Wiki Update

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Matt Mustang

Portrait

Post 2015.07.20 01:11

Wiki Update

Since we currently lack a focus again I've found myself with a bit of free-time I decided to go ahead and update the wiki a little bit. Mostly minor stuff here and there to make it easier to read and include any changes that have occurred recently. This forum post is to help keep track of just what changes have been made and to get feedback from the community on the changes.
Last edited by Matt Mustang on 2015.07.20 01:18, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Matt Mustang

Portrait

Re: Wiki Update

Current Page: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/How_to_find_Incursions
Last Updated: 09.06.16

Changes: Update the images to reflect the newer journal and how to select incursions on the new map. Added the minimum criteria for a constellation to be Incursion eligible. Added the plus sides of being close to a trade hub but warned that fleet safety was more important. Biggest change was adding a Recommended Recon mail format that you only have to copy+paste into a new mail and it takes care of all the major text. Under Moving between Incursions added a 2nd warning against traveling under wardec to really emphasize how stupid it is. I also linked Cass' Travel fit page, I really think that should become an official part of the Incrusions wiki sooner or later.
Last edited by Matt Mustang on 2016.06.09 17:29, edited 5 times in total.

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Matt Mustang

Portrait

Finished Pages:
Matt Mustang wrote:http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Incursions

Minor updates to the Effects of Incursions Section mostly under the three subsections made it a bit clearer that Incursion rats are dangerous and not just a minor nuisance like normal rats. Also included links to other sections of the uni forum just for better overall integration will eventually add links from those pages to Incursions probably just a short blurb about Incursions affecting those activities.

Extended the EVE University Incursion Community section mentioned Cass and his team, recommend we get a page on Cass similar to Azmo's http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Azmodeus_Valar just a short little blurb about Cass maybe do it for his whole team if time permits but not really necessary.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=206859&find=unread Also seems to be permanently locked down recommend/will (eventually) make a new wiki page for us with a list of the major Incursion communities and how to join them.

Taken from http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=242&t=91017

Matt Mustang wrote:Current Page: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Anatomy_of_Incursions
Last Updated: 19.07.15

Changes: Mostly minor changed wording here and there to make it more straightforward. Added minor notes about how in HQs and AS how DPS is divided into Snipers and Brawlers will eventually add/update pages for each of those positions. Updated the Remote Shield Boost Capabilities section to include 4 x Heavy Shield Maintenance Bots T1&2 since vindicators in fleet usually only have 4. Added a warning to the off-grid booster section about potential changes coming, will update the section once we get more information. Added a few links to non-Incursion wiki pages mostly Overheating and Combat boosters where needed. Changed wording to make it slightly clearer, general clean-up.
Last edited by Matt Mustang on 2016.06.09 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2015.07.20 09:26

Thanks Matt, I did some minor adjustments but overall excellent additions :)
<<

Barrogh Habalu

Portrait

Post 2015.07.22 09:42

*In a cracked grumpy voice*
...back in my days we didn't have all these guides and manuals and stuff! We often joined fleets without even knowing what rats are what, hoping that FC got everything right.

*ahem* Sorry.
After about what, 2 years away from this incursion community it's amazing how much wiki data on incursions have improved. It's like going from relying on hearsay and orders to actually having almost every piece of info to make informed decisions. Good job indeed!

I mean, we had all kind of fittings and general idea what to do, but today there's so much more on wiki.

...granted, back then I was too stupid to use databases like chruker, but definitely having everything compiled into comprehensive guides is really nice. I imagine, even moreso for people new to certain activity (making general statement here because same can be said about some WH-related pages, for example, but that would be off-topic).

P.S. That said, why do we have large blaster icon for Sansha turrets that explicitly says "lasers" on it? :P
<<

VV Mnc

Portrait

Post 2015.07.22 10:14

Barrogh Habalu wrote:why do we have large blaster icon for Sansha turrets that explicitly says "lasers" on it? :P

Asking the important questions. ^
-
Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2015.07.22 11:08

VV Mnc wrote:
Barrogh Habalu wrote:why do we have large blaster icon for Sansha turrets that explicitly says "lasers" on it? :P

Asking the important questions. ^
It's a good one, here's the answer:

At the time they were the same icons for turrets and missiles in the fitting window.

