Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Landon Elongur

Portrait

Post 2017.01.03 05:24

AAR: The Police Came Calling

Today I was FC'ing the fleet.
We had docked up for a Bio and then we were undocking with a new member added.
I called warp yourselves to the site as a final AFK check.
As we were entering warp, people called out on comms that they were seeing lasers firing.
I noticed that the new member was taking damage.
We all managed to get to the site and started aligning down the gate.
The Amar police then showed up and pointed the new member and blew up his Vindi. Unfortunately the Pith-B did not drop but we scooped the rest of the loot.
His security status was -3.3 and the system was 0.8.

Things that went wrong:
1) I did not know that faction police would follow you around system. In hindsight we should have had him dock immediately.
2) With the changes to University rules allowing Security Status down to -4.99 instead of -1.99 in November 2015 it is now possible for Uni members in good standing to have travel restrictions due to Faction Police wanting to kill them.

Travel Restrictions: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Security_ ... strictions

I believe we should add a statement to the Incursions checklist in the lines of "All people participating in the UNI Incursion community is responsible to verify that their security status is high enough for the system. If you security status is too low (-2.0 for a 1.0 system) then the faction police will show up and blow your ship up. This loss will not be covered by the University or community."

I'm sure Cass can word it better.

Also, having the waitlist manager / former of the fleet check Security Status would be nice. But I believe the ultimate responsibility must still be with the player.

Landon Elongur
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.01.03 05:53

Re: AAR: The Police Came Calling

First of all, I think that this goes way beyond the scope of what we should be responsible for in our community. We are not responsible for babysitting people and their choices. If they decide to drop their security status, they are responsible for knowing what the consequences are. So take absolutely no responsibility whatsoever for this loss Landon. This was not of your doing or something that you or anyone else in the fleet such as the waitlist manager should be held accountable for.

Second, for people with low security standing; If you ever drop below -2.0 standing you need to be aware of the consequences. Logan already posted the restrictions portion of the security status page, learn that and know what having a low security standing means for you. I suggest you stockpile a few tags Clone Soldier Transporter Tag (I think is the one that brings you to -2.0) so you can hand them in before going back to high security space if you have a tendency to tank your security standing.

If people walk away from this wiser, knowing more about security status and its consequences, all the better. But again, in my mind this is a classic example of where the accountability lies squarely with the pilot and not the community. At some point a modicum of responsibility must be put on each individual pilot. This pilot for example, turned his safeties off in order to attack someone in low security space (a conscious act), they got the message flying through high security space that they were considered unlawful citizens and would get hunted (which they repeatedly missed or ignored).

For future references, if you want to rise above what's expected of you and simply tell the person being shot by the police force to dock up instead of warping off ... then feel free to do so. But as I said before, it's certainly not expected of anyone to resort to this kind of babysitting.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.01.03 06:11

Landon Elongur wrote:I believe we should add a statement to the Incursions checklist in the lines of "All people participating in the UNI Incursion community is responsible to verify that their security status is high enough for the system. If you security status is too low (-2.0 for a 1.0 system) then the faction police will show up and blow your ship up. This loss will not be covered by the University or community."

I'm sure Cass can word it better.
I'm a fan of pointing out the obvious, so amended the nomadic lifestyle section of our EVE University Incursion Community page with this:
Being in high security space, people with low security status will need to be aware of the effects of low security standing, such as travel restrictions.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.01.03 06:13

Also, obligatory it's The Sound of the Space Police!
<<

chris cairney

Portrait

Post 2017.01.03 11:06

woop woop :)
<<

Krektogar Garkros

Portrait

Post 2017.01.03 19:07

Cassiel Seraphim wrote:Also, obligatory it's The Sound of the Space Police!

Oh god, why does this exist? :D
<<

Kyrrant

Portrait

Assistant Campus Manager
Assistant Campus Manager

Post 2017.01.04 00:11

Krektogar Garkros wrote:
Cassiel Seraphim wrote:Also, obligatory it's The Sound of the Space Police!

Oh god, why does this exist? :D

LOL, classic

ImageImageImage

AMC Assistant Manager
<<

Logan Zauber

Portrait

Post 2017.01.04 23:16

" Logan already posted the restrictions portion of the security status page, learn that and know what having a low security standing means for you."...

Someone else must have done this?

I was the WL manager for the Faction Police Fiasco. I was feeling pretty good about noticing a lack of Logi Bots and getting that corrected; since this was a Uni character I did not check the wardecs. I regret I did not notice the standings issue- I hope to have learned something from other people's misfortune.

That's my 2 cents.. when you feel all smug and confident that you found and corrected one rare error.. it doesn't mean there isn't another lurking right outside the station.

Not to self.. go hunting some Clone Soldiers.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.01.05 00:06

Logan Zauber wrote:" Logan already posted the restrictions portion of the security status page, learn that and know what having a low security standing means for you."...

Someone else must have done this?
My bad, I wrote Logan when I meant Landon.

Return to Incursions