Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Gloom skull Dethahal

Portrait

Post 2015.04.14 00:33

Hey Carrier, what's in your cargo hold?

Aloha,

So, I'm looking to whelp my first carrier ██████████████. What should I have in my cargo holds? Is there a prescribed laundry list of modules and deployables? Should I have a bunch of T1 frigates for the fleet to reship? What should be in there?

Thanks,

Gloom

Declassification note 2015-05-28 wrote:Classified information redacted.

Declassification note 2015-05-28 wrote:Thread approved for declassification. ~TT
<<

I am Ozymandias

Portrait

Post 2015.04.14 06:46

Re: Hey Carrier, what's in your cargo hold?

This here should be a good start http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?p=754586#p754586.

In general from the top of my head you want to bring enough refits for low slots, lots of depots, (maybe) a HIC, scan inhibitors (or whatever they're called, drugs and midslots.

For lowslots there would be EANMs, resist specific Membranes, hardeners, and ofc lots of replacements when your are burning them out.

What I read about and really like was full rack of bulkheads and capital hull rigs. So whenever you are going down and would refit to bulkheads anyway you refit your rigs aswell. ( This schould be done when you are sure to die and not T2 CCC fitted, although maybe you should anyway :P)

Ofc I forgot a cyno, smartbombs, warpcore stabs, (maybe inertia stabs), I also like cap boosters, neuts for yourself or battleships to refit and very important all the fuel (stront, liquid ozone for your cyno and race specific fuel, although a full fuelbay would probably be enough)

Declassification note 2015-05-28 wrote:The thread linked above has not been approved for declassification. Relevant information is replicated below:
Titus Tallang wrote:Fit, Cargo, Fleet Hangar.
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Director of Special Projects
Director of Special Projects

Post 2015.04.14 11:05

Cyno inhibitors are nice. Also, exotic dancers.

PS: Remember to split your stront stacks! Stack size should be half of the cycle cost for your skills.
Scientia potentia est.
If a statement I made seems offensive to you, please be assured that this was not my intent.
If I am mistaken about something, please tell me about it. We improve through sharing knowledge.
<<

I am Ozymandias

Portrait

Post 2015.04.14 16:01

And while we are talking about cargoholds, fleethangars and fuelbays don't forget to use your dronebay! Just because you're a triage carrier doesn't mean you can leave it empty!
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Post 2015.04.14 19:08

In the Cargo:

SPOILER WARNING!
5 x depot
1 x strong mindflood booster
3 x large smart bombs
7 x t1 warp core stabs
7 x t2 capacitor power relay
4 x Phased Muon ECCM Caster I
2 x Sensor Booster II
4 x each sensor booster script
4 x t2 cap recharger
3 x energized adaptive nano membrane
2 x Armor EM Hardener II
2 x Armor Thermic Hardener II
2 x Armor Kinetic Hardener II
2 x Armor Explosive Hardener II
1 x Damage Control II
3 x Signal Amplifier II
1 x improved cloak

and maybe:

4 x Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
3 x Drone Damage Amplifier II

In fleet hangar:

SPOILER WARNING!
1 x Capital Energy Transfer Array I
400 x strontium
10 x large smartbombs
10 x medium smartbombs
10 x heavy unstable power fluctuators
20 x t1 warp core stabs
200 x cap booster 800
1 x core probe launcher
20 x sister core probes
1 x prototype cloak
<<

Gloom skull Dethahal

Portrait

Post 2015.04.15 00:12

Thank you everyone!

Titus talked me into bringing fighters and a ton of ECM/Neuting drones.

What do y'all think about putting frigates in the ship maintenance bay for fleet mates to re-ship?
<<

I am Ozymandias

Portrait

Post 2015.04.15 08:02

I personally like the idea! Get the most common t1 tacklefrigs for newbros to reship to, if you feel really generous you could even bring intys
<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2015.04.15 08:03

Or 25 Neut Mallers ;)
<<

Dan Egdald

Portrait

Post 2015.04.15 11:56

Bringing frigs for people to reship would seem like a good idea, but in practice I think it would generate more of a comms clusterfuck in the middle of a capital brawl than anything else.
Plus you'd have to consider the fitting skills and capabilities of every pilot who might potentially grab that frigate.

More of a headache than I'd be willing to endure for the sake of having a dozen extra frigates.
Just my opinion.
<<

Mia Sedgwick

Portrait

Post 2015.05.31 15:55

In k-space you can probably just load up on stront, jump fuel and maybe some spare depots and cyno inhibs as most people in your fleet have what they need or can easily go get it.

In w-space, you are like a mobile trade hub, carrying spare points, scrams, webs, target painters, ECCM, ECM, neuts, smartbombs, nanite paste, tracking comps, sensor boosters and my personal favorite, a cyno and ozone so you can get someone to refit for an exit cyno wherever you pop out into k-space after yoloing down chain.
<<

Daniel Wittaker

Portrait

Post 2015.06.02 21:46

Mia Sedgwick wrote:In k-space you can probably just load up on stront, jump fuel and maybe some spare depots and cyno inhibs as most people in your fleet have what they need or can easily go get it.

It depends, actually. Mostly on how you judge the likelihood of dying in a fire.

At near-certainty (true suicide triage), you don't even carry drones. Just stront/fuel/ozone, a Mobile Depot and cyno (never ever ever ever have a K-space carrier without a cyno+LO+Mobile Depot onboard), and several spare sets of hardeners. If you go Triage with a refitting option in range, you overheat your hardeners and replace them from your hangar as they burn out.

If you have some kind of home-defense-type ratting/QRF/whatever carrier, where you can expect non-serious fights and the possibility of a viking funeral, your kit requirements increase. A Triage refit (if available), a refit to cross-tank (Archons carry shield, Chimmies carry armor, Thannies are stupid), and plus spare hardeners, Mobile Depot, Cyno+LO. Your drone complement should be ~40 of each drone. You can get away with a flight plus a couple extras of T2, then a lot of T1. Sentries and EWAR drones can be T1. Fighters are unnecessary. You should also have 6 neuts (T2), 6 smartbombs (meta is alright), enough WCS to fill your lows, and a MWD. Plus spme choice extras--ECM, a cap fit, sensor damps, tackle. Plus a travel fit.

A full fit demands everything of the above, plus a little more. At least 20 of each drone you can T2. 60+ of each sentry, T1. T2 all the lower drones, plus fighters. Every mod imaginable--cap boosters and charges, TCs, a drone damage fit, ReSeBo's and SeBo's, a couple ABs and MWDs (burn back inside a POS shield under fire just once, and you'll understand), TPs. A few of everything a carrier can use. In addition to the Mobile Depot, you also want the biggest bubble you can anchor, and a Mobile Cyno Inhib.
<<

Yurth Burden

Portrait

Post 2015.06.24 11:19

I wouldnt waste my time carrying a load of frigates in my hanger just for others to use.

If they lose their ships, reshipping into a frigate will not be as effective as going back and getting into a bigger ship.

About the only boat that I would carry would be a HIC and that is simply because you can still point a Cap if your fleet gets lean on tacklers.

I wouldnt carry more than one mobile depot just for the fact that you can refit off another carrier in your fleet.

ratting in a carrier is a completely different animal. You need to fit for that initial tackle and incoming DPS while your cap mates jump in to save you.
ΦΦΦΦΦ
ΦΦΦ

Yurth Burden

Return to Capital Ships