Need some advice on diving in null industry

For questions and suggestions about what to do or train next.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Ignis Mecum Ambula

Need some advice on diving in null industry

Post by Ignis Mecum Ambula »

Hello Unistas,

After about 6 months in the game I think my long term target will be null sec industry.
I tested the living in null and I like it. Already bought almost everything (ships & skills) for non-industry stuff I like to do (like cov ops, tengu, barges, etc.)
I have income from other activities 100M+/h so initial investments (up to 3-4 bil) & some skill injecting are covered.

I want to start producing something not very complicated and which is suitable to be made from goods in our null space and need advice on:
1) what to produce (not looking for profit, just to start somewhere and learn the ropes)
2) what PI to set up
3) what to mine (like moon ore/Ice)

Fly dangerous:)
Ignis
Arkady Marten

Re: Need some advice on diving in null industry

Post by Arkady Marten »

Are you familiar with the NSC reshipping dashboard? If you are going to be based in the PC9 area, this could be an opportunity to make items for the local market that should see low-level, but regular, demand and a good profit margin. It would involve putting together entire fits, including meta/faction items, but there might be others willing to collaborate and split the production amongst each other, such that you could concentrate on just a few items to start out with.

https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 2&t=121966
Ignis Mecum Ambula

Post by Ignis Mecum Ambula »

This looks great. Thank you.
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Start with something simple, high demand, and easy to ship to Jita (the latter meaning probably not hulls).

Most people who are just starting out in industry start in one of the following: rigs (my first manufacturing was with T2 shield rigs, for example), T2 ammunition, or reactions.
9th CCI medalist

Arkady Marten

Post by Arkady Marten »

Oh, and regarding your questions 2) and 3) :

If you enjoy these aspects of the game, my recommendation would be to set up PI products and go mining for items that are easily accessible in the space that you're in and have good market prices. It is very tempting to try to be vertically integrated in your industry efforts, i.e. mine/make all the input materials yourself. But this can bind a huge amount of time in-game that might be better spent making isk or getting easier items to sell on the market, then simply buy in what you don't produce yourself. As for transporting items, both to nullsec and back, take a look at the Uni Hauling Service (https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 3&t=121063), and consider using Buyback as an easy way of converting the proceeds from PI and mining to isk.