Edit: It now has the new fitting screen icons that are more generic icons not directly related to a specific type of turret or missile:)

<<

Matt Mustang

Portrait

Post 2015.08.14 04:14

|-
| {{icon|alliance|24|Player owned}} [http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Region/Constellation#sec Constellation]
| Staging
| Vanguards
| Assaults
| Headquarters
|-

Ok folks I'm going to ask for a bit of help here I know some of y'all run null/low sec incursions from time to time if you have any info on the constellation layouts of these null/low sec incursions send them to me or use the guide above to add them yourself. The stuff in green needs to be replaced with the information you have on a constellation it can be obtained using the journal. The stuff in blue is optional and requires you to physically visit an incursion it can be removed if you don't have info.
http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Constellation_layouts_for_Incursions

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2015.08.14 06:16

Be aware of the update "bug" for the incursion information sidepanel ingame. Whenever you jump into a system, toggle it off then on again to ensure that it updates properly. Sometimes it doesn't, and it's near impossible to spot it when it does (unless you're jumping from one headquarter system into another, which is impossible since there can only be one).

And any aid in filling up the low and null would be very welcome as Matt pointed out. Me and Sagekur started off with a bang scouting low and even the odd null when we made that page, but then we kinda forgot or got busy, or both.
<<

Matt Mustang

Portrait

Post 2015.08.24 02:29

I notice on the wiki page "It has been suggested that this article [Introduction to Incursions] be merged with Incursions 101. (Discuss)" Does anyone have any thoughts on the topic.

Personally I think the classes should be two separate classes for Incursions:
1. This is how VG sites work, how the UNI runs incursions, basic skills, and other VG communities.
2. This is how AS/HQ sites work, major communities, common fits (shield v. armor communities), major HQ communities (TDF, ILN, ruskies, TVP, WTM, etc.)

The reason I think the classes should be separate is there really is too much information to teach in Introduction to Incursions to be taught in an hour; with Q&A it normally takes about 1.5-2hrs. While this might not be a problem on the weekend it is certainly pushing the maximum amount of time most people are willing to spend on a weeknight in a class. I know right now the two classes sort of cover the same material so we need to either find a nice division between the classes and create 2 different 1 hour session classes that covers everything about incursions without too much overlap or create one longer class to cover everything. For instance cover broadcasting, lore, constellation penalties, etc. in both but not VG sites in the AS/HQ class. Then when you can run the classes back-to-back you just skip over the repeat material and move on.

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Alaik

Portrait

Post 2015.08.24 05:38

Matt Mustang wrote:I notice on the wiki page "It has been suggested that this article [Introduction to Incursions] be merged with Incursions 101. (Discuss)" Does anyone have any thoughts on the topic.

1. This is how VG sites work, how the UNI runs incursions, basic skills, and other VG communities.
2. This is how AS/HQ sites work, major communities, common fits (shield v. armor communities), major HQ communities (TDF, ILN, ruskies, TVP, WTM, etc.)

With a 1 hour limit, it might fit better to have leave "Intro To Incursions" as the general information source, and then develop "Incursions 101" into "UNI Incursions 101" giving info on how we do our vanguards and the precautions we take with pickets and extractions from WT activity.

You could add a 102 class with giving an overview of the other communities, as they are run quite differently from our fleets, but that's possibly unecessary as there's a lot of info available from just chatting in the channel.

I think UNI AS/HQ fleets are rare enough that a short intro or a Q&A session before the start, like you did yesterday before the fleet, would save unnecessary time being used in the 101 class. You could argue that the ooc characters could have an introduction prior to joining one of the HQ communities, but if they find out you're actually new and not trolling, even TVP take pretty good care of you.
<<

Matt Mustang

Portrait

Post 2015.08.24 17:18

Speaking of AS sites i need to run some they're the one level of Incursions I'm not familiar with. Well that and scout sites but no one cares about them.

ImageImageImageImage
<<

helioswipe moondraft

Portrait

Events Manager
Events Manager

Post 2015.08.25 16:06

You don't want to do scout sites :D. As for assault sites, i'm always willing to help (if I have the time).
ImageImage
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2015.09.01 17:42

Fitting principles#Upgrade_priorities added and the module and implant part was moved into that new section along with a recommendation to upgrade your hull first, before spending ISK on fancy modules.
<<

Telinchei

Portrait

Post 2015.09.03 09:46

Alaik wrote:
Matt Mustang wrote:I notice on the wiki page "It has been suggested that this article [Introduction to Incursions] be merged with Incursions 101. (Discuss)" Does anyone have any thoughts on the topic.

With a 1 hour limit, it might fit better to have leave "Intro To Incursions" as the general information source, and then develop "Incursions 101" into "UNI Incursions 101" giving info on how we do our vanguards and the precautions we take with pickets and extractions from WT activity.

I think at current it's the other way around, Intro to Incursions is almost an "incursion community welcome", whereas the 101 represents the mechanical stuff and touches on the external communities. But you're right, it is easily separated, and much more convienient to teach each separately, either way it actually happens.
Next

Return to Incursions