because it uses the same cap per shot! And it has almost 50% more EHP than a Moros while doing slightly less damage.
Graduate / LSC / Guest Lecturer / Guest FC / Mentor
DO YOU LIKE WAFFLES?
<<

Mia Sedgwick

Portrait

Post 2016.05.03 17:59

You make a very fair point Aflixion, I've not looked at the fits in great detail as its the only dread I don't fly but in a siege situation I can see it being excellent when fully buffer tanked.
<<

Aflixion Starr

Portrait

Post 2016.05.03 22:16

Yeah as far as I'm concerned now, dreads in order from best to worst are (Revelation > Phoenix > Naglfar > Moros) primarily due to tank. The age of the Moros is over. The time of the Revelation has come.
Graduate / LSC / Guest Lecturer / Guest FC / Mentor
DO YOU LIKE WAFFLES?
<<

Mia Sedgwick

Portrait

Post 2016.05.05 17:35

Aflixion Starr wrote:Yeah as far as I'm concerned now, dreads in order from best to worst are (Revelation > Phoenix > Naglfar > Moros) primarily due to tank. The age of the Moros is over. The time of the Revelation has come.

I guess that may be a thing in k-space but for w-space where Bhaalgorns are ten a penny not much will change (most likely) as capless weapons are still preferred, for me it still goes Nag>Phoenix then a tie for Rev and Moros, in a Wolf Rayet though I can see Rev's being a things as the armour buffer will be massive especially if combined with a plate.
<<

Xiru Keikira

Portrait

Post 2016.05.20 18:16

Pretty sure they broke the pheonix so it is back to being

Nag>rev with scorch>moros>pheonix
<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2016.05.20 19:17

Xiru Keikira wrote:Pretty sure they broke the pheonix so it is back to being

Nag>rev with scorch>moros>pheonix

I side with Mia, it's nice being able to shoot when dry, then again we don't have the n+1 game you do ;)
<<

Mia Sedgwick

Portrait

Post 2016.05.21 15:02

Capital Cap Boosters actually make the Rev a thing and to a lesser extent the Moros, the only downside being the lack of selectable damage type so the Nag still tops the list.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2016.05.25 15:42

Any truth to, and feedback about, Bunny's mention of dreads being able to hit small targets?
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2016.05.25 18:11

Turhan Bey wrote:Any truth to, and feedback about, Bunny's mention of dreads being able to hit small targets?

Yes. And we're shooting subs with XL guns in pulsars too ;)
<<

Mia Sedgwick

Portrait

Post 2016.05.26 18:09

Rashar Arji wrote:
Turhan Bey wrote:Any truth to, and feedback about, Bunny's mention of dreads being able to hit small targets?

Yes. And we're shooting subs with XL guns in pulsars too ;)

By subs Rashar means Sleepers as he's a giant krab.

But yes, they can indeed hit subcaps with bonused paints and webs as before, although CCP has stated they are looking into this.

Return to Capital Ships