Jump Freighter Guide

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Nando Alaikan

Portrait

Post 2017.03.01 16:18

Jump Freighter Guide

I was looking through Reddit and actually found a useful piece of information for perspective jump freighter pilots.

Please see the link below:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_h3 ... Jt5ik/edit

I have no clue if we could turn this into a wiki page or how that would even work.

Nando
<<

Crazy Kitten

Portrait

Post 2017.03.02 19:54

Re: Jump Freighter Guide

thank you very much for this :)
<<

Nando Alaikan

Portrait

Post 2017.03.02 20:08

My pleasure.

I was so amazed to find a useful guide on Reddit, I figured it was a must share.

Still debating on how/when to train a pilot for JF's.
<<

Patch Chelien

Portrait

Post 2017.03.02 20:28

Nando Alaikan wrote:I was looking through Reddit and actually found a useful piece of information for perspective jump freighter pilots.

Please see the link below:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_h3 ... Jt5ik/edit

I have no clue if we could turn this into a wiki page or how that would even work.

Nando

It is worth noting that the guide says the Ark has the second most EHP, this may be correct with bulkheads, but you can just break 1mil EHP with High-Grade Slaves, an Inherent Implants 'Noble' Hull Upgrades HG-1008 , and three A-Type Adaptive Nano Platings. You really should need to have high EHP since if your Jump Freighter starts to get bumped/become in danger, you should GTFO with your emergency cyno, but still worth noting in my opinion.
A dog cannot make this journey alone... but maybe a wolf can...

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.

<<

Arc-Lucem-Ferre Motsu

Portrait

Post 2017.03.02 20:48

Nando Alaikan wrote:My pleasure.

I was so amazed to find a useful guide on Reddit, I figured it was a must share.

Still debating on how/when to train a pilot for JF's.

JFs are expensive, owning and using them are more expensive, and you'll need multiple accounts to use it. So, really just depends on what you're going to be using it for.

However, if you enjoy hauling (or think you will), and are willing to train into one, you can use your JF to make Isk hauling. Look into one of the established haulin corps in Eve, like Red Frog or PushX
<<

Valnac Rizes

Portrait

Post 2017.04.21 05:56

Great read. I was thinking of when to go for JF as in sooner vs later, so timely info as well. Thank you!
<<

Reise Amatin

Portrait

Post 2017.04.22 03:33

Nice find, Nando, thanks for posting.

Image ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image
<<

Palja Kurman

Portrait

Assistant Personnel Manager
Assistant Personnel Manager

Post 2017.04.22 06:00

Thanks for posting that.

My freighter pilot has just finished training for JFs. Now I just need to save up and buy one.
Assistant Personnel Manager / Reimbursement Officer / Mentor

ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Nando Alaikan

Portrait

Post 2017.04.24 18:34

I'm glad folks are finding value in the write up! Maybe one day I'll use it for myself...
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 12:03

Meanwhile...
<<

Nando Alaikan

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 18:51

Are we allowed to turn other peoples effort into a wiki page? I more or less assumed that wasn't allowed. But 'theft' can be a way of life in EvE, so.. maybe it is.
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2017.04.27 19:44

Post a link to the source, maybe contact the guy, start with an introduction to the effect that most of that content is lifted straight from (link). That way you're not stealing, you're giving proper attribution.

And those people who don't have the link to that guide, but who know about the Uni wiki, can benefit from it as well.
<<

Pehuen

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2017.04.29 02:44

<<

Noor Moussa

Portrait

Post 2017.04.29 13:53

Pehuen wrote:https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Hauling#Jump_Freighters

Jump Freighters
The Tech 2 versions of freighters, jump freighters, have a reduced cargo capacity but are capable of using cynosural fields to jump long distances. They are also able to use stargates like normal ships. (Since cynosural fields cannot be lit in highsec, jump freighters travelling in highsec have to use stargates.) This makes them ideal supply ships for people who live in nullsec.

Jump Freighters are used to carry cargo from the high/low sec border to wherever it is needed in null sec and back again. Caldari freighters are the largest, closely followed by Gallente, then Amarr and lastly Minmatar, which is partially compensated for by lower fuel use. The difference is not large though.

Jump freighters have much larger potential tanks than Tech 1 freighters when properly fit, but at the cost of a much reduced cargo bay. All jump freighters can exceed 500,000 EHP in tank, which makes ganking them in highsec extraordinarily difficult and expensive.

This doesn't exactly cover what the guide linked covers.
<<

Pehuen

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2017.04.29 20:48

Noor Moussa wrote:This doesn't exactly cover what the guide linked covers.
But it's a place to put the link with out re-writing the guide into a wiki.
Next

Return to Capital Ships