Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Gyrgon

Portrait

Post 2018.10.14 10:39

Can scout sites be viable for small groups after the ECM cha

Hello all,

with the current Incursion at the HSC constellation I had a look at the different sites again after I haven't done Incursions for a while and I stumbled upon the remark for scout sites, that these aren't viable sites to run in part because they take so long due to getting jammed by the Sansha. I was wondering if that might have changed with the recent ECM changes, where getting jammed won't prevent DD from burning down the ECM ships anymore and it should only pose a small problem for Logi at the very start of each wave.

What do the more experienced pilots think about this? Could this be a way to start running sites again, even if we don't get enough numbers for Vanguard sites? What would a fleet comp need to look like? Could this be run with BC booster / T1 Logi?
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.10.15 07:01

Re: Can scout sites be viable for small groups after the ECM cha

I spoke to Ersin a bit yesterday before downtime, about this very thing. I suspect you might have been with him during the fleet after downtime :)

The main reason why scout sites aren't very viable is because they have more hit points (due to larger and sturdier ships) to chew through than vanguards and pay much less, including higher ammo costs unless you use drones since you're chewing through more hit points. Some of the scout sites have some pretty hefty amount of jamming too, which used to make it a bit more annoying.

Now the ECM changes makes the jamming part less problematic, as it will no longer remove dps (they'll be able to shoot the ships jamming them), but the other problems still remain.

Perhaps Ersin can share, if you weren't there, some times and payouts or the overall experience he had with the remote domis otherwise used for the Forward Outpost Bases (although slightly modified). If it was bearable, you could probably drop some tank and boost damage and application some more and have that as an option.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.10.15 07:08

Re: Can scout sites be viable for small groups after the ECM cha

Gyrgon wrote:What would a fleet comp need to look like? Could this be run with BC booster / T1 Logi?
Tech one logistics as well as a couple of remote repping hybrid ships could handle most of those (perhaps not the Lirsautton-padded alpha in the Propaganda Cluster).

The main difference to vanguard for these sites is that quite a few of the ships will sit at 60km range and not get closer, so unlike vanguards where you can pretty much do any of the sites with a brawler-setup, you'll need some serious firepower at range too for these. This is of course on top of the smaller, agile ships that gets in under your guns :)

Return to Incursions