[Pre-Citadel] Capital Ship fittings - carrier edition

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Kriegarman

Portrait

Post 2013.12.31 08:56

[Pre-Citadel] Capital Ship fittings - carrier edition

With the changes to Capital Ships in the Citadel expansion, all fits in this thread should be considered outdated. This thread serves as a historical document of a fitting meta long gone. Refer to this thread for fittings after the Citadel expansion.

Armor - Triage Archon:
  Code:
[Archon, E-UNI Triage]
Capital Inefficient Armor Repair Unit
Capacitor Power Relay II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Damage Control II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capital Inefficient Armor Repair Unit

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Capital Remote Armor Repairer I
Capital Remote Capacitor Transmitter I
Triage Module II

Capital Remote Repair Augmentor I
Capital Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Capital Auxiliary Nano Pump I

SPOILER WARNING!
Notes:
- The rigs displayed are specialized for triage use. You may wish to use Capacitor Control Circuit or Semiconductor Memory Cell rigs instead, especially if you cross-fit your carrier for other applications.
- Your fitting in a capital ship is fluid and should change as the on-field situation develops. Especially the low slots can be adjusted on the fly to suit the requirements (more/less recharge, more/less resists).
- Replace meta capital modules with T1 or vice versa to suit your budget. Upgrade modules to faction/deadspace as you consider appropriate.

Armor - Pantheon Archon:
  Code:
[Archon, E-UNI Pantheon]
Damage Control II
Energized EM Membrane II
Energized Thermic Membrane II
Energized Kinetic Membrane II
Energized Explosive Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Conjunctive Radar ECCM Scanning Array I
Conjunctive Radar ECCM Scanning Array I

Capital Coaxial Remote Armor Repairer

SPOILER WARNING!
Notes:
- The rigs displayed are specialized for Pantheon use. You may wish to use Capacitor Control Circuit or Semiconductor Memory Cell rigs instead, especially if you cross-fit your carrier for other applications.
- Your fitting in a capital ship is fluid and should change as the on-field situation develops. Especially the low slots can be adjusted on the fly to suit the requirements (more/less recharge, more/less resists).
- Replace meta capital modules with T1 or vice versa to suit your budget. Upgrade modules to faction/deadspace as you consider appropriate.
- Note that a pantheon core requires a certain critical mass (typically about 5-6 carriers) to be more effective than fitting for triage. Choose your fittings accordingly (and coordinate them with your fellow carriers).

Shield - Triage Chimera:
  Code:
[Chimera, E-UNI Triage]
Damage Control II
Imperial Navy Capacitor Power Relay

Capital Neutron Saturation Injector I
Dread Guristas Shield Boost Amplifier
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type EM Ward Field
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger

Capital Murky Remote Shield Booster
Triage Module II

Capital Capacitor Control Circuit I

SPOILER WARNING!
Notes:
- Your fitting in a capital ship is fluid and should change as the on-field situation develops. Especially the mid slots can be adjusted on the fly to suit the requirements (more/less recharge, more/less resists). Capacitor Flux Coils are an option for cap recharge boosts that don't reduce your tank.
- The Chimera is very hard to fit on CPU. Strongly consider investing in a Genolution implant set or, failing that, an EE-60x CPU implant. Consult your local fitting tool for details.
- Adjust bling as appropriate to your budget. Keep in mind that many T2 modules use more CPU than the respective deadspace/faction variants. Test all adjustments in your friendly neighborhood fitting tool before purchase.

Shield - Pantheon Chimera:
  Code:
[Chimera, E-UNI Pantheon]
Damage Control II

Pith X-Type EM Ward Field
Pith X-Type Thermic Dissipation Field
Conjunctive Gravimetric ECCM Scanning Array I

Capital Murky Remote Capacitor Transmitter
Capital Murky Remote Capacitor Transmitter

SPOILER WARNING!
Notes:
Notes:
- Your fitting in a capital ship is fluid and should change as the on-field situation develops. Especially the mid slots can be adjusted on the fly to suit the requirements (more/less recharge, more/less resists).
- Note that a pantheon core requires a certain critical mass (typically about 5-6 carriers) to be more effective than fitting for triage. Choose your fittings accordingly (and coordinate them with your fellow carriers).

Declassification note 2015-05-31 wrote:Thread approved for declassification. ~TT
Last edited by Titus Tallang on 2015.05.30 16:34, edited 3 times in total.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Kriegarman

Portrait

Post 2014.01.20 23:38

Re: Carrier Fittings

My fitting-fu isn't great, if anyone can provide better fits, by all means. These should be a good guide though.

