Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Hamok Shah

Portrait

Post 2018.03.08 11:31

Incursion running for EUTZ in the evenings

Hi all,
I am brand new to incursions - only picketed a couple of times so far - and have just finally got my skills up and invested in an entry level incursion DD BS, but not run any as DD yet.

Throughout the month+ it took me to skill up and get my ship ready I have flown probably over a dozen times 20+ jumps to the focus system in order to picket for EUTZ runners in the evenings (EVE time 1900-2100) but the fleets almost always folded for not enough ongrid (esp usually logi/boosters), despite energetic attempts to get it going by Zeon and others.

I understand that the Saturday post-DT runs have been recently successful for EUTZ, but unfortunately for me (and I am sure for others) that time does not work for me - I can only do this evenings.

Is it worth having a discussion about how to get EUTZ running more frequently again, especially in evenings (peak Eve time)?

I guess what I personally would hope for is that some more experienced EUTZ players (esp. FCs/logi/boosters) would commit to trying to help get things going in the EUTZ evenings, possibly by suggesting a preferred day or part of the week when they would be willing to x-up?

I realize I may be unaware of most of the issues here, and for that I ask your patience.

Best,
Hamok Shah
<<

Zeerse Solaris

Portrait

Post 2018.03.08 13:27

Re: Incursion running for EUTZ in the evenings

I think it's pretty much the circle of:

people don't think we'll form so they don't move their ships
someone tries to form but no one has moved their ships
form up person gives up trying to form again

The mailing list isn't used to give advance notice of any form up intentions, people would be more likely to move if we did. Slack is useful if you're always logged into it but I have several Uni slack channels and only permanently sit in one of them, so it's something that could be pinged once form up starts but I don't think is a reason not to use the mailing list.

I don't like our incursion selections, often being way out of the way of campuses which are the most likely source of pickets and scouts, as well as the more casual incursionists that live in campuses.

I'd rather get a couple of runs in an older incursion near a campus than go 30 jumps to struggle to form up.

I can provide a booster or logi. Wednesdays every week are not good, and Fridays occasionally not good, other than that I can be pretty flexible.
Last edited by Zeerse Solaris on 2018.03.08 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.03.08 16:11

The solution is simple, but takes time and effort.

Start planning fleets a day in advance at first, to build up momentum in forming. Ping slack for a "Planned fleet at XX:YY on Zth of March" (just once) and send out a mail to the incursions.e-uni mailing list a day in advance and then ping as usual when you form up on the day. I recommend short formups, like 15-30 minutes at the most. If you don't get a fleet, go do something else. That way you get people into the habit of moving to be ready for fleets, without making them sit around for hours waiting.

Once you start forming more regularly (note forming, not actually running), you can skip the pre-pings a day in advance, unless there's been a few days without forming.

This is a joint effort though, but if one person gets the ball rolling, it's easier for others to pick it up and help too. So I encourage everyone to join Hamok, as more people doing this means more formups which means more people will move and ultimately it'll bring back more fleets :)
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.03.08 16:14

Zeerse Solaris wrote:I don't like our incursion selections, often being way out of the way of campuses which are the most likely source of pickets and scouts, as well as the more casual incursionists that live in campuses.
We do try to pick focuses close to campuses, but between being safe (good picket setups) and not moving from a perfectly fine focus prematurely on a regular basis, we often have no choice in the matter.

If you or anyone else have any ideas on how to solve that I'm all ears, drop me a line on Slack (preferably) or a private message on this forum.
<<

BobbyRush

Portrait

Post 2018.03.12 16:06

If you could try to form up when I'm not busy farming tears in Provi then I'd come along more : :twisted:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Return to Incursions