Is the Uni incursion community dead?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Devoros Vyndiver

Portrait

Post 2018.09.10 16:47

Is the Uni incursion community dead?

Ever since the release of "Into the Abyss" back in May, I've noticed incursion fleets are almost all but non-exsistant.

This saddens me because I had just started running with these fleets in my Hyperion. I enjoy running with these fleets, and of course the ISK, very much. And would like to continue to do so with the uni and move up into a Vindi.

Though the new has worn off with the abyssal sites, and the market now saturated with loot from these sites that it almost doesn't seem worth the risk anymore. I still see the community as being on life-support.

So I ask, what can we do to breath new life back into the community? How can we get the old blood back, and new blood in? How can we get people to actually X up again and get more fleets rolling again, rather than just sitting for an hour or two while the forming fleet flounders, in desperate need of enough people to join so we can run, then just ends up folding, time after time, after time, after time?
Retired Personnel Officer, Retired AMC Officer, Graduate

ImageImageImage Image
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Post 2018.09.11 03:58

Re: Is the Uni incursion community dead?

Devoros Vyndiver wrote:How can we get people to actually X up again and get more fleets rolling again, rather than just sitting for an hour or two while the forming fleet flounders, in desperate need of enough people to join so we can run, then just ends up folding, time after time, after time, after time?
That's not quite what's happening though.

More often than not people simply don't bother to ping and that's why there are no fleets. It's true that it's rough starting to build up momentum and you might end up trying to form and not get enough people initially, but our main problem right now is that people just don't bother to form fleets (which is 100% guaranteed to result in no fleets, a self-fulfilling prophecy).

The solution is surprisingly simple; Plan fleets a day in advance, ping slack and send a mail to the mailing list to give people a heads-up and increase the chances of them showing up. If enough people do that, it'll rebuild momentum. While we are few in numbers, the main challenge is to get people to show up at the same time, which pinging in advance helps doing.

As for "sitting for an hour or two while the forming fleet flounders", just shorten the form-up time to 15-30 minutes so as not to waste people's time if you don't get enough people. Even if we don't end up getting a fleet, trying to form is still very useful. Because by forming, even if you ultimately fail to get a fleet running, you're showing people that fleets are trying to form and that might make them more likely to show up that same time again in the future, looking for the next fleet. Activity breeds activity.

Weekends have proven to be easier than regular week days, most likely due to the increased likelihood that people are free and about and that you can pull from multiple timezones that normally would be working (or even sleeping) during that time. Maintaining consistency also helps, so another option is to pick a day of the week and make it a weekly thing. "Teaching Tuesdays" (and all variants of the name) was a great success for the US-timezone for example.

Worth noting is that pinging for a fleet doesn't mean you have to be the fleet commander or anything like that (which is common in other activities), it just means that you want to run Incursions and you're letting other people know so they can show up as well. That means anyone can and is encouraged to ping for fleets. As I pointed out before, fleets won't happen unless people actually ping for them.

As for getting more people interested in Incursions, running classes is a great way and anyone who's willing to do that can drop me a line. You can also pay attention to discussions that happen around you. If someone is asking about Incursions, you can talk to them about it. It is a bit harder to get people interested when there aren't many fleets running though, so in my opinion, building up a momentum of fleets should probably be a priority at the moment.
<<

Devoros Vyndiver

Portrait

Post 2018.09.11 13:09

What would be the numbers required to run at least minimums? It's been a while, so I don't really remember.

In terms of dd. I remember at least 2 logi and a 1 booster.

ImageImageImage Image
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Post 2018.09.11 14:12

It's a combination of numbers as well as the individual pilot skills, ships and fits. A fleet of 8 people (1 booster, 2 logi and 5 damage dealers) could safely run if you got more veterans in a good combination of ships, like securing webs with a 2-3 webbed Vindicator pilot as well as securing range with a skilled Nightmare pilot. But if you have all tech one gunned classic ships and mostly new or low skilled pilots, you'll likely need the full fleet to safely run.

When forming, you're bound to have someone in the fleet to know when you have enough, so that's nothing you have to worry about when pinging. Like I mentioned in my first response, there no demand or requirement for the person pinging to be an expect or veteran of incursions, or for them to lead the fleet. It just means they want some content and they'd like people to know when and show up :)
<<

Devoros Vyndiver

Portrait

Post 2018.09.11 15:46

Awesome. Thanks for the help and info Cassiel! :D

ImageImageImage Image
<<

Mercury 99 Audene

Portrait

Post 2018.10.01 19:16

I would like to try incursion :D
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.10.04 09:10

Hi,

my out-of-corp valet alt is finally able to fly the Nightmare - soon with T2 lasers - so I might be able to join more easily now if sth is about to form.

Zoltan

Return to Incursions