This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Xylem Viliana

Portrait

Post 2017.04.11 21:57

Come fly with me (a guest FC) See slack and mailing lists

Hello Uni members

If there is something unclear please feel free to mail me ingame

For those who have not come across me before, I am an FC within The Vanguard Project, I know already some of you may be unsure but I would like for you to come along and have a fleet with me soon, details on times will be passed out via slack/mailing list by Cassiel I believe.

Edit 1: There have been requests for clarifications on what to bring. Short version would be what do you normally bring and can fly best that would be E-Uni doctrine. Bring that plus some spare bits outlined below in green,

For this fleet there will be some differences over your usual fleets, so I would ask that people where possible, and only if members are comfortable bring pirate hulls (vindi mach NM) t2 fits and meta 4 guns are fine if you can go full t2 as per your website fittings. however depending on numbers and experience we may need to adjust the fittings slightly. Especially 1-2 extra sensor boosters and tracking computers and remote tracking computers for the logi. If possible I will try to have an alt in a trade hub incase we need emergency supplies.

DPS ships, please bring quake and EMP if using 1400mm arty (only EMP if meta 4 guns). Emp if 800mm autos
laser ships gleam(t2 only) multi xray gamma
blasters antimatter and null/thorium

please also for pirate hulls blasters tach's arty is the way to go, for t1 hulls, could hybrids bring blaster and railguns if possible, mael's keep 800mm's.
Drifter drugs would also be beneficial, though I will try to do a shopping trip beforehand just incase but we will work with what we have.

This will be an interesting experience for me, I know our way of doing things will be very different than your normal and we will likely go a little out both our comfort zones. I would like to see what the Uni can do and it also will give me the opportunity to perhaps help with the learning process.

Ideally we will use mumble, though there are backups in place. And if you wish to bring a non E-Uni char then we can work with that. Usual precautions will be in place for safety.

I also want to point out, this may be a slightly more vocal fleet that you are accustomed to and after a chat with Cassiel it has been suggested we use an R rating for voice comms. I take responsibility for that, Scotsman here so I swear but I will try to keep it to a minimum. Also, I do not know the knowledge base of the members who may be attending, while I would like to see a more advanced fleet i will be happy to see a full fleet (Max of 12 ongrid at any time preferably with a venture alt or if an alpha account im sure fleet will make it worth the alpha members while).
Based on this, some of the information I give may come across as patronising but it will not be intended that way, if I am explaining something and you already know it, just let me know and we will move on, I need to find your level of knowledge and go from there which I cant do until we hit the ground.

I am hopeful for a good turn out for this as I think it will likely be a one off. E-Uni does a lot for players within eve and I hope that I may be able to bring some different experiences to your fleets.

I will try to check back here every day or so, but please keep an eye on your slack or mailing lists or however Cassiel chooses to make date and time available. If for any reason the focus's are not available we will reschedule where possible.

Fly safe And we shall see how many people we can turn into beacons of sansha slaying.

Xylem
Last edited by Xylem Viliana on 2017.04.13 16:51, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Ian Tucenghi

Portrait

Student Advocate
Student Advocate

Post 2017.04.12 01:44

Re: Come fly with me (a guest FC)

Looking forward to flying with you, Xylem! :)
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.04.12 07:24

Re: Come fly with me (a guest FC)

Details on when will be confirmed through the mailing list and slack within a day or so.

I highly recommend this for anyone who's interested in different ways to run incursions :)
<<

Xylem Viliana

Portrait

Post 2017.04.13 23:30

Re: Come fly with me (a guest FC) See slack and mailing lists

I think we are managing to make this a double whammy if there's the support for it. The elephant of valhalla has a plan.
<<

Tansarii Kashada

Portrait

Post 2017.04.15 03:28

In.

I've been running with Mustang for a long time - totally used to being patronised :lol: .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

<<

Xylem Viliana

Portrait

Post 2017.04.17 09:48

Good morning/evening everybody.

I just want to say a big thank you to all those who came along for the fleet this evening.

It was a lot of fun and I was very happy with the results, I know you guys dont look at ISK efficiency so i wont cover that.

I was very happy to see a full fleet and even a small waitlist at one point. had a small solo logi with single vindi in an OTA.

Oskar also had a butt clenching moment there but never even touched armor. This fleet was light tanked compared to a normal fleet so I think we expected something like this may happen.

This was a very pleasant experience for me so again thank you all very much.

If you were in fleet and you were willing to offer some feedback please mail Xylem Viliana ingame or a PM via the forum

Regards Xylem

PS: If anyone has any further questions etc please feel free to contact me ingame, forums are not my strong point but I will do my best to reply here if there are any questions
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.04.17 11:20

Thank you (and Yasmin) for coming by, hopefully we all walked away with a little bit more understanding as to why each of our communities do the things we do :)

I'll echo the sentiment of feedback, as feedback is always good. Feel free to contact me as well, if after this fleet you have some new questions bubbling to the surface.

Ended up sending this mail as well to both Xylem and Yasmin:
Thank you both for coming out yesterday :)

It was a pleasure and many of our members expressed that they were happy with the fleet. People got to experience something that we usually don't do ourselves even if we talk and teach it in theory, some people also finally understood in full, or got a greater appreciation for why we do certain things different. Either way, seeing the contrast, the pros and cons of both spectrums, they got a greater understanding of incursions :)

So again, thanks for coming out, it was a pleasure. Feel free to contact me again for a round two down the line!

/Cassiel on behalf of the EVE University Incursion Community.
<<

Kuni Nai

Portrait

Post 2017.04.17 12:13

Many thanks for the run, it was interesting to see how the Val's operate.
Always happy to learn more from experienced pilots.

Kuni
<<

Oskar Dallocort

Portrait

Post 2017.04.17 17:05

Xylem Viliana wrote:Oskar also had a butt clenching moment there but never even touched armor. This fleet was light tanked compared to a normal fleet so I think we expected something like this may happen.

Full room aggro does that occasionally.
Ex-Personnel Officer

Return to Incursions