Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Kataki Soikutsu

Portrait

Post 2012.12.15 23:49

New Incursion Runner Resources

What is an Incursion?
Incursions are group PvE content. They require specialized roles and relativley high skilled ships. It is about 60 days of training from a new character. Though almost all skills needed are basic ship sport skills that most characters train anyway. Because of the higher requirements Incursions pay well. Plus there is a big social aspect as a fleet is required, unlike missions. The EVE University Wiki has a number excellent articles on Incursions if you would like more details about them.

How can I participate?
The first step is to join our in game chat channel, Incursions.E-UNI, and mailing list, Incursions.E-UNI.

Next you need to assemble a ship to fly with us. The on grid roles are usually done with Battleships and Tech 2 Logistics ships, with an occasional Strategic Cruiser or Command Ship. Incursions require high skill ships because they are end game content and anything less is a danger to one's self and your fleet. Interested pilots who cannot fly these ships yet can still join us in support roles. We always need Scout/Hackers and Pickets. These roles do not require high levels of skills and get you into a fleet to get a feel for how we run.

Interested pilots should also read over the following pages to prepare for Incursions:

In addition EVE University runs Incursion 101 classes which are great sources of information. Please watch the Scheduled Classes Forum for when this class will be taught next.

Other Information:
The UNI Incursion Community also runs in Solitude when an Incursion spawns there. Please see this thread for details on how to participate in those events.

Pilots interested in training alts to fill other Incursion roles should check out the following forum threads:
  • 30 day Orca Alt - Designed to be dual account trained with one PLEX. This alt will be able to fly an Orca with a solid tank. In addition this all will be able to ferry a pirate BS of your choice between Incursions. Really a must for Unistas at war.
  • Off Grid Booster - A 2nd account plan for an Incursion Off Grid Booster (OGB). Takes about 170 days to train into a Command Ship OGB. Provides a usable 5-link BC OGB in about 120 days. Can be used to expand the Orca plan above.

To show your support for the UNI Incursion Community, please add the following code to your forum signature:
  Code:
[mouseover="Eve University Incursion Runner"][url=http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Incursions][img]http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/w/images/8/8d/Incursionlogosmall.png[/img][/url][/mouseover]

FAQ:
Why are there no T1 Amarr hulls on the Wiki?
Unfortunately, none of the T1 Amarr BSs can be shield tanked for Incursions. We require 70% resists, 10k base shield HP, 10 minutes of cap, a Sensor Booster, and a Federation Navy Stasis Webbifier for all battleships. A combination of low base shield HP, a weak capacitor, and only 4 mid slots means the T1 Amarr hulls cannot meet this minimum without severely gimping their damage capabilities.

For Amarr pilots, we recommend that you start in a Rokh. This is because the end game ship most Amarr pilots use is the Nightmare, which requires both Caldari and Amarr Battleship skills to fly. If a pilot gets Caldari Battleship IV and Large Hybrid Turret IV in the Rokh, only about 5 days of training are "wasted" when the pilot shifts to a Nightmare. While there are Navy Amarr ships on the wiki, we advise against them. They are quite pricy and frankly not as good or flexible as any of the T1 options on the wiki. It is better to save the ISK for an upgrade to a Nightmare in the future. The other option is to bring a Legion, but this requires a longer skill train than the Rokh, so is not the suggested path.

Why are there no Missile hulls on the Wiki?
Missiles and Guns work fundamentally differently in EVE. The best way to understand the relevant difference is to imagine you are in a Battleship with large weapons. If you and your target are stationary, then guns will deal full damage no matter the size of the target. While the damage a missile does depends on the ratio of the target's signature to the explosion radius of the missile. Hence a big gun can deal a lot of damage to a small target, but a big missile cannot. In Vanguard Incursion sites, most of the NPCs are frigates. As we bring a lot of webs, they are moving close enough to stopped to deal full damage with guns. But Torpeadoes and Cruise Missiles would maybe deal 1/3 to 1/2 of their damage, if you have really good skills and have the spare mid slots for target painters. This asymetry between how guns and missiles work on small targets, even under optimal conditions, is the reason missiles are not used by the UNI in Incursions.

The caveat is Assault and Headquarters fleets will take missile ships. There are more large targets, so this signature radius issue does not crop up as much. If the UNI is currently doing a larger fleet, missile hulls are acceptable. If you have any questions on fits, please ask here in the forum or in the in game chat channel.
Last edited by Kataki Soikutsu on 2014.08.16 13:53, edited 13 times in total.
<<

Andy Koraka

Portrait

Post 2013.02.17 14:43

Re: New Incursion Runner Resources

Thanks for all the hard work on the Wiki, I hope you guys will be pleased to know that even groups outside the UNI have been using the resources a lot. The Test PvE squad has been linking to the UNI incursion wiki all weekend and it's been amazingly helpful in teaching our newbros (and some veterans) how to run incursions.

Thanks again!
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2013.02.17 18:12

Thanks Andy, and if you guys have any feedback we're more than happy to receive some. Wikis can always be improved.
<<

Enta en Bauldry

Portrait

Post 2013.03.04 11:30

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Vanguard_Incursion_fits

T2 logi is allowed under WSOP. So there is no need for the yellow marker on the Scimi and Basi fittings.
Nobody
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2013.03.04 14:03

Enta en Bauldry wrote:http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Vanguard_Incursion_fits

T2 logi is allowed under WSOP. So there is no need for the yellow marker on the Scimi and Basi fittings.

Except for the following:

Pilots who accept the risks may fly...