Keep in mind you also need the spare modules to refit as mentioned in the other thread on Carrier Strategies. Please also remember Drones. The original post is long enough without having drones added too.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Mia Sedgwick

Portrait

Post 2014.01.21 01:20

Might be an idea to throw spoiler tags around each fit save the page sprawling out of control.
<<

Zun Far

Portrait

Post 2014.03.21 09:38

I would like to suggest this Chimera fit which finally convinced me that the Chimera is superior to the Archon. Requires CA-1 and CA-2 which can be fixed by using more meta capital mods but a Chimera pilot should have them anyways.
The fit scales well with more bling like better Invuls and T2 rigs.

[Chimera, medium]
Beta Reactor Control: Capacitor Power Relay I

Capital Neutron Saturation Injector I
Gistum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gistum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Triage Module II
Capital Remote Shield Booster I

<<

Bairfhionn Isu

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2014.03.23 10:38

superior in armor repping? :)

But nice fit.
"Yes. You're good at EVE." --Whisky

I WANT PONIES ON MY SPACESHIPS! :pinkiesmile:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
<<

Frood Frooster

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2014.03.23 14:47

How are the re-fit options on the Chimera for smallish gangs? The Archon you can switch between full cap and full resists. How would the Chimera look like and how would it affect the stats?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Archemorus Abyss

Portrait

BANNED
BANNED

Post 2014.03.23 18:22

So I threw some fits together in EVEHq with an all 5's character. The spoilers contain images of the fits/stats. Yell at me if the fits are bad.

Zun's Fit (stats based on only running self rep continuously)
Cap Stable with self rep running at 57.11%
6 Neuts from a geddon will not break the cap, 7 will.

SPOILER WARNING!

Resist Fit (active)
Cap lasts 4m 25s with self rep running constantly.
The below fit needs a 4% CPU. (the chimmie is pretty tight in fittings)
SPOILER WARNING!

Resist Fit (passive)
Cap lasts 4m 40s with self rep running constantly.
Fit needs 4% CPU.
SPOILER WARNING!

Unless im fitting wrong you do need to meta out some capital modules to fit the resist modules or atleast do a full fit of resists. I am no expert on capital tanking but I figure I would throw some numbers in there. The above fits are without drugs.

Standard Mindflood
Zun's Fit: 61.79% cap stable; 25.79% cap stable with 9 large neuts from geddons
Resist (active): 5m 15s cap with self rep
Resist (passive): 5m 35s cap with self rep

Pulsars will make it even more fun! Lets have some fun with a c5 pulsar. Assume standard mindflood also.
Zun's Fit: If the chimera is neuted by 4 geddons with the last one using 6 neuts the carrier is cap stable at 18.73% with its self rep runnning.
If you aren't being neuted, you can run your self rep and 2 meta0 remote reps constantly and still be 44.97% cap stable.
SPOILER WARNING!

Resist (active): The chimera has cap for over a hour with your self rep running constantly.
SPOILER WARNING!

Resist (passive): 31.87% cap stable with self rep running
SPOILER WARNING!

I forgot links. C5 Pulsar, Vulture Links (i think cap is the same so this is purely a super tank effect)
Zun's Fit:
SPOILER WARNING!

Resist (active):
SPOILER WARNING!

Resist (passive):
SPOILER WARNING!

Of course if you aren't facing neut pressure you can always pop a blue pill if you are taking heavy damage but I won't put those up.

Let me know if you want EFT links for these.

Debling where you want. The non-em deadspace modules are fairly cheap so it is fairly easy to get those.
<<

Zun Far

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 22:18

I would consider just offlining a remote rep if you need to go full resists.
<<

LeeLoo Shoe

Portrait

Post 2014.06.11 14:00

Do the fighter changes in Kronos affect much fitting wise?

Im so happy with my nid!! But suggest some more fits plz
<<

Archemorus Abyss

Portrait

BANNED
BANNED

Post 2014.06.11 15:42

LeeLoo Shoe wrote:Do the fighter changes in Kronos affect much fitting wise?

Im so happy with my nid!! But suggest some more fits plz

I would assume not. You fit DDA's and other sort of drone modules on ratting carriers and slowcat fleets and you wouldn't fit those modules on triage carriers. This is the same before and after the patch. I haven't had to use my fighters yet aside from some silly stuff that I did.
<<

Zun Far

Portrait

Post 2014.06.11 17:44

can't use drones in triage. we won't realistically use anything other than triage.
<<

Dan Egdald

Portrait

Post 2014.06.25 18:54

Zun Far wrote:can't use drones in triage. we won't realistically use anything other than triage.

