What I learned in Incursions this week....

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Tristle Boirelle

Portrait

Post 2017.05.24 03:56

What I learned in Incursions this week....

Ok, so with less than a week of receiving my on-grid briefing I have found myself FCing an incursion fleet. Ended up doing nine site in roughly an hour. Not break neck speeds but we were moving so that's a plus. So what have I taken away from this experience...

I would say the big one is I need I need more experience. The veteran FCs make it look easy but I felt I was stumbling all over the place.

I need to develop a set script for commands so that a rhythm can be established. This is really nothing new as I realized this from FCing L4 mission fleets but given how incursions work it's even more important here.

If swapping out a DD just keep the fleet moving. It's a lot easier to let one into the site behind the rest than to keep everyone waiting at the gate for someone to warp in 100AU and you don't know if they've even undocked.

Be vocal if you have split damage on the larger targets and especially if the hack hasn't been completed yet. There was a couple times where it was obvious that people were just shooting randomly on the first wave of in the OTAs as the shield would go down and then right back to full.
<<

Rustled Jimmy

Portrait

Post 2017.05.25 11:33

Re: What I learned in Incursions this week....

Just want to say, as a scout/picket who has listened into at least a few Incursion runs I don't think you stumbled as much or as badly as you seem to think you did reading this. I can imagine it's always a bit nerve-wracking the first time you FC in a different situation you are used to, as you say with more experience I think you'll make a great FC. You were clear with your orders and 9 sites in an hour is really not a bad time at all.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.05.25 14:43

Re: What I learned in Incursions this week....

Welcome to the club Tristle, look forward to seeing your next fleet :)

Return to Incursions