This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

rsyada7

Portrait

Post 2014.10.01 19:48

Implications of the new Cap Ship Jump Changes

Boys and girls the first of many Cap Ship changes is upon us. :shock:

For those of you who have yet to read this:
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/long-distance-travel-changes-inbound/
The basic implications are thus:
  • Capital Ships will now be able to use Stargates.
  • MAXIMUM Jump Range (AFTER skills) will be 5 ly.
  • Jumping will incur a "Jump fatigue", which increases the amount of time between jumps. The more you jump and the further you jump, the more fatigue you get and the longer it takes to be able to jump again (Ex: After 1 jump and 4.5 ly you have to wait like 5 mins, after the second jump again 4.5 light years you have to wait 15 mins.
    If your destination is 20ly+ CCP wants it to be faster to jump through gates than to travel by cyno.
  • Oh man, this one really sucks... No more pod express. You can only change medical pod location if you're in the station.
  • Rorquals and JF have a 90% reduction in jump fatigue (though they've even hinted that this might change)

You may want to get your ships to a place you really want to stage them at now, before the next patch.
I can't tell if I'm really angry or really excited about these changes. I suppose I'm both.
On the downside, logistics just got a lot worse, but on the upside we don't have to worry about getting supers dropped on us (as much) out near the LSC and the NSC. What could this mean? Maybe, just maybe, we could use our cap ships now to support our normal gang operations. This is :ccp: intentions, and I would love to give various fleets our support.

What do you guys think? Could we make our cap presence a lot more known now? Would you guys like to undock a bit more? Or are we still going to find our movement crippled and still unable to field on the day to day?

I know we'll have to wait until the dust settles, but I'd love to become a more unified group after these changes, if you'd dare to fly out into the abyss with me. Comments?

Declassification note 2015-05-28 wrote:Thread approved for declassification. ~TT
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Director of Special Projects

Post 2014.10.02 08:19

Re: Implications of the new Cap Ship Jump Changes

Move ops will take forever. Most efficient way to travel (because multiplicativity, it's simple, really) is to wait (# of ly)*10 minutes after each hop for fatigue to count down all the way to 1 before jumping again.

Meaning it's 50 minutes per 5ly hop.
Yes 5ly is JDC0 range.
Yes this will suck.
Yes CCP just literally gave everyone the same range I always make fun of helioswipe for having.
Yes I'm still bitter.

PS: So I trust you have nobody in your vicinity that has supers? Because if there's anyone in your vicinity that has supers, you can forget ever deploying your caps (since they can respond with supers without fear of serious escalation within a reasonable timeframe).
Scientia potentia est.
If a statement I made seems offensive to you, please be assured that this was not my intent.
If I am mistaken about something, please tell me about it. We improve through sharing knowledge.
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Post 2014.10.02 08:33

Actually thinking about it a bit more, if this goes live as-is killing caps in lowsec without dreads of your own will now be extremely hard.

They can just hug a gate, deaggress if their tank isn't holding, and if you don't burn through their (pretty massive) EHP within 1min they can jump the gate and then jump out to a cyno from gate cloak.
Scientia potentia est.
If a statement I made seems offensive to you, please be assured that this was not my intent.
If I am mistaken about something, please tell me about it. We improve through sharing knowledge.
<<

Lelira Cirim (Biomassed 2016.05.28)

Portrait

Post 2014.10.04 06:11

I really enjoyed the PL talk tonight (Taka should be posting it soon). It's nice hearing an upbeat perspective about a shift in the metagame that isn't drowning in tears. Maybe PL is unique in that regard compared to smaller alliances without the ability to stockpile, but it made me look forward to being a dread pilot in C5+Null instead of buying a dread pilot. ;)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Gallentean | For The Blood Empress| Wiki Team | E-Uni Events | WHC | LSC | Solitude
Do not actively tank my patience. When I'm not in EVE, I'm usually over here. #tweetfleet @CirimCollective
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Post 2014.11.19 10:45

So I just got around to testing gate cloak on sisi. You can't jump to a cyno from under gate cloak (you fail to jump because you are cloaked).

Any ideas on activities you can do that break gate cloak but don't prohibit you from clicking jump right away? Silly dropdown menus.
Scientia potentia est.
<<

Moxquito

Portrait

Post 2014.11.19 13:04

Wait it out?
Image Image
<<

I am Ozymandias

Portrait

Post 2014.11.19 13:17

Open up the right click menu, hover mouse over jump to xyz, hit ctrl + alt + space with your left hand wait a tiny bit until your speed starts going up and hit the jump to.

It's like when you press warp to with your orca with the mouse and hite the MWD almost at the same time to have it go asap.
Better example is cloakies (frigates, bombers, force recon and T3) you hit your cloak the on the keyboard almost instantly after warp to with the mouse.
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Post 2014.11.19 14:32

Yeah but you can keybind cloak/MWD. You can't keybind jump (it's a second layer submenu).

I'll test the accelerate keybind that sounds good.
Scientia potentia est.
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Post 2014.11.19 15:01

Got it.

1. Hotkey "accelerate". To be on the safe side, hotkey it to something that doesn't get grabbed by keyboard focus (function keys etc).
  2. Light the exit cyno in range of the target system.
  3. Broadcast the exit cyno (cyno toon -> fleet window options -> Broadcast: Jump Beacon). Make sure you have this broadcast set to visible.
  4. Jump through gate
  5. Right-click the broadcast in the fleet window. Hover over "jump to member".
  6. Hit your accelerate hotkey, then click "jump to member".
  7. Done. You jump before you become lockable.
Scientia potentia est.
<<

I am Ozymandias

Portrait

Post 2014.11.19 16:01

Can't you use the capacitor jump to menu instead of broadcasting stuff?
I Just assume it's one step less, especially a step you do on your alt?

I was trying to show that no matter what exactly you do, if you can do one action with a keybind and the other one with your mouse you can do them "simultaneously "

Return to Capital Ships