This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Palja Kurman

Portrait

Assistant Personnel Manager

Post 2016.12.18 09:44

Valet Alts and Rigs

I'm about to train a valet alt and I have a question about rigs.

I understand that the skills I'm going to train the valet alt with will allow it to move my battleship around and provide a little in the way of a tank. I'm assuming that the modules that are fitted that I don't have the skills for would be disabled.

What happens to the rigs? Do they get destroyed? Are they disabled also?
Assistant Personnel Manager / Reimbursement Officer / Mentor

ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Yuri Titov

Portrait

Post 2016.12.18 10:32

Re: Valet Alts and Rigs

There are no skill requirements to use rigs, only to reduce drawbacks from them, so they work as normal

It helps to train some tank skills on your alt tho, so you can fit e.g dc2 and t2 reinforced bulkheads in lows and t2 shield tank in mids for your travel fit. That gives my valet 200+k ehp in a vindy
ImageImage
<<

Palja Kurman

Portrait

Post 2016.12.18 11:14

Great. So the rigs wont be destroyed when an alt is flying, they just don't provide the benefits. Makes sense.

I read in here about training some tanking skills.

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Preparing ... #Valet_alt

Thanks.
Assistant Personnel Manager / Reimbursement Officer / Mentor

ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Yuri Titov

Portrait

Post 2016.12.18 11:40

Lemme rephrase :)

Your alt can use your rigs and gets full benefits regardless of his skills as there are no skill requirements to fit rigs.
Each rig comes with a drawback tho which you can see in description, rigging skills reduce those drawbacks.
ImageImage
<<

Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

Portrait

Post 2016.12.20 13:41

This change came when CCP allowed you to fit EVERYTHING regardless of your skills. You only need the skills for onlining a module.
As you can't take riggs offline, they provide the full benefits and drawbacks without any skills trained.

Your valet can fly a ship with T2 guns as well, you just can't bring them online. :)
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Return to Incursions