Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2017.11.25 22:44

Newbro trying to join

Hi,

I would like to try incursions - I have read the info available on the wiki and learned the base skills plus some.
Being Amarr and having some spare change from my PI operations I have chosen a Nightmare and now can fly one (the fit from the Vanguard page but with T2 turrets - beam or pulse). Before I actually buy one and show up I would like to ask if that is a good idea or I should rather fly sth else (and spend a few more weeks learning the appropriate skills).

Also I guess I should do a few runs as picket or maybe scout to get used to things...

Any comments are welcome.

Zoltan
<<

Paxte Eriker

Portrait

Post 2017.11.26 15:23

Re: Newbro trying to join

A T2 gun nightmare is a really good idea. As long as you've got all the minimum skills for damage dealers listed on the wiki there's no reason you can't come straight in as an ongrid. If you haven't already you should join the incursions.e-uni chat channel and mailing list.

DO NOT move you nightmare to the incursion focus on your uni character. Ideally you'll want an alt that can move it for you but if you don't have one then feel free to ask in the incursion chat for someone that has an out of uni alt and can move it for you.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2017.11.26 18:24

Hi,

ok, then I'll get the Nightmare and fit next time I'm in Jita with my banker... I have a valet alt which should be able to move it if I didn't botch it up...

Would T2 beams or pulse lasers be preferred or should I get and bring both?

I am on the chat and mailing list now.

Zoltan
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.11.27 14:14

Bring both Tachyons and Pulses. You'll find this information as well as crystal selections you should bring on the actual fit on the wiki, in the notes-section.

If you don't plan to fit the ship like the fit on the wiki (not counting the tech two weapon upgrade, that's fine), I'd recommend you drop me a line before buying it, just so you don't end up with a fit that won't work in our community and you end up having to rip out rigs or replace modules. But if your fit is just like the wiki but with tech two guns, you'll always be fine (you can never go wrong with the fits we put on the incursion-related wiki pages).
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2017.11.27 16:25

Hi,

thanks, I found this info later while reading the small print on the fitting page and bought the fit from there with both T2 guns plus some bulkehads 2 and the simple tanking midslot mods for a travel fit. Could sb. resend me the current foucus mail so I can move it there on my valet tonight?

TIA,

Zoltan
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.01.11 12:58

Hi,

yesterday at around 2100 there was indeed a fleet running during Euro TZ after a long wait (I already thought about selling the Nightmare).

Thanks for taking me (and some other newbro) and bearing with my questions and probably non-optimal DPS during the state of shock in the first few sites... it got better soon and I started to understand what to do...

Zoltan

Return to Incursions