Looking to buy a Capital? Heres a few Sellers...

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Kriegarman

Portrait

Post 2013.12.31 08:59

Looking to buy a Capital? Heres a few Sellers...

Post here if you know of any decent cap sellers.

Contact Aquadictus at Di-Tron Heavy Industries, he produces mainly Carriers, but can make other Capitals for you. Ex-UNI, very trustworthy.

http://www.capships.com - Good prices, if you're willing to wait.

You can also find fully fitted Capitals on Contracts, though these are usually more expensive than if you put up buy orders. The best way to buy Capitals and Modules for Capitals is to put up buy orders with your market PvP skills.

Declassification note 2015-05-28 wrote:Thread approved for declassification. ~TT
Last edited by Kriegarman on 2014.01.17 11:42, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Frood Frooster

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2014.01.01 13:37

Re: [EMPTY] Looking to buy a Capital? Heres a few Sellers...

Go Maila. Buy cap.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Post 2014.01.01 15:14

Re: [EMPTY] Looking to buy a Capital? Heres a few Sellers...

Maybe a list of things to remember:

Check contracts also - check across regions as caps can jump.

Check that station you are buying cap at is not a kickout (mubbe a chart of all station models that are good and bad).

How to light the cyno so that carrier is always in docking range.

Using self destruct and then lighting the cyno for extra stealth.

etc
<<

Kriegarman

Portrait

Post 2014.01.17 11:50

Re: Looking to buy a Capital? Heres a few Sellers...

Good point, When buying your Capitals, ensure you're not buying them in 0.0 or Sov Null. When you do buy them, don't go straight to them, as some people wait for others to buy Capitals, then gank them as they undock/attempt to jump.

Check your station where you bought your Capital. See what the docking range is like in another ship before risking undocking the Capital.

When lighting a cyno for your carrier to jump to, ensure you're within docking range in a 5km radius around your cyno. Also ensure you're not too close to the station that you bounce off when you jump in. Capitals have a lot of mass, and turn incredibly slowly. It's not uncommon to be bumped to do 1km/s when jumping to an incorrectly placed cyno. Try and jump to stations with large docking rings, like the Caldari/Gallente University style stations or the Gallente mining stations. There are a few easy (ish) stations for Minmatar like Republic Fleet, but keep in mind they have a fairly short kickout. Lighting the Cyno above the station is the best plan.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Vukae Dhoul

Portrait

Post 2014.01.17 11:58

Kriegarman wrote:When lighting a cyno for your carrier to jump to, ensure you're within docking range in a 5km radius around your cyno.

The trick (which you showed me ages ago, when the LSC was moving from Maseera to Dudreda) of using a Salvager I (which has a range of 5km) to evaluate cyno points is a good one.

Basically, fit a salvager I to your ship, put the tactical display on, and mouseover the salvager module. This projects a 5km radius sphere. If at your chosen location this doesn't intersect the station model, and your range to station still shows 0km, then you should have a safe cyno point.
<<

Mia Sedgwick

Portrait

Post 2014.01.18 20:03

Vukae Dhoul wrote:
Kriegarman wrote:When lighting a cyno for your carrier to jump to, ensure you're within docking range in a 5km radius around your cyno.

The trick (which you showed me ages ago, when the LSC was moving from Maseera to Dudreda) of using a Salvager I (which has a range of 5km) to evaluate cyno points is a good one.

Basically, fit a salvager I to your ship, put the tactical display on, and mouseover the salvager module. This projects a 5km radius sphere. If at your chosen location this doesn't intersect the station model, and your range to station still shows 0km, then you should have a safe cyno point.

Would it be useful to practice this sort of thing on Sisi, might be useful if someone needs to be an emergency cyno to have had some practice.
<<

Bairfhionn Isu

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2014.01.19 17:44

place your cyno in an easy station (huge docking ring, basically none of the Minmatar ones) and it is really easy. But yeah, you should train it on sisi.
"Yes. You're good at EVE." --Whisky

I WANT PONIES ON MY SPACESHIPS! :pinkiesmile:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
<<

Ruges

Portrait

Post 2014.02.22 01:08

Contacted Lady Patricia from capships.com and had a Chimera delivered to the LSC within hours.
<<

Frood Frooster

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2014.02.22 09:00

While I haven't checked the prices in detail, the project Solitude cap ships seem to be overpriced to me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

S'ti Ca'zz

Portrait

Post 2014.02.22 12:21

I got my Archon off acquadictus...in 2 weeks and a few days I had mine...at actual market lowest price including fuel
ex-MentorGraduateex-ILN Lieutenant
<<

Mia Sedgwick

Portrait

Post 2014.02.22 13:09

As a short term addition try contacting Artyum Zhvikov, he has one a number of carriers on Blink including a Chimera, Archon, two Thanatos and two Nidhoggur. In addition he is skilling towards the Moros so maybe adding him to the forum might be a good idea :)
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Post 2014.02.22 14:05

If you absolutely need to buy a cap in solitude contact Black Thorne Corporation - they are selling carriers/dreads at very competitive prices - matching capships.com. They'll deliver to a lowsec in solitude - with enough fuel to jump out. With decent jump skills you can easily get it into a more convenient location:

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/range/Thanatos,5/Sarline
<<

Dan Egdald

Portrait

Post 2014.07.26 23:59

Another +1 for http://www.capships.com/
Very professional service, and a good price.
Can't comment on the partner business that provides fittings etc, because I just went for the hull only deal.

Return to Capital Ships