Question about drones for Incursions

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Lunaria Veil (Biomassed 2018.04.15)

Portrait

Post 2018.03.23 14:36

Question about drones for Incursions

Why do we use Amarr drones for Incursions? Since the Sansha rats are omni-tanked I would think Gallente drones would be better due to the higher damage multiplier. Is it because of range or tracking? Just curious.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.03.23 16:42

Re: Question about drones for Incursions

Combination of speed and tracking while maintaining decent dps.
<<

Lunaria Veil (Biomassed 2018.04.15)

Portrait

Post 2018.03.23 17:11

Makes sense. If my skills are higher with Gallente/Minmatar drones, would that make a lot of difference? I have Gallente Drone Specialization IV but Amarr Drone Specialization II. I have T2 Infiltrators/Acolytes, just wondering if T2 Hobgoblins/Hammerheads would be better if I have better skills. Or is that enough of a difference?

Of course training Amarr Drone Specialization II up to IV shouldn't take that much time, just kind of curious.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.03.23 17:42

No, the difference (4% raw damage boost) isn't worth changing your drones around, stick with the recommended :)
<<

Ceilidh Brinalle

Portrait

Post 2018.03.23 17:46

Essentially no. Their higher travel speed and better tracking make up for their lower damage at any equal tech tier.

The only other plausible option is Sentries, but its sub-optimal, and you need to have perfect skills to have them be as good as the flight of lights.
Image Image Image ImageImage

Return to Incursions