Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Gandalf The WhiteGoat

Portrait

Post 2017.05.17 22:26

[Service] Moving Incursion ships

Hello Everyone o/

So after someone lost their incursion ship after moving it on a uni character to WT's. I am posting this here to help move people's incursion ships.

I can move anything we fly as standard ranging from T1 battleships to logi to boosters

Ask in slack and ingame channel first

So if you need me to move a ship:
1. Post what ship it is here.
2. Create a item contract with me and request 90% of jita price from [url=evepraisal.com]evepraisal[/url] this is insurance money so you know I want run away with it.
3. Wait for me to move at most 24 hours.
4. I will put up the ship for item contract asking for the Insurance money back.
5. Enjoy.

To people who I have moved ships before in the past and people who know me please post on here letting people know I will move their ship and not steal it.

Edit: Although this service is free and I am happy to do it a valet alt is still better and easier to use see this link

Edit 2: I will be putting a limit of 6 moves per person as this will allow adequate time to train a valet alt to move your own ship

St MacK: 1
Last edited by Gandalf The WhiteGoat on 2017.05.18 13:06, edited 4 times in total.
<<

St MacK

Portrait

Post 2017.05.17 23:02

Re: [Service] Moving Incursion ships

This guy is legit A++++, would let him move my ships again...

edit: Speaking of which, would love some help moving my Vindi, isn't too far from current focus, sending you a contract now <3
<<

Gandalf The WhiteGoat

Portrait

Post 2017.05.17 23:57

St MacK wrote:This guy is legit A++++, would let him move my ships again...

edit: Speaking of which, would love some help moving my Vindi, isn't too far from current focus, sending you a contract now <3

moved for you
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.05.18 11:39

Worth noting is that this has been done before, see Valet Alts: The Master List with mixed results. See my last post in that thread before locking it and letting it fall off.
Cassiel Seraphim wrote:I'm contemplating removing this topic for several reasons, but mainly this.

If you need help moving you can always ask in the chat channel or on slack to get confirmation from someone who's actually there, who can confirm being able to move it for you.

This would remove the issues threads like these have, where people need to constantly keep it updated in order to keep it accurate, it also runs the risk of people contracting things to someone who isn't necessarily active anymore etc. It's also a crutch for people to not train a proper valet alt which would be soo much more useful for them. People who don't get a valet alt for themselves are so restricted and hampered that we're doing them a disservice making it seem viable to rely on other people.

Don't get me wrong, we should continue helping new people move, but it should be once or twice per person until their valet alt is trained (4 days roughly). So it should be a one-time deal, not a "service".
I'm still of the opinion that this would ultimately be a disservice (like giving someone a fish instead of teaching them how to fish) and that there are better ways to solving the "I am training my valet alt but I'm not done yet so need helping moving this time!" problem, by using Slack or the ingame channel.
<<

Gandalf The WhiteGoat

Portrait

Post 2017.05.18 12:11

I know it was done before but after the loss last night, I thought about helping people.

I can see where you are coming from that's why I took kale's suggestion and put a limit on how many foci I would move their ship.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.05.18 12:46

That doesn't change the fact the forum isn't really ideal for this and comes with a variety of issues that has nothing to do with people repeatedly abusing the service instead of training their own valet alt.

On the other hand, the same idea (of helping people move if they can't do it themselves) can be done more effectively by using slack and ingame channels, as that reaches far more people immediately, doesn't require being updated etc.
<<

Gandalf The WhiteGoat

Portrait

Post 2017.05.18 13:05

I know its not the most Ideal place but its a place that is visited often for a lot of our incursion runners and people starting out.

I know slack and in game channels are better but people don't always utilise them or don't bother asking as was found out last night when the person had people shouting at him to dock up and let someone help him but he never did.

It does not need constant updating for people to see it as its one person (me) doing the moving I dont really need to update the main post I can keep a count of ships moved elsewhere.

Return to Incursions