Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Paxte Eriker

Portrait

Post 2017.08.14 17:25

No more sponging payouts

From the latest patch notes:

Players will now be disqualified from being rewarded for participation in Incursion sites if they have not dealt any damage or assisted other players through logistics.
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.08.14 18:24

Re: No more sponging payouts

Well that seems to be rather heavy handed. I know as a scout it was exciting to be called in to soak up an extra payment.

Now does it refer at all to the OTA hacking? because technically the scout is doing something on grid for the OTA sites.
Image ImageImageImageImage
<<

Devinnis Pollard

Portrait

Assistant Teaching Manager
Assistant Teaching Manager

Post 2017.08.15 07:14

It's probably aimed at people running them with undermanned fleets or the groups running them in capitals in low- and nullsec.
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Post 2017.08.15 10:20

Devinnis Pollard wrote:It's probably aimed at people running them with undermanned fleets or the groups running them in capitals in low- and nullsec.

I don't see why this would be the case? I'd assumed that in the cases where the fleet was undermanned, they still got the full payout - just divided over fewer people.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.08.15 12:07

Aren Dar wrote:
Devinnis Pollard wrote:It's probably aimed at people running them with undermanned fleets or the groups running them in capitals in low- and nullsec.
I don't see why this would be the case? I'd assumed that in the cases where the fleet was undermanned, they still got the full payout - just divided over fewer people.
Let's say you run with 5 capital pilots (minimum to get max payout) ... those 5 pilots can then bring an additional 2 alts or friends each that does and require nothing just to increase their payout threefold (as each person gets paid the same whether you're 5 or 15 people in lowsec, 10 in highsec for reference). I'm guessing CCP didn't like that people could get paid for not actually participating.
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Post 2017.08.15 13:43

Cassiel Seraphim wrote:Let's say you run with 5 capital pilots (minimum to get max payout) ... those 5 pilots can then bring an additional 2 alts or friends each that does and require nothing just to increase their payout threefold

Fair enough. I'd assumed the total amount from the site stayed constant and was divided out across the number of people who were deemed to have participated.

What was more interesting for me about this announcement was the implication that they have the ability to track who was logi'ing when the NPCs were shot - which should in theory make logi on killmails possible.
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.08.15 18:58

I think you can simplify it and check who is in the site and did they have targets that they activated modules on. doing this covers the Logi, DD and OGB while excluding anyone jumping in for a payment.

I would like to experiment with this one day.
<<

Ernesto Guevarti

Portrait

Post 2017.08.15 21:11

Just have a pair of extra ship come on grid and rep each other, problem solved.
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.
<<

Analiese Aubernet

Portrait

Post 2017.08.15 22:28

This could also be aimed at high-sec HQs, at times there may be 20 real people in fleet and 20 alts in t1 frigates absorbing payouts.
<<

Xylem Viliana

Portrait

Post 2017.08.20 10:59

alts warped in that do not contribute at all recv nothing. an in fleet venture/prospect will get paid in NMC scout hack of an OTA, not sure why it will still be there for payout, booster is fine logi is fine. simple way around it is to have something that can help, aka bring sponge in in final wave and have it fitted with a remote rep and rep the target getting shot or even better follow the old BRAVE fleet call for basically every roam, and add a spin on it "split guns and w**** on everything" have an alt in a DPS shoot so you are contributing.

Also not sure how many will read this but it was nice working with you guys in soli again :-)
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.08.20 11:46

Some testing is needed on this though, as I've been hearing that people still get the payout despite doing nothing. The other night we at least checked if boosting (and not shooting or using any offensive module or drones) was enough, which it was. But that doesn't say much if doing nothing still pays :)

To really test this we'd have to check each of these at least:

- Ship doing nothing and not getting shot.
- Ship using direct remote assistance like repping someone taking damage.
- Ship using indirect remote assistance like remote sensor boosting.
- Ship boosting but otherwise not interacting with the fleet (might need to be re-checked if it turns out doing nothing still pays).
- Ship hacking the override transfer array but otherwise not interacting with the site or fleet.
- Ship dropping ore but otherwise not interacting with the site or fleet.
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.08.21 12:21

At the next fleet I'm in I'm willing to attempt to tackle those last 2 in my heron.
<<

Kontxesi Buchanan

Portrait

Post 2017.08.22 15:40

In the last fleet we ran in Solitude, we had our new scout accidentally on-grid during a few OTA pay outs, and he definitely sponged, as we got 8-and-change mil payments.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.08.22 16:42

in those cases the scout did something, the hacking, I wonder if it would be the same if the scout dropped ore at a NMC or nothing at all at a NCO.

This of course goes on the list of things I'd like to try

Return to Incursions