<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Director of Special Projects

Post 2014.09.02 17:36

Capital Ship skill plans - Force Auxiliary edition

Alright, I finally got around to it.

The below skill plans are guidelines for piloting the four races' Force Auxiliary ships, updated to the Citadel expansion.

For each ship, there will be four skill plans:

1. Minimum level: This is the "more ISK than sense" level. Below this level of skills, you shouldn't even consider taking your capital into combat. This level provides basic functionality, but is still very noticably inferior to a properly trained pilot's ship.
  2. Basic level: This is the baseline that most capital pilots should aim for at first. It provides a solid foundation of skills that increase your capital ship's effectiveness in combat, making it vastly superior to the Minimum level while still avoiding overly long skill trains. T2 triage it may not be, but it gets the job done. Mostly.
  3. Actually Good level: This is the level that capital ship pilots should aspire to. It includes skills that, while taking a fairly long time to train, will greatly augment your capital ship and presents a strong increase in performance over the Basic level. If you are looking to join a non-Uni entity with your capital ship, this is what you should have.
  4. Advanced level: The perfectionist's level. Skills in this plan will likely not provide a huge impact, and are typically long trains for a rather mediocre increase in combat effectiveness. If you're running out of things to train, this is for you.
All of these plans are incremental, meaning the Basic skill plan also contains all the skills included in the Minimum plan, etc.

A few obvious questions to answer right away:
SPOILER WARNING!
Q: Why even offer a Minimum level if you're going to say everyone should have Basic?
Because I know that, otherwise, someone somewhere will rip out the Basic plan's guts without knowing what they're doing because they want to fly a cap more quickly. Not saying it's a smart thing. The Minimum plan is there to ensure they can't actively endanger the fleet by doing so.

Q: But Titus, do I really need <skill X> to fly a FAX? I know it's in the Minimum plan, but...
Yes. If you think you have a point beyond "but muh 7 days of training", make it below.

Q: Cyno I at Minimum level?
A: Every pilot needs to have Cyno trained. No exceptions.

Q: No drone skills?
A: No. These are Triage skill plans. Drone skills are a great thing to have, though. Train them.

Q: Shield skills?
A: On a capital ship, 5% of your maximum shields is still a lot.

Q: Anchoring III?
A: Allows you to drop mobile cyno inhibitors, mobile scan inhibitors and some other handy gadgets. It's, what, 10 hours to train? Just do it.

Q: Resistance Phasing?
A: It's a requirement for the new capital Flex hardeners.

Apostle - Minimum
Apostle - Basic
Apostle - Actually Good
Apostle - Advanced

Ninazu - Minimum
Ninazu - Basic
Ninazu - Actually Good
Ninazu - Advanced

Minokawa - Minimum
Minokawa - Basic
Minokawa - Actually Good
Minokawa - Advanced

Lif - Minimum
Lif - Basic
Lif - Actually Good
Lif - Advanced

That is all. Questions, comments, constructive criticism and other stuff go below.
Last edited by Titus Tallang on 2014.10.04 15:25, edited 2 times in total.
Scientia potentia est.
If a statement I made seems offensive to you, please be assured that this was not my intent.
If I am mistaken about something, please tell me about it. We improve through sharing knowledge.
<<

helioswipe moondraft

Portrait

Events Manager
Events Manager

Post 2014.09.02 18:02

Re: Capital Ship skill plans - triage carrier edition

Titus Tallang wrote:Q: JDC3 carrier? What?
A: JDC3 carrier range is larger than JDC4 dread range. Yes, JDC4 dreads aren't optimal, and you'll get laughed out of the door anywhere that isn't the Uni. You work with what you have. Uni cap use is primarily in lowsec, meaning our midpoints can (and do) actually function for JDC4 dreads due to distances between regions being lower. So really, the "JDC3 carrier?" question boils down to the JDC4 dread question.

Was this meant for me? :D

Thanks for this though, i'm considering more and more for a capital alt.
ImageImage
<<

rsyada7

Portrait

Post 2014.09.02 18:45

Perfect timing Titus! I just got Cap Emission systems 1, so that's one less thing that makes me a scrub carrier pilot.
I do have a suggestion that we could maybe do some combat oriented Sisi triage Carrier training exercises so that we can practice reacting to various combat situations perhaps? I'm sure we wouldn't have to look too hard to find someone who wants to shoot us. The more we do as cap pilots, hopefully the more active this forum will be.
<<

Dan Egdald

Portrait

Post 2014.09.02 19:36

rsyada7 wrote:Perfect timing Titus! I just got Cap Emission systems 1, so that's one less thing that makes me a scrub carrier pilot.
I do have a suggestion that we could maybe do some combat oriented Sisi triage Carrier training exercises so that we can practice reacting to various combat situations perhaps? I'm sure we wouldn't have to look too hard to find someone who wants to shoot us. The more we do as cap pilots, hopefully the more active this forum will be.

