Slack for our Incursion Community

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

I am Ozymandias

Portrait

Post 2014.11.01 21:54

Slack for our Incursion Community

The incursion community now has its very own slack team!
Slack is a service which lets you get pings and has chatrooms to talk in. This will allow us to ping for fleets and chat while we are not in game.

Joining the EUNI Incursion Slack:
To join all you need to do is sending Cassiel Seraphim an Eve Mail with your game related email address from you EUNI affiliated character.

Setting up Slack:
Once invited, the e-mail will prompt you to this location. Enter a new password and sign-up like you would to any other website. (Your username should be your eve character name.)

You will be dumped into the #inc-general channel. Say hi to everybody! Shortly after, Slackbot will ask you for some information. Set your real name to your EVE character name. Update your avatar by dowloading your portrait from eve gate. Click on your portrait, download the image and upload it to Slack through your profile page that's accessible from the bottom left corner.

I highly recommend to not enter skype, phone numbers or any other RL related information. You can set your "title" to whatever you want, information like what roles you fill in incursion fleets may be useful.

Once this process is complete message Slackbot with the following: "Incursion Setup" for general setup first and "Incursion Mobile" for mobile apps. For accessibility the instructions are also linked here;

Welcome to EUNI Incursion Slack!
To receive pings you must set up your notifications. First, open your preferences (lower left corner, click on your portrait) and select "Desktop Notifications: Only for Highlight Words and direct messages". If you use Internet Explorer you can't use this feature. Pick a sound that you like you at the bottom.
Then, simply go the #pingfleetforming channel (you'll see it in the left-hand bar), click the arrow at the top and select "Channel notification preferences...". Select: "Show desktop notifications for messages in #pingfleetforming: For all activity" and "Send mobile push notifications for messages in #pingfleetforming: For all activity (default)" if you want to receive mobile notifications. Repeat the process for any other channels you wish to subscribe to.

Start by getting one of the apps here: https://euniincursions.slack.com/apps
Once that's done, you'll need to configure your mobile app to not ping every time somebody says something. Go to your notification page here: https://euniincursions.slack.com/account/notifications Scroll down to the "Mobile Push Notifications" area and select "Send me push notifications for: Only Direct Messages & Highlight Words". After, scroll down again to "Channel Specific Settings". Add #pingfleetforming (and any other channels you wish to follow) as a channel and select "Everything" for both platforms. Configure the "Mobile Push Timing" setting to your liking.

To keep Slack open you can either use Chrome as described by Slack or if you are using Firefox you can pin the Slack tab.
There is even a dedicated app now which I recommend using.

I hope that this out of game service will allow people to be more connected and informed about fleet status. Making the community more close knit and familiar.

Thank you Enta for letting me copy this
Last edited by I am Ozymandias on 2015.11.12 09:18, edited 4 times in total.
<<

Azmodeus Valar

Portrait

Director of Finance
Director of Finance

Post 2014.11.01 22:01

Re: Slack for our Incursion Community

Glad it's getting put to good use. It had sat unused since I created it a few months ago.
Former:
<<

Poofis Naari

Portrait

Post 2014.11.01 22:17

Extremely reliable way to find out if a fleet is running.

It does allow you to see previous messages even if you were not around at the time. The highlighted words allow it to be customized so it does not ping every time someone says something.
<<

BobbyRush

Portrait

Post 2014.11.02 11:25

I am excite.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

<<

Grygr Anzomi

Portrait

Post 2014.11.02 22:30

Great another one :| :P
ALL IS WELL IN THE END, IF ALL'S NOT WELL ITS NOT THE END

Former NSC Manager| Teacher | Uni Nomad | Chill-Towner | Penguin
<<

Tamino Giardina

Portrait

Post 2014.11.03 16:17

No Windows Phone app, some sites still neglects it, even if it's used by a large number of people, well, I will have to improvise...
EDIT: just found that they are a startup and they are developing a Windows Phone app, that's great!!
<<

Yuki Tsuruomo

Portrait

Post 2014.11.03 16:51

Yay, one less reason to log into Eve \o/

Btw, it's really interesting to see by how much this is growing :)
Incursionista | Teacher| Mentor

Do you feel lost in Eve? Are you looking for some guidance? Check out the Mentor Program!
Do you have a good knowledge of the game and want to pass it on to new players? Check out the Mentor Program!
<<

Kataki Soikutsu

Portrait

Post 2014.11.09 21:45

I think this has been something the Incursion community has needed a for awhile. It is a good complement to scheduling fleets through EVE mail so we can do more pickup fleets, or have the pickup fleets upgrade sizes more often. Thank you for setting this up. Hopefully we can get a critical mass on to make this work well.

Image Image
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Director of Education
Director of Education

Post 2014.11.16 15:55

Setting up pings properly in three easy links: 1, 2, 3.

PS: The mobile app will only ping you if you're not also logged in from desktop.
Scientia potentia est.
If a statement I made seems offensive to you, please be assured that this was not my intent.
If I am mistaken about something, please tell me about it. We improve through sharing knowledge.
<<

Wroxton Vee

Portrait

Post 2014.11.25 12:55

Oh if you guys want some slack programming done to get some bot commands running, pm Titus. He's awesome at it, and can even program eigenvalues and eigenvectors of matrices in slack.........................
ImageImageImage

WHC SRP Officer
<<

Moxquito

Portrait

Post 2014.11.25 14:00

Titus, can you program slack so it moves my ships safely though Uedama?
Image Image
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Director of Education
Director of Education

Post 2014.11.25 19:37

Wroxton Vee wrote:Oh if you guys want some slack programming done to get some bot commands running, pm Titus. He's awesome at it, and can even program eigenvalues and eigenvectors of matrices in slack.........................

You did realize that all those bots already run on the incursion slack.

Right?
Scientia potentia est.
If a statement I made seems offensive to you, please be assured that this was not my intent.
If I am mistaken about something, please tell me about it. We improve through sharing knowledge.
<<

Ynci De'Sinaar

Portrait

Post 2014.12.23 19:48

OK - that's a pretty cool tool!
With no power comes no responsibility
<<

Hespire Malneant

Portrait

Post 2015.04.06 13:46

I put in a request a few days ago and never got the invite. Is there somebody I should pester about this?
<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2015.04.24 08:13

Bump - this should be sticky!
Next

Return to Incursions