So... Hypothetically... How many carrier pilots would we need to assemble a sort of 'pantheon' group?
I've noticed a fight or two I've been in where uni caps were involved that get dropped by more dreads than a triage tank can handle. Some quick eft warrioring (I can see your eyes rolling already) says that if you had 3 archons rr/et'ing each other you might surpass the tanking capabilities of a triage module. This would then scale well with increasing number of carriers.

From randomly watching a youtube video I noticed something interesting from Snuff Box. I take it it is their take on pantheon concept (I believe they call it zantheon). Some killboard trawling shows that most of snuff's carrier losses are triage fit, but every so often they lose one that looks like this:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/35410958/
or
https://zkillboard.com/kill/27924130/
So rather than have pantheon carriers essentially fit like a guardian, they have the rr bonused nids repping and the et bonused archons et'ing to keep them stable.
I dunno, maybe this is old news to you guys, but it got me excited :P
<<

Archemorus Abyss

Portrait

BANNED
BANNED

Post 2014.06.25 19:09

I personally wouldn't do pantheon/slowcat/mera with less then 4-5 carriers. It also depends on where you are, who you are against. In k-space people can escalate a lot harder and faster so your pantheon fleet will quickly turn to mush against a group of supers/dreads depending on what intel got out and who it got out too.

In w-space a group of 4-5 archons/chimeras will be extremely hard to kill, even harder if it is in your own home.

Lets say for the sake of the argument you have 5 chimeras using garde 2's with 10 drones each and 3 DDA's. Yes you will probably use archons but i had chimera's preset in pyfa and the damage bonus is only on the thanny. With 10 garde II's you get about 940 dps with 3 DDA's. That is a lot of dps but you are dedicating probably a 2bil hull to that and if you are running a pantheon you will have about 4-5 if you are doing minimum.

Lets say you do the spider fit for the archon above. You get about 600 dps with 10 garde II's. With 4 other spider archon's repping you, your tank is about 18815 HP/s. This is with damnation and sleipnir links. (every link in the game with mindlinks)

So in total you are looking at about 3000 dps total with the 5 archons, total rep to 1 archon is about 19000 HP/s, and you have about +1660 GJ/s cap coming in and 582 GJ/s going out if you are running every module. Full heat you get about 23000 HP/s

A triage with full links, the fit posted in the OP, tanks about 12700 HP/s. If you heat you get 16444 HP/s.

Yes a pantheon will tank more and give you some damage but it instantly paints a massive: "drop on my PL" effect on you. A single carrier might go unnoticed long enough in k-space to make it out alive before any counter drop might occur.

Hopefully im not spewing crap out that is wrong or contains bad information.

edit: that first lossmail is him probably trying to gtfo jump with full stabs or warp away.
<<

Dan Egdald

Portrait

Post 2014.06.25 19:27

Everything you said sounds accurate and sensible, certainly a small ish group of carriers would attract alot of attention.

Regarding the lossmail, yes, he was in the process or refitting stabs to get out (saw this work flawlessly in the video I mentioned, it was a thing of beauty; 5 or 6 carriers just refitting stabs and moonwalking out when the supers got dropped). But I think the 'functional' version of the fits look a bit more like:
SPOILER WARNING!

and
SPOILER WARNING!

As you can see, a much more potent repping unit than the standard spider fits. One of these nids would rep the archon fit for 23000ehp/s, or one of the nidhoggur fits for 18000ehp/s(16k hp/s if you have the sig amp instead of the second eanm (the reason that is there is because you can see one of the intel channels the pilot is using in the video and it says(paraphrasing) "nid pilots, replace your sig amp with an eanm if the dps is too high")).
2 et archons could sustain 3 nids.

I don't know how effective they would be as a dps unit, but they can all use a flight of fighters against dreads and what not.
With the resebos, i think they could also be a valid sub cap repper, as long as the subcaps featured stiff-ish tanks to give the nids time to lock (lock time on a BC with 3 resebos is ~4 seconds)
<<

Mia Sedgwick

Portrait

Post 2015.05.31 16:04

Re: Capital Ship fittings - carrier edition

Significant lack of Nidhoggurs in this thread which makes me sad.

Also the Triage Chimera fits are looking pretty dated, they were originally designed for w-space fights but nowadays you'd be expected to use A or B type Pith Invulns and either T2 CCC's or Semi's for Rigs. Also, Cap Power Relays, check out the 'Motte' Capacitor Power Relay I to save CPU and to reduce Shield Boost penalty.
Next

Return to Capital Ships