Post 2017.06.01 19:46

Re: [Fleet] 9E98 ARMOR Incursion Fleet Set up Thread

What are you confused about?
<<

Mokure Breau

Portrait

Post 2017.06.01 23:24

Analiese Aubernet wrote:What are you confused about?

I figured out much of my confusion and simulated the Hyperion fit.

I have the resistances at IV having trained for gallente ship masteries and I have hull upgrades V.
Shield compensation and damage compensations are at III for shields so armor is stronger. :D

I've not trained for Large tech II guns.
Large Hybrid Turret V (IV) , Motion Prediction V (IV) and Large Blaster Specialization ??(0)
necessary for the Tech 2 guns on that fit. Maybe there is faction I could use ?

The gunnery is 1 month of training plus another week for Large Blaster Specialization IV
No complaints about Motion Prediction V. I have all those general gunnery skills in my queue at some point. The question is priority/order.

I'd rather not do that month of training before giving this a try, :twisted: but my Gallente Battleship skill is at III . That also affects blaster damage. I have IV in my queue. That is only 6d 6h. I may put that before all those more specific gun skills.

Rapid Firing , Sharpshooter, and Surgical Strike are all trained to IV, and the other simulated Hyperion fit used tech 1 guns. Maybe I could try those or factional guns? Of course if I'm considering plex backed isk maybe skill injectors are a better deal that expensive factional modules.

The other roles are much more training for me. It could be that more of that is prehaps transferable to other fleets at this point than the tech 2 large guns. Focusing on a single goal makes it easier to not be confused.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.06.02 10:48

The incursion community's normal doctrine does not require tech two guns, and I'd hazard a guess that K950 was simply lazy and used T2 guns for the fits assuming people would know they can downgrade to meta 4 guns.

For a rough guideline you can look at minimum skills for damage dealers minus the shield specific skills and including the Hull Upgrades V and armor compensation skills instead.
<<

ViulfR DeWolf

Portrait

Post 2017.06.02 15:08

When you talk about command ships do you mean modules on battleships or full on command battle cruisers? I have a Sleipnir I could armor fit and and 37 days train away from fleet command. Depending on how much time between now and the armor fleet it might be possible to train gallante or amarr BC to 5 (21 days) for a better armor fit command BC.
<<

Analiese Aubernet

Portrait

Post 2017.06.02 16:18

When we say command bursts, we're talking about a command ship with 2 medium command processor rigs so it can use 4x bonused command bursts.

For armor command bursts it is best to use an armor command ship for optimal bonuses. Since the Sleip appears to be the preferred combination for shield (shield/skirmish), I'd assume the Astarte would be the preferred booster for armor (armor/skirmish).

The latest I've heard is that K950 plans to run the fleet at the next focus near Amarr, which could be in as soon as 24 hours.
<<

ViulfR DeWolf

Portrait

Post 2017.06.03 05:37

The Astarte would be 21 days out if I altered the training cue now, so probably not warranted for these plans. Probably best to continue on the FC grind and get that out of the way to at least 3-4.
<<

HyperFlareX

Portrait

Post 2017.06.06 23:02

I'll grab a guardian and an apocalypse for this :)

<<

Flux Is Life

Portrait

Post 2017.06.07 09:30

I'm looking forward to trying this out. Sounds like it will be interesting testing it out.

Should we bring a few shield bots in fleet to help top up shields for the extra buffer, or is that useless for the fleet as a whole?
<<

Analiese Aubernet

Portrait

Post 2017.06.07 14:34

I believe you would use armor maintenance bots, to be used in case of a logi disconnect or other unforeseen circumstance. The buffer you get from shields without resists isn't really anything to write home about.
<<

K950

Portrait

Post 2017.06.07 16:02

One of the problems I forsee coming is the booster.

We need at least 2 capable booster pilots in each TZ, US and EU. Although I will try to make it to the EU TZ on my days off work, I would think it would be best for the other FC if he's sorted with a booster.

I believe I should send a mail out for this. It's important enough to warrant it I think: the WHC should be able to cover this one without too many difficulties. An Absolution or Damnation, while not providing bonused skirmish links, is better than no links at all.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.06.07 16:43

Just so there's no confusion, you're still specifically waiting for a spawn near Amarr? Like you said in your evemail?
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.06.07 16:45

K950 wrote:I believe I should send a mail out for this. It's important enough to warrant it I think: the WHC should be able to cover this one without too many difficulties. An Absolution or Damnation, while not providing bonused skirmish links, is better than no links at all.
Ideally these are things that should be sorted out and resolved long before calling for an armour focus, so fleets don't form only to find out there's nobody who can fill a specific role.

I can cover most normal EU-fleets, that start at normal hours (not the late ones though as I'm +2 hours ahead and won't start forming fleets close to midnight).
<<

K950

Portrait

Post 2017.06.07 18:44

The next focus in Amarr space --- so Domain, Kador, Tash-Murkon, et cetera.

If I'm not seriously mistaken, most Incursion focii are in Amarr space, so I figured that would be ordinary.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.06.07 19:48

K950 wrote:The next focus in Amarr space --- so Domain, Kador, Tash-Murkon, et cetera.

If I'm not seriously mistaken, most Incursion focii are in Amarr space, so I figured that would be ordinary.
They still happen in other parts of space, like Gallente, Minmatar and Caldari space. Just statistically a little more likely to be around Amarr, but not by a huge percent.
PreviousNext

Return to Incursions