Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Vatik Yomem

Portrait

Post 2016.03.13 22:19

Resources for learning capital warfare

Greetings, pilots.

I'm not sure whether or not this is a moot point with the incoming capital rebalance, but I want to learn as much as I can regardless.

What are some good resources on capital warfare? I've recently acquired a few Chimeras, and I want to at least have an idea of what I'm doing before I undock. I have quite the bit of experience with logi and droneboats, but not capitals.

I know about carrying mobile depots, refits and having exit cynos at the ready and those basics, but is there anything on positioning, movement, engaging and so on? I'm not thinking triage at this point, more combat support and DPS. Pantheon? Slowcats? Something along those lines.

Best regards,
~Vatik
All went according to plan, only the plan was crap.
<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2016.03.14 08:52

Re: Resources for learning capital warfare

Are you on the uni slack that doesn't exist? :P If so you could try to organize something on SISI. Last night we had a practice session on SISI in Lazerhawks, just to try things out, to get more proficient with dualboxing, messing with comps etc. With the new launcher it's super easy to get on and if you have a couple of skilled alts that you don't really care about you can melt them down for SP(don't worry you can /copyskills after 14 days from using a skill extractor on SISI).
<<

BobbyRush

Portrait

Post 2016.03.14 16:08

Rashar Arji wrote:Are you on the uni slack that doesn't exist? :P If so you could try to organize something on SISI. Last night we had a practice session on SISI in Lazerhawks, just to try things out, to get more proficient with dualboxing, messing with comps etc. With the new launcher it's super easy to get on and if you have a couple of skilled alts that you don't really care about you can melt them down for SP(don't worry you can /copyskills after 14 days from using a skill extractor on SISI).

Please go into this process in more detail for the lazy folks who CBA to Google it.*

*Me
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2016.03.15 08:17

You can download the launcher here.

Once you're on, if you have a bunch of alts that you DO NOT intend to use on sisi in the next 14 days or that you don't care about at all, you go to market and search for 'aurum token'. I believe hey come in 10, 50 and 100 packs. Buy a bunch, go to the New Eden Store and buy skill extractors, make sure to get enough. Melt your alt's SP. Inject on the character you want to use :) Profit. This allowed me to get a max skilled Bhaalgorn pilot for our SISI testings :)
<<

Kalen Tsero

Portrait

Post 2016.03.15 08:56

Edit: don't listen to me, I'm an idiot.
Last edited by Kalen Tsero on 2016.03.15 09:05, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-Mentor, Ex-Titles Officer, Ex-Ensign, Ex-WHC Education Officer, Graduate, ECM Teacher, "At least it was cap stable", "Please jam me", "The Jerk We Need"

<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2016.03.15 09:04

Kalen Tsero wrote:Or, even easier. Extract skills from main, /copyskills, inject SP

Except this won't work. You get a 14 day cooldown on /copyskills when using an extractor. I recommend using alts and melt their SP rather than your main. But it boils down to how active you are on SISI, the purpose of the alts, and stuff like that. I'm sure you can figure the best way yourselves :)
<<

BobbyRush

Portrait

Post 2016.03.15 11:11

Rashar Arji wrote:You can download the launcher here.

Once you're on, if you have a bunch of alts that you DO NOT intend to use on sisi in the next 14 days or that you don't care about at all, you go to market and search for 'aurum token'. I believe hey come in 10, 50 and 100 packs. Buy a bunch, go to the New Eden Store and buy skill extractors, make sure to get enough. Melt your alt's SP. Inject on the character you want to use :) Profit. This allowed me to get a max skilled Bhaalgorn pilot for our SISI testings :)

Excellent. I have plenty of high skilled alts that I can melt to test out cap warfare with Bobby.

Now to look into this super sekrit slack...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2016.03.15 16:19

BobbyRush wrote:
Rashar Arji wrote:You can download the launcher here.

Excellent. I have plenty of high skilled alts that I can melt to test out cap warfare with Bobby.

Now to look into this super sekrit slack...

Ask Titus

Return to Capital Ships