I was just thinking about this the other day.
Something made clear in the last dragon slayer was the lack of experience, beyond watching rooks and kings videos :lol:

What better way than to have semi-regular capital training sessions on the test server! Perhaps every now and again, we could persuade a small fleet of unis to get a battleship on sisi and form up separate fleets and have mock battles.
<<

Mia Sedgwick

Portrait

Post 2014.09.03 10:16

To give you a general idea, if you plan on using a carrier in a C5 wormhole for capital escalation of sites you can do second carrier with T1 Triage, Capital Cap Emissions and the relevant remote and self rep skills to 3, if you plan on being primary carrier you really want to have them at 4's with an eye to T2 triage. Carrier skill to 3 minimum in all cases, 4 is obviously preferred especially for the extra tank bonus on the Chimera and Archon.
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Post 2014.10.04 15:08

• Archon skill plans updated for Phoebe changes. JDC4 will now be the absolute minimum for all caps. No exceptions.
  • Moved from .emp to .xml.
    • No functional change for you guys, but for me it means a ton less work adding to these plans (or creating new ones).
    • Previously I had to manually make the plans in EVEMon, and adjust all four (or more) of them every time I made a change.
    • Now, the plans look something like this for me. A lot nicer to work with!
  • Chimera skill plans added.
Scientia potentia est.
If a statement I made seems offensive to you, please be assured that this was not my intent.
If I am mistaken about something, please tell me about it. We improve through sharing knowledge.
<<

Zorena

Portrait

Post 2014.10.28 10:24

Could you explain the need for anchoring 3 on the advanced archon carrier plan?
<<

Kermit Pental

Portrait

Post 2014.10.28 10:33

Anchoring 3 lets you deploy mobile cyno inhibitors
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Mia Sedgwick

Portrait

Post 2014.10.28 10:47

Kermit Pental wrote:Anchoring 3 lets you deploy mobile cyno inhibitors

All PvP toons in Lazerhawks have been asked to train this for the above reason, it's an awesome ability to have and will save capitals.
<<

Zorena

Portrait

Post 2014.10.28 19:51

do you mostly mean that for null/lowsec or do you think cynoing in wspace actually happen?
<<

Kermit Pental

Portrait

Post 2014.10.28 19:57

Its for low or null sec. They are very useful to have if you are dropping a dread on some ratting carriers as part of a gank, or if you just want to prevent extra capitals being able to get on field as fast.

Getting anchoring to 3 is imo a must, as you don't want to be the guy that has the cyno inhib but can't deploy it ;) not that that's happened and I had to anchor it while logi... >.>
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Post 2014.10.28 21:21

For reference, actually jumping to a cyno in wspace is impossible. You can't jump to a cyno in the same system as yourself.

Cynos in wspace are generally used as bait, if at all, and preventing a target you're already on grid with from voluntarily locking themselves in position for 10 minutes will hardly ever be useful.
Scientia potentia est.
<<

Heteleon Rotineque

Portrait

Post 2015.05.24 01:16

I've spent a while using a prior archon skill train that I had and just plugged in your advanced and see that I'm pretty far along I think. Other than needing to spend around 45 days diverting skill to blops pilot I'll go for the advanced skill train.

Here's what I have left on the archon advanced train:
SPOILER WARNING!

with that being said I'm open to dropping an archon on the next roam pending a little bit of convo beforehand to let me know what to do
<<

Fae Toledo

Portrait

Post 2015.06.01 10:27

Thank you for great info. I hope I'll finish polishing skills this year and join Archon/Chimera "DaCapoalFine" crew.
| Mentor | EVE University Ex-Senior Personnel Officer | Graduate | "Big Brother" | "Rosetta Stone"

“We got together in a few days a company of the toughest old salts imaginable--not pretty to look at, but fellows, by their faces, of the most indomitable spirit.”
― Robert Louis Stevenson, Treasure Island
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Post 2016.05.08 10:20

Re: Capital Ship skill plans - Force Auxiliary edition

All plans updated to the Citadel expansion.
Scientia potentia est.
Next

Return to Capital Ships