Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Rhea Ostus

Portrait

Post 2019.12.30 09:54

Spending 1M free SP as a new player

Greetings everyone,

I have been playing EvE for over a month now. I got 1m SP for the recruit a friend thingy and decided to buy the starter pack as well. I spend the first 1m SP on getting all the magic 14 skills at at least level 4. Now I have more then 1m free SP laying around, but what to do with them?

I installed EvEmon to set up 2 skill plans for what I want to train in right now, which is mining/industry and the other one is getting the magic 14 to level 5. So now my question to you guys is, what is wise to spend the free SP on? Am I missing something on what is required?

Side note, I trained for the BLAP Damage dealing thing already.

Thanks in advance and fly safe everyone!
<<

Falling Snow KumaMoto

Portrait

Post 2019.12.30 13:44

Re: Spending 1M free SP as a new player

Fun question! There are as many answers to this as there are Eve Online players.

I always tell people to train STRUCTURE DOOMSDAY OPERATION!!!11!

But more seriously, Industry, Mining, Magic 14... those are almost exclusively Int/Mem skills, so did you map Int/Mem? If so, I'd spend the points on off-brand stuff that is Perception or Charisma based. For instance: Diplomacy, Social, Negotiation, Infomorph Psychology, Cybernetics (get those implants!), Mining Frigate/Mining Barge, Drones, Weapon Upgrades/Advanced Weapon Upgrades, Gallente Industrial...
ImageImage Image ImageImage
<<

Rhea Ostus

Portrait

Post 2019.12.30 19:00

I haven't remapped into anything yet, my skills are the same as when I started. Except for the implants I got from the Uni program. Thay give a big boost to all stats.

But I could go every direction if I am reading it right. Its a tough choice tho...
<<

Anidien Dallacort

Portrait

Post 2019.12.30 19:12

Falling Snow is right - your stated desires are all in Intellegence and Memory (most of magic 14 has intellegence as a primary, several with memory as a secondary. Science skills are Intellegence/Memory, and most mining skills are Memory/Intelligence, with the notable exception of Astrogeology which is Intellegence/Memory).

If you are saving your remaps until you figure your way out a bit more - then there really is no “best” use of the bonus points, as everything trains at roughly the same rate in a default neural mapping setup. You could either save the points for later, or use them to get some stingy prerequisites out of the way for what you want to do (I.e. training into Mining Barge if you are enjoying mining).

But if you are into industry and mining, looking into a remap into I/M or M/I (or some combination between them), then using the points on Things like Spaceship Command (Mining Frigate/Mining Barge/Exhumers, for example), which are P/W or W/P skills, is a good way to go.
Anidien Dallacort - Teacher, Mentor, Sophomore

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Ernesto Guevarti

Portrait

Post 2019.12.30 19:48

Rhea Ostus wrote:I haven't remapped into anything yet ...

So remap to equal Int / Per (reduce all others to the minimum) this will give you decent training on ships, weapons and all support skills (navigation, tanking, fitting). Should be the first thing every new player does with their character, second is get 2 clones and put Int+Mem implants in one and Per+Will in the other, if you also plan to go to null get a third and for now leave it empty.
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2020.01.09 15:37

Hi,

if you haven't spent the SP - I think the best option is to keep them. Two reasons for that:

- you can quickly inject some little skill you need right now (e.g. for a doctrine fit for some fleet you are about to join). You don't even have to put it on the skills queue, you can right-click it and choose apply skill points and enter the number of free SP you need to apply for the needed level.

- later, when you have remapped your attributes, free SP can be used to inject stuff you need but are not currently mapped for. If you would train it regardless of the wrong mapping, it would be terribly slow and remaps are a rather limited commodity...

Zoltan

Return to What Next?