Wiki Update

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

VV Mnc

Portrait

Post 2015.09.03 11:47

Re: Wiki Update

The name "Incursions 101" makes me think of general mechanics and non-community-specific stuff.
-
Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2015.09.03 12:08

VV Mnc wrote:The name "Incursions 101" makes me think of general mechanics and non-community-specific stuff.
I think that was the initial intent.

"Intro to Incursions" functioning as an intro to our community, specifically what we do.
"Incursions 101" as a class about incursions in general.

Personally I think it could be taken one step further and make the intro shorter, 15-20 minutes to wet people's appetite, and run it a lot more often. But that's something for another thread perhaps, as this has to do with how we could improve our visibility and classes/intros to reel in new players.
<<

VV Mnc

Portrait

Post 2015.09.03 12:18

I agree with a short course, to whet peoples appetite and increase visibility. That's a good idea. :)
-
Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2015.09.03 12:33

You're obviously doing it wrong, it's all about the enunciation!
<<

Matt Mustang

Portrait

Post 2015.12.03 15:39

Cassiel Seraphim wrote:The Vanguard-patch came with several changes to starter skills, so I rewrote the minimum skills and changed the presentation to better highlight the natural skill progression from minimum to recommended skills.

Please see Preparing for Incursions and point out any typos or mistakes I've made :)

An update Cass completed due to changes in starter skills with the Vanguard Patch.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Zuri Bataul

Portrait

Post 2016.06.01 13:53

Hello All,

I noticed that some of the links on the User:Silvonus/Ribbons page of the wiki (http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/User:Silvonus/Ribbons) are pointing to the old EVElopedia site which was taken down in February.

I found these links to be dead so far:

Ribbon-Epic Amarr.png Right to Rule - Complete the Amarr Epic Arc.

Ribbon-Epic Caldari.png Penumbra - Complete the Caldari Epic Arc.

Ribbon-Epic Gallente.png Syndication - Complete the Gallente Epic Arc.

Ribbon-Epic Minmatar.png Wildfire - Complete the Minmatar Epic Arc.

Ribbon-Seyllin.png Shattered - Visit 7 shattered planets.

Ribbon-Poitot.png Postcard - Visit Poitot and ask someone else in local if they knew that Poitot is the only named system in the Syndicate region?

Ribbon-EVEGate.png Pilgrim - Visit the EVE Gate.

Ribbon-ForGood.png Humanitarian - Contribute to the PLEX for Good program.

Is this something that I am able to correct myself?

Z
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
<<

Silvonus

Portrait

Post 2016.06.01 22:40

Zuri Bataul wrote:I noticed that some of the links on the User:Silvonus/Ribbons page of the wiki (http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/User:Silvonus/Ribbons) are pointing to the old EVElopedia site which was taken down in February.
Is this something that I am able to correct myself?

Yes! Please feel free to update them. I don't know what the best place to point them to is. I see some have Uni Wiki pages added (such as the epic arcs), but others have not. Fuzzworks might be the best for now.
<<

Matt Mustang

Portrait

Post 2016.06.08 20:59

There may be some other things like this hidden around the wiki as some things did link to EVE wiki. Luckily it shouldn't be too much as the UNI wiki has been, for a while now, the go to for EVE info.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Logan Zauber

Portrait

Post 2016.12.31 16:20

I made some minor changes to the FC Cribsheet http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/FC_VG_Cribsheet which included:

(Does everyone have sufficient ammo? Correct scripts in modules?
A few of us scrubs have flown without scripts in the sensor booster, and I recently had the wrong script installed.

(Hardeners and mods on.) Safeties set to green.
the safety thing

(Logis, need your “L”), boosts applied
It's the crib sheet, so you know the boosts were applied in warp to the gate or are re-applied before getting shot up too much.

I feel like last night I did my first "real" run as FC because I had newbros and launched the fleet from dock with an unusual composition. The crib sheet is very much on my mind!
<<

Logan Zauber

Portrait

Post 2017.06.30 17:13

VG FC Cribsheet

Every time I launch a fleet, I read off the INITIAL PREP checklist from http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/FC_VG_Cri ... itial_Prep

This idea of "the checklist" is something every RL pilot follows religiously. It's so cheap and easy to do and catches so many errors before they are critical.

4. Does everyone have sufficient ammo? Correct scripts in modules? Cap-chain users (Nightmare/Basilisk): Verify Cap-Buddy is not in your corporation.

A few nights ago we had two Uni Cap buddies. Again. I was grateful Grune announced he had to go yellow-safety to repair; I went yellow immediately, too.

With all the screen clutter, I was missing the little error message that was telling me why reps were not applying.

Since we were very late in applying reps, someone dipped below shields briefly. Or.. cap buddy was applying DPS.. or.. who knows. Logi did not need to initiate a "code brown" drill, but my hands were shaking.

Main Lesson: We must constantly remind cap-chain users not to allow friendly fire accidents.
Secondary Lesson: Our ships are tough... don't freak out as logi if we touch armor. There's still margin.

Special thanks to Solaris for clear communications and Nota Witch for being one of those FC's that remains calm under pressure.

It's the Uni. Everyone learned a lot in that fleet, and as no one died, it was exciting, interesting and fun. In a sick sorta way. Let's not do it again.

Remidy: The checklist now has "Check your cap-buddy" status explicitly on it.

Logan
<<

Logan Zauber

Portrait

Post 2017.10.05 17:27

More work on the FC Cribsheet-

biggest change- newbro speech cuts out stuff regarding the logi disconnect drill. Now it's "Be set up like this, and do this. That'll keep you busy"

Logi Disconnect was updated a bit, mostly with "Don't shoot the LOGI!" because it's easy to do. We could use a section for ships with utility high reppers.

Emergency Warp Out- basically a mess but I added some important stuff like "Drones are cheap" , "Time is your friend, first- do no harm" and "Maybe sometimes fighting out the site with solo logi is safest." I'm not sure on that, but this depends so much on fleet comp and next wave.
Previous

Return to Incursions