...ships with expensive modules or rigs

'Expensive modules or rigs' is defined as Faction, Storyline, Deadspace, or Officer modules[23] or rigs (usually Tech 2[24]) where the total market value of faction mods or rigs is greater than the ship hull it is fitted on.

Which is why the first couple of fits for logistics are tagged as WSOP-allowed, while the others are WSOP-restricted seeing as they have T2 rigs and modules that far exceed the cost of the hull.

So in my opinion, yes, there is still cause for that yellow marker.
<<

Enta en Bauldry

Portrait

Post 2013.03.04 22:21

The first recommended Scimi fit is not risking an X. The RF Extender is way cheaper than the hull. The 4/2 Basi is very close to the border.

Edit: Nvm, didn't see the T2 ACR's. Still, it's highly unlikely that any of these fits getting blown up will cause you grief these days.
Nobody
<<

Pehuen

Portrait

Director of Special Projects
Director of Special Projects

Post 2013.03.05 01:41

Enta en Bauldry wrote:The first recommended Scimi fit is not risking an X. The RF Extender is way cheaper than the hull. The 4/2 Basi is very close to the border.

Edit: Nvm, didn't see the T2 ACR's. Still, it's highly unlikely that any of these fits getting blown up will cause you grief these days.

If you get popped by a WT with one of those expensive fits during a solo Jita run.. you're getting an x.
<<

BobbyRush

Portrait

Post 2013.03.05 07:36

Pehuen wrote:If you get popped by a WT with one of those expensive fits during a solo Jita run.. you're getting an x.

Let me be the judge of that. (Or Marius, Hannibal, Sheguna or Boniface.)

Losing any fleet support ship to a war target while solo in a trade hub is likely to lead to a conversation with Guidance, regardless of how expensive it was. As for the fits, the spirit of the restriction on the price and amount of expensive modules is to discourage very new or low skilled pilots from buying shiny to overcome skill constraints, and to reduce the number of 'loot piñatas' we have out in space. Both of these concerns are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

<<

Axel Defour

Portrait

Post 2013.03.07 00:07

I notice that many of the pirate faction cruisers have incursion fits listed on the wiki (Incursion Cynabal <3). Since you're collecting all the incursion fits on a central wiki page, are any of these actually viable?
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2013.03.07 01:39

Right now I'm focusing on getting the Assault page out and tweaking the Vanguard page. Once that's done, I plan to go through all the ship-pages and simply remove or replace all fits there who are relevant to incursions.

There are a lot of bad and outdated fits there that needs to be replaced. But for the time being, before we get to all of them, they are going to be a few bad fits floating around. That would be one of them.

If you look at some of the pages, they'll have incursion fits "pulled" from the central incursion fitting pages (namely Kataki's old pages). That's how we intend to do it now too. The pages are being setup for it, and in the end all the ship-pages will have the appropriate incursion fits on them, pulled from the incursion pages so that when they get updated there, they'll automatically be updated on the individual ship pages.

As for actual fits right now, refer them to the actual incursion pages:
http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Incursions (general information)
http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Fitting_for_Incursions (reasons behind the fits and recommended skills)
http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Vanguard_Incursion_fits (vanguard fits)

The assaults are not finished, but will come up ... soon (tm).
<<

Janna Windforce

Portrait

Post 2013.03.07 16:32

Lovely compilation!
As I am currently in process for training Rokh (need guns now) so I could go on my very first incursion, can I ask why there are sebos on battleships? To lock frigs faster?
Vertor et revertor.
<<

Kataki Soikutsu

Portrait

Post 2013.03.07 16:54

Janna Windforce wrote:Lovely compilation!
As I am currently in process for training Rokh (need guns now) so I could go on my very first incursion, can I ask why there are sebos on battleships? To lock frigs faster?

Exactly, and that is why they are Scan Resolution Scripted in VG.

Image Image
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2013.03.07 18:05

Kataki Soikutsu wrote:
Janna Windforce wrote:Lovely compilation!
Exactly, and that is why they are Scan Resolution Scripted in VG.
Not just that, also to be able to lock up the logistics and send maintenance bots their way if things go wrong, to be able to quicklly lock a target out of sequence or after you've been jammed etc. There's more to it than just being able to quickly lock up frigates.
<<

Doji Auduin

Portrait

Post 2013.03.12 22:35

Shouldn't this be titled Roles in E-uni incursions. Perhaps with addition of another page about advanced Incursion tactics (such as 11 dps 1 logi and 12 dps 0 logi)

Also include incursion communities and routes into them if people want to become more serious about running incursions.

Also discuss MOMs and HQ fittings / fleets
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2013.03.13 04:48

Doji Auduin wrote:Shouldn't this be titled Roles in E-uni incursions.
I suppose a more general disclaimer that these specifics are for uni-fleets and not necessarily a reflection of how all incursion communties fit their ships for example, or what roles they have.

Doji Auduin wrote:Perhaps with addition of another page about advanced Incursion tactics (such as 11 dps 1 logi and 12 dps 0 logi)
It's on my todo-list to flesh out some of these things.

Doji Auduin wrote:Also include incursion communities and routes into them if people want to become more serious about running incursions.
Perhaps, but we can't be too specific about it because we have control of them. Any information we put there has to be very basic. We can't even talk about specific groups because they could change etc.

Doji Auduin wrote:Also discuss MOMs and HQ fittings / fleets
I prefer to write pages about things I have extensive experience about, so personally I'm holding off on that until a) I get the experience, b) uni actually starts running them (otherwise it'll just be a lot of unnecessary information).
Next

Return to Incursions