New Incursion Runner Resources

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Phantom Voidwalker

Portrait

Post 2014.07.11 02:03

Re: New Incursion Runner Resources

hi all! I've joined Eve 2 months ago (and E-Uni ~1 month ago), and I'm about a month away from having the skills to fly an incursion-fit hyperion. May I ask which timezone is the incursion community based around? (I currently live in the GMT+8 zone, so e.g. if incursion fleets happen on fri / sat night US time, I'll be able to join on sat / sun mornings :D)
<<

Leevi Serafin

Portrait

Post 2014.07.11 04:41

Ideally we run both EU and US time zone, but lately USTZ hasn't been that strong. The fix is obvious: poke all your friends to come fly as well ;)
<<

Matt Mustang

Portrait

Post 2014.07.15 02:01

I know there have been a lot of changes with the Kronos patch and it looks like the wiki has been updated to reflect that and all the skills and fits are still accurate, correct?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Leevi Serafin

Portrait

Post 2014.07.15 04:40

Matt Mustang wrote:I know there have been a lot of changes with the Kronos patch and it looks like the wiki has been updated to reflect that and all the skills and fits are still accurate, correct?

To my best knowledge, they are. The fits for sure, the skill-reqs are a bit off in the drone department but the important parts are still there.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2014.07.15 06:31

Leevi Serafin wrote:... the skill-reqs are a bit off in the drone department but the important parts are still there.
Please elaborate.
<<

Leevi Serafin

Portrait

Post 2014.07.15 07:03

Cassiel Seraphim wrote:
Leevi Serafin wrote:... the skill-reqs are a bit off in the drone department but the important parts are still there.
Please elaborate.

"To the best of my knowledge" entailed me glancing over and not seeing the medium drone skill. That skill is nice for Assault and HQs, but for VGs not relevant at all. I'd recommend training Drone Avionics to 5 asap though, it'll save a lot of headaches for the dronebunny.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2014.07.15 09:18

Leevi Serafin wrote:I'd recommend training Drone Avionics to 5 asap though, it'll save a lot of headaches for the dronebunny.
Currently they got 35km range, which means they can be used on anything but the Mara. Most ships spend less than a few seconds in the 35-45km range.

You kinda need Advanced Drone Avionics III at least to make much of a practical difference (especially for Ostingeles etc in Assaults). This would then add 5 days and 19 hours to the current training queue. Certainly a worthwhile train, but not critical to start running.

At least that was my reasoning for Avionics :)
<<

Lafiel Paryunu Abriel

Portrait

Post 2014.08.10 04:58

^_^

I can't believe I read everything from page 1 to 6, I would like to give incursions a try, cause doing missions is starting to get boring for me, problem is im really new with incursions, so im reading up as much as possible, I hope this will help me in the long run :?

I can still join eve uni incursions right? I quit eve uni before because the war is taking its toll on my isk making thru missions.

I miss High Sec
<<

helioswipe moondraft

Portrait

Events Manager
Events Manager

Post 2014.08.10 08:23

If you have read through everything on the wiki once, that's enough to start. We don't demand the new players to know everything before they start running. Having a grasp on the basics like broadcasting aligning down the gate is a good start. The rest you will learn by joining us. We're here to learn, not to make the most isk as possible. Also most of us do this for fun :D .

If you were in the uni you can join yes, it's for uni, alumni and alts.
ImageImage
<<

Leevi Serafin

Portrait

Post 2014.08.11 03:24

Re: ^_^

Lafiel Paryunu Abriel wrote:I can't believe I read everything from page 1 to 6

We love people who actually read stuff. I love you already, please come fly with us ;)
<<

Poofis Naari

Portrait

Post 2014.08.11 04:18

Re: ^_^

Lafiel Paryunu Abriel wrote:I can't believe I read everything from page 1 to 6, I would like to give incursions a try, cause doing missions is starting to get boring for me, problem is im really new with incursions, so im reading up as much as possible, I hope this will help me in the long run :?

I can still join eve uni incursions right? I quit eve uni before because the war is taking its toll on my isk making thru missions.

I ended up dropping uni because i wanted to be able to move freely between each focus. This is the safe thing to do if you do not have an alt that can move while you are enrolled in the uni or do not want to ask other people constantly to move your items from focus to focus
<<

Gideon Highmourn

Portrait

Post 2014.12.16 05:32

Incursions is a new feature of EVE since I last played. Coming from a raiding/leading background in many MMOs, it definitely sparked my interest. I had no idea something like this existed in EVE until someone was talking about it in the LSC Channel of Mumble. I am incredibly interested in learning more about Incursions. I've watched a number of videos (some from E-Uni), read the wiki, and dont some out-of-uni research. I have a skill plan set up on an alt, that would allow me to fly the Rohk suggested fit in about 2-weeks or so.

I really hope I get to participate at some point, and would really like to observe/participate!
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2014.12.16 08:17

In the meantime (while you're training for being ongrid) you can always come scout/hack or picket for us. Hacking can be done with minimum skills, scouting and picketing has no skill requirement at all and can be done in a rookie ship if need be.
<<

Gideon Highmourn

Portrait

Post 2014.12.17 01:53

Cassiel Seraphim wrote:In the meantime (while you're training for being ongrid) you can always come scout/hack or picket for us. Hacking can be done with minimum skills, scouting and picketing has no skill requirement at all and can be done in a rookie ship if need be.

Very interested in the picketing! I'm gonna do some research on hacking, it's also a new concept to me from last I played, lol! Is there someone I should speak to in-game to picket?
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2014.12.17 02:00

Fleets are announced while forming or running in the incursions.e-uni channel (or pre-schedule fleets in the mailing list or pinged on slack) ... just let them know if you're available.
PreviousNext

Return to Incursions