New to UNI questions

For questions and suggestions about what to do or train next.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Jarlo Foose

New to UNI questions

Post by Jarlo Foose »

Hey folks – total newbie here looking for some guidance.

Background: Read about EVE Online & stumbled across EVE Uni a couple of weeks ago, signed up with an Alpha clone, and have been digesting wiki pages & YouTube videos ever since. Currently waiting out the 31-day period until I can get the Freshman title and access skillbooks, hangars, & such. Finished the tutorial and cranked through the closest set of career agents. Spent a few ISK on a ship fit or two, and have done some high-sec belt-ratting & exploration (plus a trip or two to low-sec just to see if I could do it without getting killed). Finishing up training the Short Skill Plan in a couple of days.

So what next?

A) The first set of career agents yielded about 15M ISK plus some ships & other items. I understand there are two other locations with equivalent agents. If I finish those, can I expect to yield about the same? Because that seems like a really easy route to 30M+ ISK.

B) Or is that peanuts and (assuming I have *some* idea what I’m doing) should I try low-sec/null-sec exploration/ratting that would be more lucrative? The most I’ve made scanning down & hacking data/relic sites in high-sec is 3-4M per hour, which I gather is not really worth the time. (although maybe that’s not actually terrible for a 2-week old alpha clone newb… I dunno…)

C) Or is there some other activity (say, UNI-organized incursions, etc) that pay better and integrate with the community more?

D) Lastly, based on what I’ve read so far, I feel like I’m looking for the shortest path to the 25M it takes to buy a full set of implants from the +3 implant program because (For an Alpha at least) training time is one of the biggest factors in the game. Is that totally misguided?

I welcome any & all advice/suggestions!! Thanks in advance!
Arin Mara
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Re: New to UNI questions

Post by Arin Mara »

The first bottleneck will be ISK, then Skill Points than who are you going to hang out with.
  • All Career Agents give the same amount of ISK. Did you try the Sisters of EVE Epic Arc?
  • Mondays and Fridays are days when groups of capsuleers do Level 4 Security Missions. Those are fun.
  • If pure ISK is what you are looking for try the Incursion Community. They make about 80M per hour when you account for travel and Fleet form up time.
  • Mining Fleets, be it asteroid or moon mining, are enjoyable too. Find someone who organizes those and they can even provide you with a payout spreadsheet! :P
  • Exploration is daring and exciting! That's what I do :) I enjoy it the most when I'm in a group with a friend or two and we poke our heads into a Wormhole or go to Null Security Space to scoop up Cosmic Signatures. Low Security Space has a great balance of lucrative and relaxed.
EVE Online is a sandbox. You will play it so long as you have a goal. What's your goal in EVE?
"I want more ISK" is a result, not a goal.
My goal, for example, is to make the Wiki the most beautiful and the most truthful publicly available knowledge repository in all of New Eden.
Feel free to join me! :)