The fastest form-up EVER.

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Logan Zauber

Portrait

Post 2017.06.22 01:41

The fastest form-up EVER.

Some days we sit around for hours waiting for one last logi pilot, one last picket, or please please can anyone boost? Not last night.

Last night was the fastest form-up ever, and the fastest form-up that ever will be.
That's right, we ran a site before we even had a fleet.

It went down like this:

While running with the Euro time zone people, the Scout discovered a multi-boxer fleet that seemed to be stuck in an NMC. This fella's site time was longer than our entire fleet action. He was just sitting in there.

After our fleet folded, some of us peeked inside to see what was going on. There was a fleet of Megathrons and Basilisks, all sort of spider tanked. Just sitting in there, the can to the refinery all rezzed and waiting for ore. For hours.

"Hold the phone!" shouts Logan. "Lets get back to station and get our Ventures! We can mine this lyavite!" And off he scuttled.

"You have a Venture?" Lexara asked. "Why do you have a Venture?"
"All I have is the Machariel. Maybe I can jet-can?" Asked Eulin. ( Okay, I think it was Eulin.)

"You boys guard me from the rats that spawn, and we can split the ore three ways."

After much hilarity in mumble, frigates being blapped and Logan running back and forth between the dock any time rats appeared.. the Three Amigos split 3 Venture Holds of Lyavite. That's 16 stacks of NMC fun per pilot. Then all went their merry ways. But.. oh yes.. Logan bookmarked the site.

After many hours, Logan logged back in, curious. Yes, the site was still up, but the multi-box fleet was gone. Just that lonely can, sitting near the refinery. "I'm gonna ninja mine for more lyavite!" said he. And so he did. Rapidly, three rats spawned. Logan ran back to the dock, and reshipped in to a Vindicator. Blap! Blap! Blap!

Back to the Venture.. and now he got a full hold full. Back to the dock, back to the ore. MORE RATS! More Vindicator. More blap blap blap.

All in all, Logan pulled in 97 stacks of lyavite. No one else had a Venture.

Well, friends, it was time to form the Tuesday Night Teaching Fleet. Time to stop mucking about in the Venture, but Logan had a treat in mind for his fleet!

The fleet was forming rapidly at 2:30. Soon we were only short maybe a logi or some banana bread or something. While they waited, Logan lead the fleet to the abandoned NMC.

Konxshee (that picket with the name you can't spell. Chessie.) had a mining drone, and she mined. Within a minute, the rats came. Blap-blap-blap. Then she raced J-dug to the can and beat him, stuffing lyavite in the refinery can.

BOOM! Ca-CHING! Payout! We got a site before we had finished forming.

Back to dock. SInce the picket reckoned it was not exactly a lie to say "Fleet is running"... we rapidly had all the pilots we needed and ran a few sites.

Good times!

-Logan
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.06.22 13:19

Re: The fastest form-up EVER.

I caught the beginning of this adventure the other day, little did I know it would turn into this much fun. Thanks for sharing Logan, and good thinking of bookmarking the site, you were thinking ahead :)
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.06.22 13:20

now that sounds like an amazing adventure
Image ImageImageImageImage
<<

Kontxesi Buchanan

Portrait

Post 2017.06.22 15:14