Campus Differences

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Lanre Saraki

Portrait

Post 2018.12.19 18:59

Campus Differences

I just started playing Eve again after several years away, but I didn't play much last time so the main thing I got from that is the ability to fly a Vexor rather than having to start from scratch.

I've been doing career agent missions to get back up to speed and reading the wiki, and I think at this point I am ready to start mapping out a plan of action. I don't quite have a long term goal in mind yet, but my medium term goal is to try and run some incursions.

It will however be a while before I can train my skills high enough for a battleship. So in the mean time I am not sure what to do. I will probably work on mission running, but I am also considering moving to one of the campuses. The problem is that while I have read all the wiki pages I am having some trouble telling what the campuses are actually like.

So can anyone share some insights on what the differences are like in being on the different campuses?
<<

Ersin Oghuz

Portrait

Post 2018.12.20 11:48

Re: Campus Differences

So far I experienced HSC (a lot :lol: ), LSC, NSC, and WHC and Solitude a bit. Once I have been in AMC but it was just one weekend. I also flew with Incursion Community. My comments will be based on my experiences from those campuses.

As a former manager and a long time member of HSC, I can say that Hi-Sec Campus is right now one of the most active (if not the most active one) campus in EVE University and it has no focused gameplay but a focused mind of "establishing an efficient environment for learning" with diversity of activities from PvE to PvP. Many HSC members enjoy doing Missions and Mining together as well as attending PvP fleets and exploiting wormholes (gas huffing, hacking, ratting) whenever they can. You can learn the basics of mining, industry, hisec missioning and ratting, exploration as well tipping your toes into some solo pvp by attending HSC Fight Club and fleet PvP by attending Quick Response Fleets against wartargets/hostiles and/or joining lowsec fleets by launched by Hi-Sec Campus and/or Low-Sec Campus. HSC recently shines with its Quick Response Fleets and War Campaigns against wartargets 8) as well as decent PvE activities such as Moon Mining and Level4 Mission Fleets. It is a good starting point for new capsuleers.

Due to the promixity of HSC to the LSC, I did not exactly stayed in LSC system but I joined their fleets whenever I can and did some PvP with them. LSC, although having very lucrative PvE opportunities like Low-Sec combat site running, low-sec belt ratting, exploration and of course better ores available, focused on solo and small gang PvP. They have a PvP Mindset and you can see that their members love to form impromptu small gang fleets to roam in lowsec. They also do belt ratting and combat site running for good income. They recently moved into their new location for better pvp opportunities. The new location is also very close to HSC so HSC members happily enjoy their lowsec fleets.

Null-Sec Campus is similar to High-Sec Campus for their diversity in campus activities. With the recent changes the management did at the campus, they became quiet active campus with PvE and PvP activies. They have the best moon mining within EVE University, and the nullsec ratting and combat site running is lucrative as well as relic site running which may be quite rewarding with some luck. They also have mission fleets in NSC. Of course PvP is an important part of Nullsec Campus. Due to the lack of gate guns, and availability to bubles, pvp in nullsec is quiet different from lowsec and highsec. You can also expect capital drop on your fleet if you enjoy a glorious death :lol: . It is very exciting place with lots of opportunities.

Amarr Mining Campus (AMC) really excels on mining and industry. It is a campus with dedicated mining and industrial activities. The name itself implies lot about the campus' main activity; mining, although they have mission and ratting fleets as well! If you want to excel in mining with some occasional and relaxing missioning and ratting, AMC is your place.

Solitude Campus is basically a hi-sec campus located in a hi-sec island, which means that you need to travel through lowsec and nullsec systems to reach there or find a wormhole connection from one system to another. It is a place if you do not want to bother with wartargets since most of our wartargets (which are hisec wardeccers) do not bother to travel through lowsec and nullsec. So they enjoy doing PvE (mining, moon mining, missions, combat site running and etc) as well as industry (they have some good infrastructure there in their location) and trade !

Wormhole Campus (WHC) is a campus located in a wormhole space (J-Space). They do PvE (combat site running, hacking, mining, industry) and PvP (solo and fleet) in their system and/or systems connected to their system (and those connections change DAILY). You need some basic understanding of exploration to start navigating through wormholes and find your way and need some specialized ships. The lack of local chat makes things VERY interesting in wormhole systems and you need to have a wormholer mindset to prosper in there and to learn a wormhole mindset you need to join WHC :)

Incursion Community is very straigthforward. They run Incursions (surprise surprise :lol: ) and they are good at what they do. Recently they increased their activities and set a weekly Incursion fleet event and even a newbro can join them with a frigate as a picket and can earn very good ISK per hour and learn how to run a incursion ship by listening their comms until he/she get ready to join them as damage dealer/logistics etc.

Also ou must know that you don't need to choose one campus and stick to it until the very end, but you can join different campuses at the same time by simply going there and having some ships around and attending their events/fleets! Only WHC needs a registration through a spreadsheet but you can basically join any campus you wish. And EVE University encourages members to join various activities in different campuses with a program called Cross Campus Initiative.

As a last note, regarding your goals, you can join HSC while you are skilling up, but also hop in to Incursion Fleets in the mean time and volunteer for picketing/scouting roles so you can learn how they operate.

Have fun!

PS (to the campus staff) : I tried to give some insight depending on my experiences, but if you believe I give wrong information here, do not hesitate to comment and correct it.
"In Blasters I Trust"

<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Assistant Campus Manager
Assistant Campus Manager

Post 2018.12.20 12:57

What Ersin said re Solitude
Image Image Image Image
<<

Eir Geiravor

Portrait

Post 2018.12.20 15:02

All of the campuses have an e uni chat, and mumble channels. One way to get a feeling for the ‘community vibe’ is to drop into chat, listen and ask questions.

Return to What Next?